• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aspecter

MVP+
Asqecter
Asqecter
MVP+
Ratings
Hey, I would like to suggest something regarding staff applications, due to the fact that a lot of people don't want to reveal their age and real name. I would suggest. Making a new system for staff applications. My idea for the new system is when you submit your application. It gets sent to the application team. After that, they release to the public Discarding. The person's age and name, or they can just ask the person directly would you like us to reveal your name and age? Since we need the community's review of your application. That's my suggestion!

Thanks,
Mercy

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I've seen applicants get accepted without sharing their name. They leave it as "prefer not to say".
I'd imagine it'd also be fine for age.
But I think if you are volunteering yourself to moderate a community like this, you should be willing to share some information such as what you and 140 MILLION other people have in common, which is your age.
*cough* Your age is displayed in your forums user profile.

Personally, I've realized that there is a ton of information you can share without people being able to cause you harm. And while it is your own choice, I don't see a problem with sharing this kind of stuff.

Quick

Forum Expert
ELITE
Quick_Silver_
Quick_Silver_
ELITE
Ratings
214 20
This is rather subjective imo. In my case I simply wasn't comfortable sharing my name to people that I dont know. It doesn't really affect anyone if they don't know it because online I go as someone called Quick so people can just stick to that. Private info doesn't always have to be mixed with business online. Really up to the person tho

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I understand internet privacy is very important and absolutely should be for younger children. However in saying that your name and age is the bare minimum. Being a staff member is basically a volunteer job so giving out that kind of information is part of the gig. If people are uncomfortable with that level of information being public a customer service volunteer role is probably not what is suitable.

Last edited:

DefeatedZoro

PATRON+
3VWN
3VWN
Patron+
Ratings
While I understand that some people may not wish to disclose said information, as @Sonic_Raptor said, it is a volunteer position, so you would be willing to disclose it in order to volunteer.