Stop being rude. Seriously

Bardbatos

ELITE
Bardbatos
Bardbatos
ELITE
Ratings
5 6
First of all, if you don’t have anything nice to say or can’t state your opinion in a mature manner than I ask that you move on with your day.

I understand that there are aspects of certain servers that are PVP. However, there’s a difference between simply playing the game as it should be and being a poor sport.

If you worked hard, earned your gear, then that’s great. By all means enjoy your time in the game. Just because you have the ability to be rude doesn’t mean you should.

If you kill a player with weak gear, give them a chance to get it back. Don’t be rude and laugh at them, call them names as they beg you for a chance to earn it back, claiming they’ll do anything.

Killing someone and gaurding their gear until it despawns just to watch them break down is beyond unethical. I get it- you either farmed, whaled, or exploited. Give them a chance, though. Doesn’t mean you have to make it easy, but at least give them a chance. Perhaps “Ok, pay me (x currency) to get your helmet back and we can go from there”. Don’t just laugh at them

To you, it may just be a game but there are so many kids out there who’s only escape from their hard, possibly abusive life is to play this game. Like I said, you don’t have to make it easy but if someone is begging you, at least give them a chance, even if it’s a hard task.

Minecraft is supposedly a friendly game, so please, just be kind to your fellow players. What’s a small deal to you could mean the world to another player, especially kids.

You share the world with others, so let them enjoy it too.

With an increase in mental health issues these days, the way you act towards your players can impact them their entire life.

I know most of you will greatly disagree with this viewpoint, but I again ask you to keep it to yourself. There is no reason to be rude to me or others.

Please, just be kind to your fellow players. It’ll mean the world to those less fortunate than yourself to be given a chance to earn their stuff back.

Slaapziekte

ELITE
Slaapziekte
Slaapziekte
ELITE
Ratings
59 2
Look, I understand your frustration but this is just over the top. You're dragging mental health and abuse into this which is an over exaggeration. Most PVP servers are toxic, and people do know that. You shouldn't expect them to be nice to you, because they won't.
Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk

Bardbatos

ELITE
Bardbatos
Bardbatos
ELITE
Ratings
5 6
Look, I understand your frustration but this is just over the top. You're dragging mental health and abuse into this which is an over exaggeration. Most PVP servers are toxic, and people do know that. You shouldn't expect them to be nice to you, because they won't.
Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk
i appreciate your opinion. i included mental health because its just the way things are now

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
Honestly, you can't do anything about other people's attitudes. The only thing you can control is your own attitude. As it was said, PVP servers are incredibly competitive and can get very aggressive, which isn't something you can always change. At this point in time, a high major of people normalized racism, sexism, etc as a "joke" topic. I'm not saying its something that should be taboo but i'm also saying it shouldn't be taken lightly. Obviously some people aren't joking/attention seeking and have legitimate racist/sexist views which has been linked to having higher anger levels. If you need me to piece it together, playing a competitive game where you don't know other people's backgrounds/influence, plus added rage will just increase the negativity and like i said in the beginning, you can't control other people's attitudes but you can control yours. I apologize for going partially off topic, i just felt like it linked it together

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Minecraft is supposedly a friendly game, so please, just be kind to your fellow players. What’s a small deal to you could mean the world to another player, especially kids.

Minecraft has never been a friendly game. and I keep my statement, it will never be friendly unless you're playing it with your family.

Bardbatos

ELITE
Bardbatos
Bardbatos
ELITE
Ratings
5 6
Honestly, you can't do anything about other people's attitudes. The only thing you can control is your own attitude. As it was said, PVP servers are incredibly competitive and can get very aggressive, which isn't something you can always change. At this point in time, a high major of people normalized racism, sexism, etc as a "joke" topic. I'm not saying its something that should be taboo but i'm also saying it shouldn't be taken lightly. Obviously some people aren't joking/attention seeking and have legitimate racist/sexist views which has been linked to having higher anger levels. If you need me to piece it together, playing a competitive game where you don't know other people's backgrounds/influence, plus added rage will just increase the negativity and like i said in the beginning, you can't control other people's attitudes but you can control yours. I apologize for going partially off topic, i just felt like it linked it together
i appreciate your kind way of relaying your opinion. i dont deal with this issues by responding with anger but i know the feeling to do so. all that i hope is at least one person will realize the effects unnecessary sexual/racial/etc. comments can have on others.

Bardbatos

ELITE
Bardbatos
Bardbatos
ELITE
Ratings
5 6
Minecraft has never been a friendly game. and I keep my statement, it will never be friendly unless you're playing it with your family.
youre right. it was friendly 7 years ago but hasnt been in a long time. thank you for your comment

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
i appreciate your kind way of relaying your opinion. i dont deal with this issues by responding with anger but i know the feeling to do so. all that i hope is at least one person will realize the effects unnecessary sexual/racial/etc. comments can have on others.
the thing about it is that people just want attention when they start getting racist/sexist/being rude. Typing something out is different than saying it outloud because sometimes u cant control what you say or think but u can easily control what u type and can stop at anytime. If they really wanted to stop/hold back on what they said, they would. Typically they're people who want attention so they start getting aggressive trying to build up their ego because no one wants to lose obviously. stuffs getting worse in terms of jokes so like it'll probably get worse and there isnt anything u can do about it except to keep up a positive attitude and hope other do the same. even if u do stay positive, that wont make u 100% bully free. people will still be rude but you cant control their attitude, you're only capable of changing your own

Bardbatos

ELITE
Bardbatos
Bardbatos
ELITE
Ratings
5 6
the thing about it is that people just want attention when they start getting racist/sexist/being rude. Typing something out is different than saying it outloud because sometimes u cant control what you say or think but u can easily control what u type and can stop at anytime. If they really wanted to stop/hold back on what they said, they would. Typically they're people who want attention so they start getting aggressive trying to build up their ego because no one wants to lose obviously. stuffs getting worse in terms of jokes so like it'll probably get worse and there isnt anything u can do about it except to keep up a positive attitude and hope other do the same. even if u do stay positive, that wont make u 100% bully free. people will still be rude but you cant control their attitude, you're only capable of changing your own
and youre correct about that. i appreciate your input