---------------------------------------------

First name Hannah

Age 23

Country or Timezone
Canada, Pacific Daylight Time

Discord username
stormeyedgoblin

Why do you want to become staff?
I'm very active and play on this server almost daily, and I'm really fond of the community. I enjoy helping new players and I always try to answer questions when I can already. As a helper, I believe I could do more to help support the Manacube community.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I have been playing consistently since around March of this year, but I first joined Manacube more than a year ago, before taking an extended break while finishing up my college program.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube? On an average week I estimate that I play around 2-3 hours on weekdays and 4+ hours a day on weekends. On a typical week I would say around 20 hours.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I am a very patient individual, and I have conflict resolution and de-escalation skills and strategies that I've learned and been able to successfully use on many occasions. I'm usually an excellent communicator, especially in terms of written communication. I'm a mature and responsible person, I always make an effort to think before I act or speak, and keep a level head even I'm stressful situations. I've also been playing Minecraft for a very long time, so I'm familiar with the game and also familiar with Manacube.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff? I have a full time career in child care and education. I completed a three year college program in which I took classes on psychology, child development, behaviour management, how to support families, etc. All of this I believe will support me as a helper because many of the skills I learned for my profession are people skills, and are not only applicable to children, but to everyone. For example, redirection skills, strategies for managing behaviours, de-escalation techniques, providing support to others in difficult situations, supporting healthy emotional regulation, and much more. Also, having worked with children in stressful settings means that I have a lot of experience in keeping a level head and managing my own emotions, as well as communicating with other adults such as coworkers and parents/guardians.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
I consider myself to be a mature person, someone that is reliable/consistent, and my professional experience/education provides me with skills that I believe would be really beneficial in supporting the community.

Editing to elaborate :D
1. I am mature, I'm an adult with plenty of real life experience handling a variety of situations. I can keep a level head under pressure, and I always make a conscious effort to see things from the perspectives of others so I can determine the best course of action before I act. While I don't know everything, I don't pretend to know everything, and I am always willing to learn.

2. I am reliable/consistent. Something that I've learned through my career working in childcare is that consistency is an important, especially when you're in a position where you're supporting others. I am online often around the same times of day, and when I'm online I try to be available to help people on a consistent basis. I also feel this will be important in a staff role because consistency prevents anyone feeling like staff are picking favourites. For example, if I warn someone about spamming and then a playing I'm friends with spams, I would react the same way as I did with the previous player that I warned, because being inconsistent would be unfair. This is also beneficial when it comes to communication in general, as others typically know what to expect from me, and know that they can count on me to help in any way that I can.

3. My professional experience and education provide me with skills that would be beneficial as a staff member. The majority of my application can be tied back to my professional skills and education in some way or another. When it comes down to it, the work that I do and the education I have are based around working with others, having healthy interactions, and managing behaviours to create and maintain a safe environment. While my profession is childcare, my skills pertain to adults as well, as I also work with families and other professionals as part of my career. I have the skills to be professional, I have knowledge that makes me more effective in a supporting role, and I have experience that will directly benefit my ability to be an effective staff member because of my career.
Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
I believe that a staff member is a member of the Manacube community that takes on a little bit of extra responsibility in order to support and help maintain the space that we all enjoy. Ultimately, it starts with being a player, enjoying Manacube, enjoying the people that you meet, and wanting to take that a step further to help keep and grow the community.

Are you able to use recording software? Yes

Anything else we should know?
I mainly play on Skyblock these days but I'm also semi-active on Earth. Depending on my work schedule the hours that I play may not always be the same, but I'm still a consistent player.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

You are aware that you may not use generative AI to write your application for you. Any suspicion of doing so will result in a rejection.
Yes

Last edited:

SirJakuIV

Dedicated Member
ELITE
SirJakuIV
SirJakuIV
ELITE
Ratings
94 7
+1

Stormy is an amazing person, from her helpfulness in Earth to her always positive energy all around. I think she would be an amazing staff member for Skyblock and I wish you the best of luck!

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
250 102
The application seems kinda lacking for the most of it, but your maturity, your experience with children seems to fit very well with your staff position considering you are moderating the server towards server safety and considering some people recommend you makes a great candidate.
Overall I will give you a 9/10, I believe you could have added a little bit more to questions related to Manacube, anything other than that seems fine. Good luck and hope you become staff.

StormEyedFox

ELITE
StormEyedFox
StormEyedFox
ELITE
Ratings
The application seems kinda lacking for the most of it, but your maturity, your experience with children seems to fit very well with your staff position considering you are moderating the server towards server safety and considering some people recommend you makes a great candidate.
Overall I will give you a 9/10, I believe you could have added a little bit more to questions related to Manacube, anything other than that seems fine. Good luck and hope you become staff.
I'm more than happy to elaborate on anything or add to any sections that seem too short! Which areas of my application do you feel are lacking? Is there anything specific you think I should address that I haven't yet?

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
250 102
I'm more than happy to elaborate on anything or add to any sections that seem too short! Which areas of my application do you feel are lacking? Is there anything specific you think I should address that I haven't yet?
First 2 questions, the question about your attributes and the question about the role of a staff member.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,252 312
+1

Kade_34

SrMod | Helper Management
Senior Mod
Kade_34
Kade_34
Senior Mod
Ratings
82 7
Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.
Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.
If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Kadee34], I am quicker to respond there.
Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.
The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.
Thank you,

Kade_34

Status
Not open for further replies.