bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Kind of off topic but... Shouldn't bit.ly links be disabled? Most other kinds of links can't be sent in chat (even the link to the server rules) but the ones used most for ip grabbers can. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Bitly links are not only used for ip grabbers. It's probably the most popular url shorteners.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Kind of off topic but... Shouldn't bit.ly links be disabled? Most other kinds of links can't be sent in chat (even the link to the server rules) but the ones used most for ip grabbers can. Doesn't make much sense to me.
This is the main issue I have with it. Due to the unusual TLD of these websites (.gl, .ly, etc), the filter doesn't detect that they are actual links and allows them to be posted. Not only do they bypass the filter, they also pose an increased threat due to the anonymity of the links destination for any inexperienced users clicking the link; yes, many of us know how to unshorten the link, but this server is also played by children who don't.

Ratings
7 2
Redstone, has been disabled in this season, so this wont be an issue, but i do say we need at least some redstone lile, Pistons,Levers. Only things that cant create lag machines, but gives builders the opportunity to use them to create different things. Armor stands,Trap doors,etc. I agree with the intention of having them removed, but for some of us it is kinda annoying.