Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but this just popped in my head last night and I feel like it would be a nice addition lol(?)
My idea is that Posting a Map Submission should have a form that you have to fill so you can submit the maps in the correct format.
(I mean form as in like how you apply for Staff / apply for Content Creator / appeal for ban and mute)
There are lots of Map Submissions that do not follow the needed format and I think this would be a good idea to keep the submission page easy to read.
  • Username
  • Map name
  • The # of your Plot
  • Difficulty
  • Number of jumps (could be optional)
  • Number of checkpoints (could be optional)
  • Attachments (Screenshots of the map)
  • Anything else to say? (could be optional)
I feel like this would be easier for submitters to fill without having to look at the information thread, and also easier for map judges to process.
Please comment down your opinion on this, whether if you agree or if you think this is unnecessary.
-Blororis

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
I really like the idea, and indeed it would be easier. However I think it's actually fun to make your own thread so you can customize it yourself etc? I'm not completely sure what I think abt this idea, but it's definitely a good suggestion :)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Honestly I think the way someone creates their post about their map can be very telling to a map judge. I know that when I see a submission that doesn't have the proper information that they probably also haven't looked at the map requirements, or read any of the tips/suggestions to successfully getting their map accepted.
I've thought about this in the past. I think it would be easier for the player to have a form, to make sure they have all the right information. But it wouldn't really change much from the judging perspective. People will still not read requirements. They wouldn't have to at all to make their posting look presentable or nice. It would all be done for them.
I think most people know by now that I am among one of the people who takes building and making maps very seriously :) I work very hard to make quality maps because I enjoy being creative and others also being able to enjoy my work~ I think that being able to present your work and providing the necessary information on your own is a part of map making. It's usually harder than people think to make maps successfully because the requirements we have on ManaCube are pretty unique. A form might encourage newer folks who are interested in making maps to skip over reading the requirements altogether, sadly. People who are serious about becoming a Mapper don't NEED a form, since many people end up memorizing the necessary information anyway xD I think it would be redundant overall.

Last edited: