Suggestion: lockable chests on Earth Towny

Runekaster

MVP+
Runekaster
Runekaster
MVP+
What it says on the tin.
Lockable chests would protect people against both unscrupulous mayors/assistants, and against bugs and player error with the plot permission system. It would also give mayors and plot owners more granular control over what can and can't be done on a plot (eg, I could build a structure with someone else and have a shared building materials chest and private chests for each player).

I googled and it seems this feature existed on Mineville, but the instructions from the Mineville forums for how to lock a chest did not work on Earth.

If this feature does already exist on Earth and I'm just being silly, then if someone could tell me how that'd be lovely :)

TeamJacob

Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
285 17
Hey Runekaster, I saw your post and thought I'd give you a few ideas/tips to help protect your items...

As much as I think the locking chests would be nice to have in some cases I think we could it is something that we can live without if we use our resources correctly.. With having VIP rank you should have access to '/pv 1' giving you access to 56 spots of secure chest space that only you can access. On top of that you also have your '/ec' (enderchest)

Although the mayor and town assistants can access chests on your plot other town residents cannot access your chests unless you have added them as a resident friend ('/res friend add <username>'). I would consider doing '/plot info', when standing in your house to make sure the plot belongs to you as well as '/res friend list' and seeing if you have added any friends unintentionally..
Another thing you can do in your plot/s is make sure all perms are off my doing '/plot set perm off' - This will turn all permissions off for all residents/nation members/allys in your plot.. Like I stated above only the mayor/other assistants will be able to build/destory/itemuse (use chests/doors, ect.) - If you own multiple plots this step would need to be repeated in all plots

If you ever think a town mayor or assistant has taken anything from you, I encourage you to do '/co i' and right click on the chest/s and see the logs of who took things and what was taken from the chest/s.

Town Insiding (when someone in the town steals from another town member) is NOT allowed, meaning any town mayor or assistants would risk punishment if they stole from you. You can report players HERE

Also if you do not trust the mayor or assistants in your town, maybe that particular town isn't the best town for you. I understand the feeling of items being stolen and all the hard work for those rare/hard to get items being gone. On the bright side I have seen in many situations players get the items back if insiding did occur.

I'm sorry if some of the stuff I said may have came off confusing but the towny system can be extremely confusing at times.

If you have any questions about the commands, rules, or general questions feel free to message me on here, in-game, or on Discord

Jacob

Runekaster

MVP+
Runekaster
Runekaster
MVP+
Thanks a bunch!
I knew about the plot permission commands, but not about the other ones. This is very handy