Summary of Pickaxe Upgrades.

Kanji

ELITE
Kanjita
Kanjita
ELITE
Ratings
For Starter/New Players: When you first join, you are obviously gonna start out with a pickaxe and start mining at first, getting money to rank up. If you haven't noticed you are getting mana while mining, 1 block mined= 1 mana. To start upgrading your pickaxe do /exchange, there you will see all the upgrades to put on your pick to make it better. I'll start by going down the list of all the upgrades and their prices (Note: Upgrades do have prices on them, increasing each time you continue buying that same upgrade). When upgrading your pickaxes you can also see their max levels, just wanted to throw that in there.

Efficiency: Adds +1 Efficiency level to your pickaxe in hand. Efficiency decreases the time it takes to mine blocks (Price: 200 x 1 Level). As the description say, every time you buy this upgrade, it will decrease the time to mine blocks. This will be one of the 3 upgrades you should focus on. Mining 200 blocks, equaling to 200 mana, will give you the chance to upgrade it. You want to get this to at least 15 first, meaning you will need a total of 1,000 mana (200 x 5 = 1000) but it would be best to go beyond your mana total.

Haste: Adds +1 Haste level to your pickaxe in hand. Haste increases your mining speed/attack swing (Price: 700 x 1 Level). Haste would be your least priority in your pickaxe so don't spend too much time and mana into that upgrade yet.

Fortune: Adds +1 Fortune level to your pickaxe in hand. Fortune increases the amount of blocks/loot you get from mining (Price: 1200 x 1 Level). This is the another but 1st upgrade you would want to focus on since each mine has blocks that double when you mine them, making it easier for you to sell them (Fortune does NOT increase the amount of mana you earn each block you mine). You will need lot of mana for this so make this your second priority after upgrading your efficiency a bit.

Unbreaking: Adds +1 Unbreaking level to your pickaxe in hand. Unbreaking increases the durability of your tool. (Price: 75 x 1 Level). This should be your last focus when upgrading your pickaxe mostly because you will be mining A LOT to get to God Mine and hitting Hades rebirth.

The next few upgrades are just, for fun in a sense, you do not have to buy these to make your pickaxe good but some can help.

Explosive: Adds +1 Explosive level to your pickaxe in hand. Explosive blows up surrounding blocks of wherever you mine. These blocks go to your inventory, but do not grant you mana (Price: 60,000). In my personal opinion and experience, do NOT get explosive. If you want a lot of mana or need blocks removed on your plot with a pickaxe that has explosive do not get it.

Autoblocking: Adds +1 Autoblocking level to your pickaxe in hand. Automatically condenses dust/ores into their corresponding blocks (Example: Diamonds into Diamond blocks, Emeralds into Emerald blocks). This happens when your inventory becomes full. (Price: 35,000). Turning Diamond into Diamond Blocks or Emeralds into Emerald blocks and selling the blocks can give you a lot of money than the regular ores. Just a heads up.

Autosell: Adds +1 Autosell level to your pickaxe in hand. Autosell automatically sells mined blocks when your inventory becomes full. (Price: 35,000). Take note of this, Autosell and Autoblocking do NOT combine.:mad: You will have a really hard time selling your diamond blocks or emerald blocks with autosell because your inventory sells faster than your ores can turn into blocks. Choose one or the other.

Speed: Adds +1 Speed level to your pickaxe in hand. Speed increases how fast you walk/run/fly (Price: 3,500 x 1 Level). This upgrade doesn't really have any benefits to your pickaxe or you. Personally it's just an easier way of getting around the mine or spawn.

Last edited:

BlueRains

MVP+
BlueRains
BlueRains
MVP+
Ratings
Speed is bugged out right now and will make you rubberband. Also, Fortune should be the first thing you upgrade and the the prices arent right. Level 99 Unbreaking will cost you 74245 mana, the levels before that a bit less but still a lot.
With the formula (x/2)*(y^2+y) (credit to EmperorBonaparte) you can calculate how much mana you actually need, which is 355500 mana for Unbreaking, 979000 mana for Efficency and 390000 mana for Fortune. That makes a total of 1724500 mana, but you don't need to upgrade your pickaxe all the way as is explained in EmperorBonapartes post.

The cost increase per level = x
The aspired level = y

Kanji

ELITE
Kanjita
Kanjita
ELITE
Ratings
Idk why but I had a really hard time looking for Emperors thread but yeah, I knew he had a formula but I was tired when I wrote this whole thing so I just copied from what I was seeing. xD

BlueRains

MVP+
BlueRains
BlueRains
MVP+
Ratings
You can filter t
Idk why but I had a really hard time looking for Emperors thread but yeah, I knew he had a formula but I was tired when I wrote this whole thing so I just copied from what I was seeing. xD
You can filter threads on the person who started it.