Super Smash Bros

The Doctor

VIP+
dan1116307
dan1116307
VIP+
Ratings
18 2
There is a old minigame that died out due to it being only on a single server called Super smash bros which had a class system and a multitude of different class each with their own unique abilities that allowed for varied 1v1s 2v2s or even 1v1v1v1s. It used to be hosted on a server called Minecade and I think it could be brought into Manacube as an alternative to Kitpvp. It can be configured to be played in the regular vs mode or a small tournament mode in which 8 people participate to find an eventual winner. A good monetization scheme for this would be gems/points/cash from winning matches and then are used to buy kits for a certain period of time but if you want to own all the kits or 1 specific kit then it would be bought with harder currency. Global rank or server specific rank could bring perks like choosing a map, time of day, or have its own monthly payment to access all classes. With crates included for cosmetics on class weapons and armor.

Old snippet of info from a Sethbling vid in 2013 showcasing the original server.
(8) Super Craft Bros Server Update -- Minecraft PvP Server - YouTube

Josh - MobDrops

ELITE
MobDrops
MobDrops
ELITE
Ratings
I believe this has been featured on many servers over the years, even at the all known bigger servers that I shouldn't mention.
And in my honest experience. I don't think they did all that great.
The playerbase was always below average and had bat retention rates. People got bored pretty quickly with all the jumping, flinging and the texture heavy elements meant that many players had performance issues mid game. Resulting in a flood of player disappointment towards staff or users that they lost to.

It certainly was something new and exciting back then when features where but a fraction of what is possible in multiplayer servers today.
And given the completely revamped combat physics, it would be quiet a bit of work to implement as just a mini-game within an already feature rich server.

Good suggestion nevertheless! I agree that combat minigames that distract from the modern pvp style should be experimented with! And I would love to see Manacube join in along the first servers that do so.

Last edited:

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9

Attachments