Survival Improvement

vibers1x

ELITE
vibqs
vibqs
ELITE
Ratings
34 18
  1. Hello everyone, me and my friends have noticed that manacube, especially survival has slowly started dying. A lot of players who use to log on everyday are no longer enjoying it here including ourselves. First lets take a look at the player count - around 2 months ago when i would play at 1pm, there would be 1200 people on. Now at 1pm there is maybe on a lucky day 900. Keep in mind that at least 40% ( 360 players ) are alt accounts. With that being said lets start with the suggestions. I am going to break this into 3 main aspects. 1 - PVP. 2 - Overall Survival ( building, grinding etc ) 3 - Leaderboards.

Starting off with #1 being pvp, this is a very bad experience here on manacube. You see, this season the average pvp fight 1v1 is maybe 5 minutes at the max, but grinding the holys for those 5 minutes takes hours. Along with this, there is no reward for pvp. If I kill someone holyd I get nothing in return besides maybe a few golden apples. This is why I suggest, upon killing someone - instead of their holy disappearing, the holys drop and the player who killed them gets too pick it up. Onto the next part of pvp - svas. I will admit, swrds has been releasing some very good axes and swords lately, but I feel that there needs to be new good armor, armor that could counter eros. For those that dont know, eros gives the player regeneration 2. Regeneration 2 gives half a heart of health every 25 game ticks. or .4 heart every second. This may not seem like a lot, but that is 24 hearts every minute. I feel that, instead of manacube nerfing items that actually work against this - such as lucille, they keep those so there is actually a counter to this. Finally is pvp itself - I feel that instead of pvp being in spawn, it should be its own huge world kind of how it is on skyblock.

Now on #2, Overall Survival, me and many others believe 2 things, 1 being that there should be a meta change every season. Instead of players starting off the season knowing exactly what to do, it should be changed every season, causing it to be longer until players are actually established. Within the first 2 months of this season people were already having billions on billions of dollars. And they expect seasons to last over a year, when its already boring and its not even four months in. That is why we think there should be a meta shift every season. It doesnt have to be a big one - it could just be new spawners, or new ways of making money that aren't hundreds of iron golem spawners and tons of alt accounts making money while you sleep. Second thing is, if the meta does stay the same, the resets should be more often - maybe every 6 months. Myself and many others are already ready for a reset and like I mentioned earlier its only 4 months into this season. There isnt even much new things per reset, and its so long in-between. The only big thing that happened in this season is a new spawn, Kilton boss and a few new ce's. Another thing about this topic is /isles. They need to start making new isles, as using the same ones for every realm is getting extremely tiring. From the entire time I have played manacube, there never has been any change, this is probably why a lot of people are quitting. Finally, events - myself and a LOT of others agree that the rare events that happen on manacube, are quite boring. Take the Halloween event for example - there is a house with pvp where you keep items, and a maze where u kill mobs for candy. All u can buy with this candy is a few titles, wardrobe and furniture. This event should of had a lot of more things to keep it interesting longer.

2. Finally #3, Leaderboards. There are 13 solo leaderboards, and 5 party leaderboards, making there a total of 18 leaderboards. Now how many of these have any meaning? None of them. Before it was p top that had a payout but from what I'm aware, they got rid of that. There is utterly zero point of grinding leaderboards anymore as you dont receive anything from them. ( I could be wrong about p top, but multiple people I asked said that it doesn't give reward anymore ). Now with that being said - I feel that each leaderboard should give a reward, it doesn't have to be cubits it could be a title, pin, glow or anything. But I strongly feel they shouldn't be useless.

Please carefully read over these suggestions and feel free to comment any suggestions you also have / give feedback about ours!

Last edited:

jcody_parker

PATRON+
jcody_parker
jcody_parker
Patron+
Ratings
72 1
"They need to start making new isles, as using the same ones for every realm is getting extremely tiring"

+1 It's so boring having the same isles worlds and monsters all over again. From season 6 to season 7 there was a big change from slayer worlds to isles making it fun for everyone. isles was packed with people for months. This season its the same exact thing so the isles worlds were dead and empty within like 2 weeks

fana

QA Team
fanasey
fanasey
QA Team
Ratings
Good suggestions - although I think the holies dropping on death would need a rework because this would just keep thousands of holies in the game and thus making them borderline worthless.

PVP is in desperate need of actual balancing to counter drag/eros. In my opinion individual items like these should not be "necessities" that everyone needs to have to play the game. New crates are doing a better job of bringing other options but in reality this is just trying to patch up the problem rather than addressing it. Whether it's by nerfing regen in /warp pvp with it being in its own cube or adding item effects to make it less effective - something should be done. Freedoms/reapers were expensive in the past but you could still pvp with a sharp 8 axe or a saber. This is not the same. At the end of the day though survival isn't based around pvp (granted this is why survival continues to be one of the most active realms) so you think it would be a good idea to focus on it.

It would be nice to see an isles/worlds update or revamp but who knows how long it would take to get new custom models and implement it. Take Earth for example - it's the same models yet again but just placed around a new world. At some point they're going to have to use new content but then again that will get recycled to every other realm as well.

The Halloween even was a step in the right direction so I do hope to see more events like that.

I do like the use of multiple leaderboards but it seems like it's been made very clear that there won't be multiple payouts anymore. It seemed like it was a big reason why Olympus was successful back in the day so I wish there would be something similar.

vibers1x

ELITE
vibqs
vibqs
ELITE
Ratings
34 18
Edit - instead of "instead of their holy disappearing, the holys drop and the player who killed them gets too pick it up ". Holies could maybe have a percentage rate to drop such as 10%

D

Deleted member 147690

You made some great points and suggestions. In general PVP on mana does seem to be slowly fading away. The point you made regarding holy scrolls being difficult to obtain is something that a lot of players can find agreeable. Unsurprisingly, not many players find it interesting to sit at a grinder, clicking their mouse for a long while to later purchase a single holy scroll. Its simply too boring, repetitive and takes too long. To make obtaining souls a little more interesting and easier, a new Isle could be implemented. It could have a similar difficulty to burninglands and have mobs with their common reward being a generous amount of souls. I strongly think that a significantly larger amount of new and old players would consider jumping into PVP for a change if holy scrolls were much easier to obtain.

Instead of players starting off the season knowing exactly what to do, it should be changed every season
Couldn't agree more. Before the season even started, a lot of players had planned everything out.

Regarding the halloween event, I personally really loved it and I think that similar events should definitely be held in the future. It got many players involved and running around for some pretty nice cosmetics.

I feel that each leaderboard should give a reward
This would be really nice - Having a reward for each leaderboard would definitely make players more competitive and give them something to work for.

Last edited by a moderator: