ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Well here I am!
Hey Ewout and Kubikit!
I am here to give you my review of the map.

Firstly I find the theme a LITTLE CONFUSING. But I think the theme is definitely original so GREAT job on it!
The build of the map is absolutely AMAZING. Every single one of the builds are extremely detailed and recognizable. This map definitely took quite a lot of effort, amazing job Ewout!
The parkour of your map is
PRETTY GOOD. It is varied, mostly fun and definitely fits the Insane difficulty, I find the parkour extremely challening, but this isn't a bad thing. I only have a few spots that I really think should be adjusted in some ways.
2020-05-18_09.53.20.png

This jump is very difficult and the previous checkpoint is quite far behind. I'd consider nerfing this jump at least to some extent.
2020-05-18_09.57.07.png

The checkpoint is close here but this water is quite tricky and annoying. I would recommend adjusting it slightly to make it more enjoyable.

There are also two skips in the map that could use patching. Mostly the map was very well patched from exploits but I was able to find two. (Red arrows indicate the exploit path, green arrows indicate the correct way to go)
2020-05-18_10.17.02.png
2020-05-18_10.31.43.png
2020-05-18_10.17.13.png

This is the first skip. You can go around the woman's back and skip to this ladder. If done at the perfect spot you can skip an entire checkpoint, 11 jumps. (You can start the skip from an earlier spot than what the first picture shows.)

2020-05-18_10.20.35.png

This is the second skip. You can use momentum from the flower pot to the cocoa bean and then the glass block to skip 6 jumps on the bird and reach the end jump. Simply adding barriers on the yellow glass block will fix this.

I wish you good luck on your map submission! :)

Kubikit

MVP
Kubikit
Kubikit
MVP
Ratings
Ty for the reports ! I'll definitely patch them asap.
Concerning the 2 jumps you believe are too hard : I suggest you go directly on the beige head from the cocoa bean. And I'll add a sign explaining the trick to the water jump.

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey EwoutV / Kubikit, here is my review of your map! (i'm only a helper and not a map judge so my opinion has no effect on the final decision) (im also biased because i love both ewout and kub)

This map is fantastic. The build is top notch and well detailed. The theme is original and intriguing. Not much else to say about the build / theme other than that they are fantastic. The parkour is also incredible. You have many unique jumps and tricks I've never seen before and your parkour is well-varied and fits the difficulty of insane. I swear Kub is the Leonardo da Vinci of parkour. He's constantly inventing new tech and tricks and discovering more things to push the limits of parkour on Manacube. I will be very shocked if this map doesn't get accepted.

Good luck!

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hello,

I am going to be accepting your map, for the following reasons:

The theme for your map is original as it has not been done before, so good job!

The build for your map is extraordinary, I really enjoyed looking at your map and while testing it, you could see all the effort on detailing all of it. Truly amazing.

The parkour for your map was also good, but after discussing with other PK staff, we decided to make some changes to make it more fitting to the difficulty you have chosen. The parkour was also super varied and really fun to test.

If you have any questions regarding your map or submissions in general, please contact me on Discord, my name is fau#1734, or start a conversation with me on the forums.

Thanks for submitting a map and I hope to see more maps from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.