Rejected TaliaSea / Path around the world / Medium 46 jumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 18.53.07.png
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 18.53.38.png
so i made some modifications cuz i saw i didnt add checkpoints. the map is made from mostly things you find in minecraft and not craft. Its a medium level map .
you can warp to my plot with /plot v TaliaSea .
Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 16.19.09.png

Last edited:

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Heyo! I'm glad that you've decided to try your hand at map making! Here are my thoughts on this map;

THEME:
The theme seems somewhat original, however, there are still some maps that partially use this theme of going through areas or a world. (E.G Biomes)
BUILD:
Honestly, the build feels quite small. It doesn't feel like it's been given thought, but rather it feels like several maps have just been squashed together. The end of the map also feels very different from the rest of the map. I also found it hard to find the start and end of the map, as the build felt very circular and compact, and had no defining start or end (just a side-note, it's always good to have a spawn area with crediting to the builders and some information about the map for the beginning and a pressure plate with wool corresponding to the difficulty to mark the end).
PARKOUR:
I'm not quite sure how to talk about your parkour. Whilst the beginning of the map has somewhat decent parkour, the end of the map makes you go through a tunnel of water and just hop over a couple of pools. Not to mention you can skip the majority of the map from the very start! Half of the parkour is floating, which is okay, but it's always best to avoid floating parkour as much as possible! The parkour, in general, feels very easy and short, with no real challenges.

Overall, the parkour and the build feel very lacklustre and the map overall feels somewhat rushed. If you were to go back and change a few things (patching skips, removing floating parkour, etc.), as well as polish up the build and parkour, I'm sure you could have a good map on your hands! Good luck in your future maps!

Ratings
thank you for your opinion i'm working on a creative map right now. Ive been building it for so long so i wanna focus on that. Thank you for putting that in a nice way. Hope you have a good day too.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello TaliaSea,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are many maps with the biomes/floating island theme. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build is quite small and simple, however it is accurate to the theme, which is good.
The parkour does feel quite repetitive, as you did use a lot of normal blocks repeatedly. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items to create more original jumps, also try to work out different ways you can utilise these blocks, as this will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
Most of the parkour is floating. In the future, try to have one or two main builds, then incorporate the parkour into that, as sometimes, having an excessive number of floating jumps can make your map look a bit messy.
The length is good for a medium map, and the parkour is good for an easy/medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.