Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: For your parkour theme by the looks of it from me you've made a Pokemon themed parkour map submission, unfortunately, we've already got Pokemon-themed parkour map submissions, for example, PokemonArt. For your parkour map detail, it's pretty basic, I can see that you did put some attempt into the design but it still looks kind of undetailed and basic in my opinion.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For your parkour difficulty I would say that it most likely matches that of an EASY map submission which I can clearly see from the title that's what you were going for, you've made a few strafe parkour jumps in your map though that I think shouldn't be on an EASY level parkour map submission. For your parkour variety, it's very basic, you only use a handful of parkour jump blocks and there are no unique jumps. I suggest making flowerpot jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, etc.

Good luck!

Idc how boring the parkour could be or how hard or how quickly it could be done. As long as the team plasma grunt battle music played in the background, I would play this all day

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Jotaro0907,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is somewhat original, there are a lot of pokemon maps already, but none exactly like this. I would recommend referring to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't great, it is quite small, however I can see that you have put some detail into it which is good. I would suggest trying to have one or two bigger main builds for your map, then incorporate the jumps into that.
The parkour is very repetitive, as it is almost all normal blocks. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when creating parkour maps, as this will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
Most of the parkour is floating. Try to implement your jumps into the build more, and avoid having an excessive number of jumps floating around the build or the void, as this can make your map look a bit messy.
The difficulty is good for an easy, but the map feels a bit long. Try to stick with the guidelines mentioned in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
I would also recommend looking at this article for more information on creating parkour maps https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.