Rejected The Asian Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hi my name is Guddeman and I have done a parkour called: The Asian Islands. I got my inspiration from when I was in Asia. I would probably say that difficulty is Medium, it has 55 jumps. This is my first parkour I ever built, so I think it turned out okay. (ID -99;-94)
2020-08-06_14.37.27.png 2020-08-06_15.07.52.png 2020-08-06_15.13.17.png 2020-08-06_15.10.22.png 2020-08-06_15.11.02.png

Quintum

VIP
Quintum_
Quintum_
VIP
Ratings
82 7
Floating island parkours are no longer acceptable as a build. Unfortunately this decreases the chance of your map being accepted.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Hey! I second what quintum said, but I have some other tips too. Your build is pretty nice, and despite the floating island problem, I really like it. Your pk is pretty decent, but I would add some more varying and interesting jumps (flower pots, playerheads, chest, cactus, ench. table, etc.). Overall great job!

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hey! I second what quintum said, but I have some other tips too. Your build is pretty nice, and despite the floating island problem, I really like it. Your pk is pretty decent, but I would add some more varying and interesting jumps (flower pots, playerheads, chest, cactus, ench. table, etc.). Overall great job!
just a quick note, I've seen many examples of people who think their jump is unique because they added random and unuausl blocks, but this is not the case. If you don't change the structure of the jump, than it will feel exactly the same. For example. A brewing stand to piston head 3b wont feel much different from enchantment table to lilypad 3b, since both of them, at the end of the day, are 3 block jumps. If your imputs and mouse movemtnts are the same, but the starting and landing blocks are different, then theres really no change in originality, rather theres simply a change in appearance and difficulty.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
thanks for adding that, couldn't have said it better myself. the form and flow of a jump is not just based on the blocks you use.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Guddeman,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of floating island-related maps and some asian architecture-related maps (that look similar to this one) currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. Floating islands are not very attractive most of the time and this is no exception. Not only are they unattractive, but they also show a lack of focus on one's build. You could've definitely made the shrine-esque build in the middle the star of your map and gone from there. Instead, we have 3 loosely related islands, creating a very messy look. Furthermore, I think the actual components of the build are too bland and simple. The shrine build looks like one you could find anywhere, try to make it look more original. And, integrate your parkour into your build better, it just makes it look even messier.
  • Parkour: The parkour does fit the medium difficulty in both length and difficulty, even if it's on the easier side. But, I did not find it to be very enjoyable to do as you utilized a lot of the same jumps/blocks for the entirety of the parkour. We want you to be as creative as possible as you can with your parkour because it's one of the main attractions of your map. We don't want to do the same jump over and over. Spice it up! And, try to add more signs/carpets as I found it to be quite confusing.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.