lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
Not gonna get too involved but I'll say this: Creative + Parkour updates (two of mana's oldest servers) < Olympus updates. Creative needs an actual update so don't be going on about Olympus this, Olympus that, it means nothing to me and a lot of others

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Not gonna get too involved but I'll say this: Creative + Parkour updates (two of mana's oldest servers) < Olympus updates. Creative needs an actual update so don't be going on about Olympus this, Olympus that, it means nothing to me and a lot of others
Well, Olympus is the newest and least stable server with the largest and most active community.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
While I personally love Olympus and have no real idea about any of ManaCubes’ other servers (as much as Oly at least), I do see your point.

Once Olympus’ issues are all sorted out, the other servers will be a bigger priority. I think it’s refreshing for Olympus to be in the spotlight for a bit, considering last season people felt as though Oly wasn’t really cared about - then again, people still feel that way now... but I honestly, do completely see where you are coming from.

I promise, this is just temporary while the current issues and bugs on Oly get sorted out. This is in no way the “Fall of ManaCube”, truthfully... are you seeing complaints on the servers you play on, and are they as much as in Olympus? Because from what I’ve seen... it’s just Oly players who agree with the OP in this thread and any other similar threads.

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
The thing is, not all changes go in /updates. For instance, when Trench got enabled, but then disabled again, it was not in the updates that the enchantment was disabled for further optimizing.
This lead to a lot of spammy messages on the server; "is trench back"
Now I know trench has been used a lot as an example, but it is a valid example.

Also, I understand why mods and admins don't treat it as a full-time job. I get that, however, it still IS a business, as it is generating income for the owner.
I'd also like to point out that I personally do not blame the mods for anything. I feel like it's the higher powers of the network who need to keep the staff team informed.

Another example of the bad communication, is the rule about the amount of alts allowed.
Some people say it's your main account + 2 alts, some say it's 3 alts, which means your main account + 3 alts.

I think these rules need to be completely clear and firm. That would help with the constant confusion about rules.

peace :)
I WOULD comment on the trench example but TBH I don't know a whole lot about it since I don't play olympus.

I know that ManaCube is a business the problem I have is people treating it like and comparing it to a REGULAR business. This is a Minecraft server, not a McDonalds. We're not paid employees here to obey your every command, we're unpaid staff member who help where we can. The two are completely different so you can't accurately compare ManaCube to regular businesses. I'm not aiming this comment at you, iFlame, just some people need it drilled in their head

Finally, nothing in the rules about alt limits, so I'm not too sure what you mean by "the rule about the amount of alts allowed" because there isn't one?

Anyway, have a good one, Alfie ;D

EDIT:

When I said there is no rules about alt limits, I meant we wouldn't ban for it. There is a plugin in place that limits it, however it's not a rule. It's like saying "no spawning in cubits," it's not written as a rule, because as long as you obey the "no exploiting" rule, you physically can't

Last edited:

DunnyTheThird

ELITE
DunnyTheThird
DunnyTheThird
ELITE
Ratings
40 1
So alfie no alt limit? Lool I can get on 20 accoutns on my ip and ill be fine and wont get banned? Just need to know from the words of a mod+ mouth :D

AlfieJay

Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
So alfie no alt limit? Lool I can get on 20 accoutns on my ip and ill be fine and wont get banned? Just need to know from the words of a mod+ mouth :D
You wouldn't get banned, you just couldn't do that. There is a plugin that only lets a certain amount of alts on a server at once. We wouldn't ban for it, just you wouldn't be able to

IrishEmmy

PATRON+
Emmyox
Emmyox
Patron+
Ratings
64 2
Basically, the server only allows a certain amount of accounts under your IP to be logged on at once. So it would be impossible to log on more than 3 under your IP, it physically wouldn't let you log on with that 4th account.

Eureka14.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Eureka14
Eureka14
ELITE
Ratings
131 7
I really hope that Manacube starts to realise its mistakes and hopefully the bugs and errors should be amended

IrishEmmy

PATRON+
Emmyox
Emmyox
Patron+
Ratings
64 2
I really hope that Manacube starts to realise its mistakes and hopefully the bugs and errors should be amended
I appreciate that the server does have alot of things going wrong right now. And yes, it is very frustrating.
But what we as players have to remember is that the staff are not paid, they dedicate their own free time into making this server playable. So when it comes to broken things, staff can only do as much as they can do. They are human, they have lives outside of the game, which comes first.

I hope the things get fixed fast, but if they don't, that will purely be because this is, after all, a game, real life takes a precedent over ANY video game. Cut the team some slack.

iFlame

ELITE
iFlame
iFlame
ELITE
Ratings
113 4
But what we as players have to remember is that the staff are not paid, they dedicate their own free time into making this server playable. So when it comes to broken things, staff can only do as much as they can do. They are human, they have lives outside of the game, which comes first.
The thing is Emmy, that the staff is not the ones resolving the bugs. It is the developers and Dacon, as far as I am concerned. So saying that they don't get paid is false. Of course the mods and admins are left unpaid, but as they aren't the ones fixing bugs, we shouldn't rely on them in that manner. (The mod team does a good job, just saying that it isn't their business to fix bugs)

IrishEmmy

PATRON+
Emmyox
Emmyox
Patron+
Ratings
64 2
The thing is Emmy, that the staff is not the ones resolving the bugs. It is the developers and Dacon, as far as I am concerned. So saying that they don't get paid is false. Of course the mods and admins are left unpaid, but as they aren't the ones fixing bugs, we shouldn't rely on them in that manner. (The mod team does a good job, just saying that it isn't their business to fix bugs)
You may not be aware, but Dynsalir does alot of coding work for Dacon, that he openly has talked about whilst online. He is only an ADMIN. I'm pretty sure he doesn't get paid, and yet he still helps. Last year when survival was having horrible lag issues, it was Dylan who found that it was a memory leak, and it was Dylan who helped to fix it.
The staff does help the server run smoothly. Having been staff before, staff play a very important role in fixing issues, as they are usually the ones asked to test the bugs people report and then report back to the owner, before and after fixes (that was the case in my experience).

Funtasy

Funtasize
Funtasize
Ratings
I just feel like that there should be more staff on the server. I usually play Islands and probably Hydr0 or Slime get on maybe once a week?

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I just feel like that there should be more staff on the server. I usually play Islands and probably Hydr0 or Slime get on maybe once a week?
Slime is mainly on Skyblock, and Hydro jumps between KitPvP, Skyblock and he currently plays Olympus in his down time. Skyblock/Islands staff have to juggle both Islands and Skyblock, and it can be relatively difficult to do so, if you need a member of staff on a server to report an issue, get a sceeenshot and /helpop or /report.

If you feel that there aren’t enough staff on the server you play on, and you feel you would be a good addition to the team, you can always apply here on the forums. The requirements are all there as soon as you open the sub-forum.

AlfieJay

Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
Staff applications are basically always open. Higher staff haven’t decided that there’s enough staff, they are just careful to make sure the applicants would make good staff members before accepting their applications. When you say “there should be more staff,” there isn’t a whole lot more that can be done, unless you want loads of bad staff who unfairly mute and don’t know what they’re doing.

Also /helpop can always be used to attract staff attention if necessary

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
/updates and update tab r nice but how r we supposed to know whats being worked on like we're clueless, stuck without fixed, we all think devs r lazy cuz u have to spam their dms to even get a response that they're actually working..

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
/updates and update tab r nice but how r we supposed to know whats being worked on like we're clueless, stuck without fixed, we all think devs r lazy cuz u have to spam their dms to even get a response that they're actually working..
Hoi Cedis!

First of all, thanks for responding and contributing in this post to get us up to date!

To continue with, I would like to say something that it has been said before and that we are gonna keep talking about, that is awareness of problems or issues that certain things may have, and we are doing the best for our community to maintain their playability to the max and enjoy our server, however, sometimes when doing so we cross with things that may glitch or not work at all, so we make a report for it and hope for the best to be solved as soon as possible, while we also work with our awesome developers doing such a never-ending effort work.
Coming to this topic, I would also like to clarify that developers do a super hard work and they do their best to continue updating and improving our server to the best.
Also spamming them to try and make things ‘faster’ won’t help, and it may even hinder their progress.
It is and will always be important that members share their opinions, but at the same time you will have to be patient with us.

About updates, again as mentioned before, we have a new ‘system’ for players to be able to contribute and suggest with original and innovative ideas for the server that might be helpful for gamemodes or network.
You can find the link to that website below:
https://manacube.featureupvote.com/
In fact, we not just only look at those updates but we also look at our suggestions in the forums.
Of course apart from that we are always listening our incredible members when they report us issues gamemodes may have.

¡Hope you have a good day and that this thread was useful!