Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Here's a little short-story I wrote- please do note that it's completely 100% fiction. These are FICTIONAL characters and FICTIONAL events. This story also includes "mature" themes, and possibly triggering content. You have been warned. (also note I copy-paste this from google docs and the formatting is wack but I'm too lazy to fix it lol)

The Fate in our Stars

“Sarah! Emily! Hurry up, you’re gonna be late for school again!” Sarah quickly races down the stairs, fiddling with the button on her jeans as Emily slowly trails behind her.

“Wait!! Where is my math homework? I was sure that I put it in my school bag last night...” Sarah suddenly spotting their dog, Tucker, rushes over to give him a quick pat before racing off in search of her math homework. Emily rolls her eyes muttering something neither Sarah or Teresa—their stepmother—could hear under her breath. She grabs her bag and heads out the front door, letting it slam shut behind her. Tucker follows Sarah as she frantically scours the living room pulling out the couch cushions and looking under the coffee table. Tucker nudges Sarah gently, dropping a pile of soggy crumpled up pages.

“Oh? What's this Tucker…? Wait, did you chew up my math homework again? Silly boy! You know homework isn't a chew toy!” Tucker wags his tail, his eyes gleaming mischievously. He lets out a loud bark as if demanding a reward for not completely destroying Sarah’s math homework. Sarah crouches down, giving Tucker a big hug as the dog reaches up to give her a big wet kiss in return.

A small furry creature appears, whimpering its tail tucked between its legs. It lets out a small yelp as a person reaches down to scoop it up in their arms, gently hushing its whimpers.

“SARAH!! Stop playing with the dumb dog and go, did you not hear me the first time?!” Teresa storms over angrily towards Sarah and the dog slapping Sarah’s cheek before she could move out of the way. Sarah quickly snaps out of the flashback stumbling to her feet tears in her eyes while Tucker slinks off to find a place to hide away from Teresa. Sarah hastily snatches the pile of crumpled soggy pages shoving them in her school bag before racing out the front door sobbing, holding one hand up against her cheek.

“You really shouldn't get distracted by Tucker…. you know that stepmother is looking for any excuse to get rid of him.” Emily starts walking down the driveway, pushing a long lock of dirty-blonde hair behind one ear.

“And you know that Tucker is my only friend! I love Tucker, and he loves me!! I don't know why she even hates Tucker, or any dog! Dogs are just really cool creatures if you ask me!” Tucker wasn’t just any no good mutt from off the streets, he was a highly intelligent bernedoodle (which is a bernese mountain dog mixed with a poodle). Most of the dogs in the neighbourhood were strays… she had seen quite a few lurking down dark alleyways. Tucker had been only a puppy when she found him in one of the alleys behind the local grocery store. Blinking away the memories, Sarah frowned, following Emily, her bag hanging off one shoulder.

Emily loved Tucker… almost as much as Sarah did. She knew how much her sister cared for him and knew she would be upset if stepmother got rid of him… “I think that you just need to be more careful, that's all…” She came to an abrupt halt, waiting for the red light so they could cross. Two dark shadowy figures emerged from a cluster of nearby bushes across the street.

Sarah noticing the two shadowy figures pondered whether or not they should run, or if they should stay where they were… Did Emily notice it? Was it just her imagination? A trick of the light? Should she scream for help? No, people around these parts only look out for themselves, maybe their family… but considering a lot of the families were broken around here, even that was unlikely. She caught another glimpse, it was those hooligans again…

A dark misty fog seemingly shrouded them in its shadowy grip. The trees seemed to grow taller, their gnarled trunks reaching for the sky, their branches drooping like long fingers, sharp nails swaying in the breeze. The park they had walked past seemed dark and gloomy, the swings swaying to and fro, causing an eerie creaking sound.

But maybe the hooligans Tom and Mark hadn't noticed them yet…? She watched them carefully. The longer she looked at them, the more wolf like they became. They had a hungry look in their eyes, their long sharp teeth snapping and snarling. Emily, unaware of the two “wolves” crosses the street, looking over her shoulder to see Sarah standing frozen staring at something. She then realised who or what she was staring at…

“Sarah.. Run!!!” Sarah snaps out of her daze, the misty fog suddenly growing thicker quickly scrambling after her older sister. It almost felt like the trees were reaching down, lashing their branches to slap her. Mark and Tom dashed across the street, barking and howling as they locked their sights on the two frightened girls. She then knew what it felt to be a frightened deer with a hungry pack of wolves hunting you down, snapping at your heels.

“You can run! But you can't hide, we will get you Sarah!!” The two “wolves” barked, slowing down before coming to a complete stop. Sarah blinks, snapping everything back to reality. The two boys no longer looked like wolves, the trees no longer tall and menacing… The dark misty fog had also dissipated, and the wind had died down the sun shining brightly through the clouds. Mark playfully shoves Tom who reaches up pulling Mark down as well. Emily looks over her shoulder, letting out a sigh of relief.

“That was a close one… why are Mark and Tom still after you? What did you do this time?” Papers scattered across the floor… angry faces looming around her. “Get back here twerp!” Before Sarah could answer, Brad, Emily’s boyfriend walked over kissing Emily on the cheek. As if I would want to tell you anyways… It’s nothing really…

“Seems like you have gotten into a bit of trouble with Mark and Tom, eh?” He winks at Sarah who stares at her feet. Brad turns his attention back to Emily taking her hand. Are me and Brandon like that when we are together? They make a pretty cute couple...

“Brad, stop joking around with my lil sis, would you?” But Emily couldn't hide the half-smile spreading across her face. The two of them leave Sarah, racing off to class. Sarah races off to her class knowing that she would be in big trouble if she didn’t show up at all.

“Sarah! Where have you been? Why are you late, and what is that?” Mr. Smith, her math teacher, stares at the crumpled papers in her hand that had been her math homework. “You know what, never mind. Sarah, come see me after class.” Well, I knew this was coming…

***AFTER MATH CLASS***

“Remember that your final summative project is due next week!” Sarah watches as her classmate grab their things, exiting the room. Brandon, Brad’s little brother stops by giving her a reassuring nudge.

“I’m sure it’ll be okay, see you after class?” Sarah simply nods forcing a half smile. Brandon then walks off, leaving her alone… or she thought she was… She notices that Chloe had also stopped to pay her a “visit.” Why did he have to leave at the worst time… Chloe hates me, but Brandon would make sure she didn’t harass me.

“So, what excuse ya got this time for being late twerp? Hm? Oh! My dog ate my homework and my father was too drunk to drive me plus my mom wasn't home?! Hah! Good luck with that one. And also… Brandon? Just stay away from him if you know what’s good for you.” Chloe turns to leave, letting her bag swing hitting Sarah square in the face toppling Sarah over. “Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there!” A large shadowy figure loomed over her, “Watch where you are going, twerp!” Sarah stumbles shaking her head to clear the memory. She leaps at Chloe, taking the larger girl by surprise.

“Don't bring my father into this. Why would you care about me and Brandon? YES, Tucker did eat my homework!” Sarah manages to wrestle Chloe to the ground just as Mr. Smith walked in almost dropping his coffee he had been carrying. Chloe looks up at Mr. Smith, trying to wiggle free.

**IN THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE**

Mr. Smith sits in a chair between Chloe and Sarah, the principal, Mr. Z (no one knows his real last name…) sits across from them behind his large desk. Mr. Z kept a large collection of all sorts of baubles and trinkets… a very weird man to say the least and mysterious. VERY MYSTERIOUS. But he didn't have just baubles and trinkets, there were also large stacks of files and papers. Chloe’s mother, Cienna, stands beside her daughter, her hand resting on her shoulder. Brandon could have gotten me out of this mess...

“Chloe is a good student, I don’t believe she would ever pick on any of her classmates. Sarah, however…. She’s unpredictable!” A shadowy figure appeared in her mind, stumbling and crashing into a table before falling over. The shadowy figure was holding a wine bottle, which they threw on the ground glass shattering and scattering all over the place.

“Thank you Mrs. Lavendel for your concern, but we still don’t know the whole situation. Maybe it was just a little misunderstanding. I’m not saying that Sarah attacking Chloe is justifiable, but we shouldn’t jump to any conclusions.” Mr. Smith nodded in agreement, shifting slightly in his seat.

“She’s just gonna use her mother or father as an excuse for everything! Can’t anyone here see that she’s guilty? Just look at her! She hasn’t said a word, like does that not strike you as odd?” Chloe glares at Sarah, pointing a finger accusingly at her. Sarah stands up abruptly snatching up her bag, bursting out of the office before anyone could stop her. Tears ran down her cheek as she raced towards the school entrance. Sarah suddenly heard shouting coming from the girls’ washroom.

Being curious, she skids to a halt, investigating what was going on. That was when she wished she hadn’t… Slumped on the floor was Emily, a bloody knife clutched in her hand. The shouting had been two of her friends, Laura and Sydney. Sydney had managed to pull Emily’s phone out from her jean pocket and was calling Brad. Laura finally notices Sarah, giving her a sorrowful gaze as if to say sorry.

“What…. What happened? Why….” Sarah was barely able to manage any words before slumping to the floor, grabbing Emily’s empty hand. It felt cold against her skin, and she felt more tears building up inside her. Sydney had finally gotten off the phone and lay a hand on Sarah’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry, Sarah. I know you two were close… Brad will be here soon, he can drive you home.” Sarah ignores the two girls, nudging Sydney’s hand away while staring at the limp form of her sister. Blood stained her jeans and her t-shirt; some of which still trickled from the gaping gash in her abdomen. Sarah pressed her hand to the gash, letting the blood trickle around her fingers.

“Listen to me Sarah, I won't ever leave you! We both need each other!” Sarah could feel Tucker pressing close to her side, gently nuzzling her as Emily locked eyes with hers.

“This can’t be fate, Emily… Don’t leave me! I need you… you promised me!” She gently wraps her arms around her sister, holding her close. Brad suddenly bursts in, his hair ruffled and shoelaces untied. He crouches down beside Sarah, his eyes glistened with tears. She could hear muffled voices coming from down the hall, but she didn’t care.

“Where could she have gone? Should we call her parents?”

“She probably ran home, what a wimp!” Brad looks at Sarah, assuming that one of the kids had been picking on her again. Sarah finally lets go of Emily, turning towards Brad.

“Can… can you call Brandon for me…? Brad raises an eyebrow, but pulls out his phone without further question. Sydney and Laura stood up, looking at Emily one last time before leaving Emily and Brad to mourn. Brad shoves his phone in his pocket, gently resting his hand on Sarah’s shoulder.

“Brandon said he’ll be here in a second… do you want me to drive you home after?” I don’t know home… it’s not home… home is Tucker and Emily. Maybe I can grab Tucker and run away… “I just want her back… I know I still have Tucker and Brandon, but it’s just… just not the same…” Footsteps sounded outside in the hallway, then a head appeared. Brandon slipped in wordlessly, crouching down by Sarah’s side. Sarah gives Brandon a hug, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

“I’m here… I won’t leave you.” Brandon strokes her arm gently, pushing away the strands of hair falling in front of her face.

Sarah slowly stumbles to her feet, “Don't make promises you can't keep… look what happened to her, and she made a promise that she could not keep…" She then one last time at her sister before stumbling out of the washroom. She rubs her tear streaked face with the back of her palm, reaching for her phone with her other hand. Sarah thinks about calling Teresa, but then decides against it shoving it back in her pocket again. She feels a hand grab her shoulder, she turns around glaring at the person.

“SARAH!! There you are! Where have you been?” Oh… it’s Mr. Smith… Don’t give me that look, I know your mad at me… you can’t hide the truth, don’t sugarcoat. I always find out the truth one way or another… Images flashed through her head. Broken glass and tears. The reek of alcohol and indistinct screaming. Footsteps… Emily grabbing her hand and pulling her away… Emily, cradling her gently as Tucker crouched at their feet. She shuddered, blinking away the fog of images…

“I… I didn’t mean it…” she said at last, staring at the floor avoiding eye contact shoving her hands in her pockets. Mr. Smith simply shakes his head, he knew something was up but wasn’t sure what it was or if she would be able to tell him.

“Sarah, is something wrong,” he gazed down at Sarah, his eyes full of concern. “Was Chloe bullying you?” Sarah didn’t respond to either questions, switching her attention over to a poster on a wall that said “Shoot for the Stars” in large bold lettering.

She could hear a set of footsteps coming from behind her, “Sarah! We should tell Mr. Z about Emily--” The footsteps faltered, spinning around, Sarah realised it was Brandon. “Wait, did I just interrupt something?” He looked at Sarah, then Mr. Smith who was seemingly very confused.

“No, it’s fine… you’re right, we should go tell Mr. Z,” she finally looked up at Mr. Smith her eyes had formed new tears. “I… I’ll tell you later…” Brandon rested his hand on her shoulder, gently nudging her towards the office. Brad was already there by the time the two had gotten over there. Mr. Z watched as Brandon and Sarah took a seat beside Brad, Sarah clutching Brandon’s hand tightly.

“So, Brad here tells me that your sister is dead. Is that correct?” Sarah nods slowly, wishing that it wasn’t true… wishing that she was here beside her… wishing that there was something she could have done to have helped her… “I see… this is very serious matter indeed,” He looks at Sarah thoughtfully, then raises an eyebrow in Brandon’s direction as if asking for his input, but Brandon just shrugs. “You just go home… I’ll deal with it, just don’t worry too much, okay?” She nods again, standing up and turning to leave. Brandon follows Sarah out, Brad right behind them.

“I don’t want to go home… not yet…”

“You don’t have to, you can come crash at our house if you want.” Brandon turns to look at Brad as if to ask for permission.
“Just let me know when you’re ready… okay?” Sarah nodded, feeling thankful towards Brandon and Brad. By the time they had driven to Brandon’s house, it was dark out. The stars twinkled up in the sky, the moon a glowing orb. “Look Emily! It’s a shooting star!!!” Tucker sensing Emily’s excitement starts barking, jumping in the air his tail wagging.

Can you see me now Emily? Are you watching me? What will I do... without you… “Sarah, you coming?” Sarah stared longingly at the dark sky.

“Yeah, just give me a minute…” Brandon and Brad go inside, leaving Sarah alone surrounded in the swaths of stars. “Goodnight Emily… I will never forget you, I know we will meet again… up in the stars with the angels.” She finally walked towards the house, pushing the door open closing it behind her.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Don't ask me where I got the inspiration for this story bcuz I haven't a clue...

Incompleteekoala

Dedicated Member
ELITE
InCompleteeKoala
InCompleteeKoala
ELITE
Ratings
It was absolutely Lovely! <3

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
It was absolutely Lovely! <3
yes... lol, I realized that I put lav in there for some random reason, but I don't think we were even friends when I originally created the story, I just felt that "Lavendel" was a good name...? UHG Lav is an absolutely amazing hooman imo.
Also Lav... if ur reading this and going like "wtf why my name in here..." and want it removed, just let me know and I'll remove it. <3