2020-08-01_16.26.59.png
2020-07-30_19.30.53.png
2020-07-30_19.31.01.png
2020-07-30_19.31.09.png
2020-07-30_19.31.20.png
2020-07-30_19.31.25.png
2020-07-30_19.31.31.png
2020-07-30_19.31.35.png

(I couldn't have more files so i removed the one inside the hobbit hole cause it's not as important)
/plot v cinna139 1 or ID: 104;-30
Hard
around 80 jumps
The person reviewing if u want to change something msg me on here

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I'm not very good at parkour but I'll get back to you when I try it! As for the build personally I love it and its really cool but I think it needs a bigger "main" build as a lot of the parkour in the pictures is floating. I love the theme but I'm not sure it is unique enough although I think its a really cool theme just not sure what it links to LOTR ?

Ratings
I'm not very good at parkour but I'll get back to you when I try it! As for the build personally I love it and its really cool but I think it needs a bigger "main" build as a lot of the parkour in the pictures is floating. I love the theme but I'm not sure it is unique enough although I think its a really cool theme just not sure what it links to LOTR ?
I personally think that the theme was great but I don't understand your comment very much like I don't know what ur trying to say.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I personally think that the theme was great but I don't understand your comment very much like I don't know what ur trying to say.
Apologies I was pretty unclear in my post. Both because I don't do map feedback much and I was on mobile.

What I meant is that Map acceptation criteria on Manacube is very strict as they only accept certain types of maps / parkour. I have now played on your map. I think you can improve on 3 things.

Parkour: The parkour is pretty repetitive mainly using normal block jumps and fence parkour, you do have some good variation and I enjoy that style of parkour but most maps have a much wider variety of blocks such as slime block jumps, soul sand and heads. I think you need to make sure the parkour doesn't feel too repetitive. To add onto this I think most of the parkour is floating and not attached to a the builds you have and that is a big no no in map building these days.

Main Build: I love your theme its exactly the asthetic I like to build but you don't have a large "main" build as its a collection of islands which is very overused when it comes to map building.

Theme: I'm not sure your theme is unique enough even though I really like it. You should check this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit?usp=sharing
for themes that have been done before.

I really don't know much about parkour hopefully someone like @curtis or @Presidenten or @Tasses replies and can give you some more targeted feedback as to what you might be able to do to improve your map. Also please don't be discouraged by what I've said learning to build maps on parkour is super hard and this is a really really cool first attempt.

Raptor

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Basically, the judges don't want floating parkour in submissions. When your map has a bunch of smaller builds, sort of like islands, it's pretty much inevitable to have floating jumps since you need a way to get between islands.

The way I would recommend to keep what you've built but limit the amount of floating parkour is to make one big platform and stick all your builds on it. The hobbit house, the larger house (is it Beorn's house? the Green Dragon Inn?), etc. could all be on one big platform, and then the parkour could take you around and through the different aspects of the build. It's a little trickier to build parkour this way, but it's much more satisfying at the end. Take a look at maps like TostarenaTown or Ciel-Blanc (cough cough) to see how this can be accomplished.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey cinna139,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we have two maps related to the "LOTR/Hobbit" series, this one focuses on a different element inside the story. Making this map an originally themed map submission. Well done!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build could be a lot better as it has a lot of potential that just wasn't utilized to the fullest extent. The build seems very scattered and all over the place as you have the hobbit house, a bunch of floating parkour, floating trees, a farm, and another house. You have to convey your theme through one or multiple main builds or else you're left with this product that is very messy. Not only does it make look cluttered, but it also hinders the overall map's attractiveness. All of the floating components just don't make sense, they seem very unnecessary. What I' m saying is that, if anything, you should stick to the hobbit house and making a good map out of that by working more on detailing the exterior/interior and incorporating your parkour into it well. Forget the rest of the build components, too many problems arise because of them.
  • Parkour: The parkour was both long enough and hard enough for the hard difficulty, even if it was on the easier side of things. But, I did have an issue with it. This being the overuse of certain jumps/blocks either consecutively or throughout the map. I'll add an example below but what I'm trying to say with this is that while I was doing the parkour, I realized I was doing the same block and jump 4 or 5 times in a row and then switch to another block and jump and do that one 4-5 times in a row (especially heads). It's clear that you're trying to make varied parkour, you just need to include a wider variety of blocks/jumps and you will achieve that. ( )
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.