Rejected The HIMYM story - "How I met your mother" parkour themed map

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Username: KingTitan2
  • Map name: The HIMYM story
  • Description: The map is gathering all of the significant features of the story of HIMYM, to one adventurous course! A nice and flowing parkour course that is gonna be LEGEN-wait for it-DARY!
    About the creator: 14 y.o. Loves to play computer games. I'm a huge fan of both Minecraft and HIMYM series, and I am honored to present the map I created with the love to these two :)
  • Photos of the Parkour:
    The parkour map from above:
    The HIMYM story - map preparation.png
    The unique references from the show (From left to right, and by the order in the map):
    The yellow umbrella, Ted's red cowboy boots, the mysterious pineapple, the famous and well-known "Intervention" sign and the blue french horn.
    The HIMYM story - map preparation (5).png The HIMYM story - map preparation (4).png The HIMYM story - map preparation (3).png The HIMYM story - map preparation (2).png
    The 3 checkpoints:
    The HIMYM story - map preparation (6).png The HIMYM story - map preparation (7).png The HIMYM story - map preparation (8).png
    A sight from the beginning of the course:
    The HIMYM story - map preparation (1).png
  • The # of the Plot / or warp name to it: Plot ID: 58;106
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane): Easy, Easy-Medium
  • Number of jumps: 48~50

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello KingTitan2,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, but the build isn't great. In the future, I would suggest trying to make one or two bigger main builds, then incorporate the parkour into that, rather than having multiple smaller builds, as this can sometimes look a bit messy.
The parkour is quite repetitive. You did use some different blocks which is good, however, the jumps do seem to be grouped. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just ladders, then just normal blocks etc. Try to mix up your jumps more throughout your map, and experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items. This will make your map more enjoyable to complete.
The length is a bit long for an easy map, but the difficulty is good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.