Toshhi

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
Toshhi
Toshhi
Patron+
Ratings
86 1
Hi so this is going to sound like I'm complaining, but I mean this as feedback, as kind of a voice for quite a few players who I know have these same views.

Things like the Sparkle items were brought into the game months ago, and along with their inclusion in the crate, they came with what a lot of players see as a 'promise', which was for the four items to then be able to be combined to create the multitool. Since then, the news of the multitool festered and then dwindled as people lost hope in it actually being implemented due to the amount of time that it's taken to bring it into the game. It's only then brought the frustration of many people to light when in June, the multitool is being introduced. The point is if you're planning on bringing something into the game that may take a while to bring in, don't tell us until it's ready. Giving players that tiny bit of hope festers into frustration, and that's what has happened here. We're happy that the tools now being implemented, but it's really late. For the future, instead of telling the community that something is going to be brought in when in reality it could take a few weeks or months to be brought in, don't say anything at all until it's completely ready.

It's exactly the same for the Bosses on Olympus. The community was told at the beginning of the season that there will be bosses; by telling the players to expect something as big as bosses to be brought into the game, pressure is automatically put on admins and developers by the community, because the longer that it takes for it to be implemented, the more disappointed and frustrated the community gets. It's fair enough announcing larger things that will be included in the game, but it would be better if the community was given a timescale or not told at all, even if that is that the bosses won't be implemented until around midgame which is what it seems like now.

There are many occasions like this, and all they seem to be doing is causing issues with frustration and disappointment within the community on most of the realms. It makes players happy to see these things implemented into the game, but announcing that it will be brought in then making everyone wait for weeks or even months at a time causes issues on both sides (player and staff). I say the staff side because I've seen a lot of staff members being asked continuously about updates on 'promised' additions which are expected, but not brought in for quite a while.

I just want to clarify - this isn't me complaining. I intend this as pure feedback from someone within the community who has access to a lot of people's views and opinions.

Simply

PATRON
Simplly
Simplly
Patron
Ratings
112 7
I couldn't agree more, I'm sure a reasonable solution to this would simply just place a disclaimer saying "Coming later this year!," or something along those lines, because that seems to be the case in most of these. On Olympus alone (i can't speak for other realms), we still don't have Poseidon's Pond, Hades secret entrance, Hera's gift, etc.

Manasweeper caught everybody by surprise, and who knows how long they've been working on it. But, if they had announced it at the beginning of the season there is no doubt it would've fallen victim to being asked about constantly by players.

The long wait drains hope, while also building expectations, so I'm worried a lot of players are going to be disappointed with these bosses. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

At the end though, yeah, if something's gonna be announced please add a disclaimer like "coming later this year" or just not announce it at all until it's finished and ready to roll out.

Congiius

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
Congiius
Congiius
Patron+
Ratings
57 15
manasweeper event was a good touch but it isnt worth doing we are still waiting on bosses to be dropped and the sparkle multitool was late by 5-6 months

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Perfectly put and there are countless examples of this over the years. It must be tempting to announce what's coming as soon as possible, but there should be a certain amount of discretion and foresight. Parkour spectating was announced as an Elite perk when the rank first released, but it's clearly not a priority and it doesn't seem like there's ever been the foundation for it being added. It doesn't affect anything, but we wouldn't feel like we "didn't get it" if it had never been advertised so enthusiastically in the first place.

Congiius

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
Congiius
Congiius
Patron+
Ratings
57 15
Perfectly put and there are countless examples of this over the years. It must be tempting to announce what's coming as soon as possible, but there should be a certain amount of discretion and foresight. Parkour spectating was announced as an Elite perk when the rank first released, but it's clearly not a priority and it doesn't seem like there's ever been the foundation for it being added. It doesn't affect anything, but we wouldn't feel like we "didn't get it" if it had never been advertised so enthusiastically in the first place.
most things were rushed look how olympus turned out and look at the sb reset updates they half assed olympus and dont seem to care half of the content that should have been implemented from the start hasnt even arrived its so stupid they would rather meet a deadline then actually give effort into a reset of one of the most played part of manacube and the most paying