Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Hello all, this is the Manacube Weekly. For those who don't know, it's just a collection of recent notable threads and an interview from a member of the community. Without further ado, here's Week 3:

elusin13's 55 crate giveaway ended, winners being teeth420, Lavendel and _hunt3r

Yes, this was a boring week, basically nothing else happened.

Weekly Notable Thread
@Swrds dropped the Milestone Mystery Crate, giving you a 25% chance at an SVA, instead of 5%.

This week's interviewee: @Surzy
1. When and why did you start playing Manacube?
I first joined Manacube back in late 2018. At the time, I was looking for a new survival server to play on with my friends. I played for a few months, but my friends had made a different server, so I stopped playing Manacube until around December of 2021.

2. What is your favorite realm and why?
My favorite realm has to be Survival, hands down. I don’t really think the other realms are bad, but I’m not great at PVP, so Factions and KitPVP didn’t really seem super appealing to me. Creative is great, but it’s not updated, which limits some of my ideas. Skyblock and Islands are nice as challenges, but honestly I get bored easily on Skyblock. My dad plays those servers all the time, and it seems difficult to stay organized and keep a good aesthetic. I’ve wanted to play more Earth, but it’s weird playing without any SVAs again. Survival is the server I’ve made the most friends on, and have put the most time into, so it will probably remain my favorite realm for a long time.

3. Who is your favorite forums member?

I don’t really have a favorite forums member. I think everyone on the forums and on Manacube as a whole adds something unique, or adds a new perspective to the community. The server and the forums wouldn’t be what it is without each individual’s contribution.

4. What do you like to do in your free time (other than play Manacube)?

When I’m not playing Manacube, I love writing. I’ve written a lot of things, speeches, short stories, science fiction stories, legal documents, poetry, etc. At the moment, I have two poetry books published, with a third coming out this month. I also enjoy reading books. I recently reread my favorite series of books growing up, “The Unwanteds” by Lisa McMann. I also hang out with a small group of friends in real life, or play other games like Jackbox and 7 Days to Die with my brother and his group of friends. I stay up to date on politics and current events, and sometimes debate those topics (I don’t talk about it on Manacube because I don’t want to cause arguments or damage relationships with others over something ultimately none of us can change/fix on our own). I take online classes and am pursuing a bachelors of psychology so I can attend law school and become an attorney (probably to specialize in contract law). I volunteer in the local community, and over the summer pick up garbage at local parks, or help serve at a local church. I like to go on late night walks to clear my thoughts. And I occasionally dogsit for family friends.

5. What's your favorite video game? (Minecraft can't be an answer)

I’ll have to choose 7 Days to Die, since I can’t get brownie points with Mr. Dacon and say “Manacube Minecraft server” :p I’ve always loved the idea of building up your own fort/base, and then have to defend it from waves of enemies, and while I don’t particularly enjoy horror games, 7 Days to Die is a really enjoyable zombie survival game. Both single player and multiplayer is an extraordinarily fun experience, and it’s given me hours upon hours of entertainment.
Honorable mention would be Clicker Heroes, a free clicker game on Steam. I am top 50 in North America for most hours played, with over 5,500 hours. It’s not necessarily the most groundbreaking game, nor is it always the most entertaining, but it is very funny to tell people I have that many hours in a free clicker game.

6. What's your hot take?

Staying away from topics that might erupt into flame wars, I’m gonna go with these two: I prefer my steak cooked well done, practically burnt, and I eat popcorn with hotsauce and vinegar powder, and it’s so good.

Weekly Meme
1673722273238.png

Attachments

Surzy

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Surzy_MrSure
Surzy_MrSure
ELITE
Ratings
199 3
Thank you again for interviewing me :) I'm very thankful for the opportunity, and I love reading these Manacube Weekly's. Feel free to interview me again whenever!

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
ngl this is really nice
good work, keep it up

GandalfDaBlue

MVP
GandalfDaBlue
GandalfDaBlue
MVP
Ratings
10 7
Hello all, this is the Manacube Weekly. For those who don't know, it's just a collection of recent notable threads and an interview from a member of the community. Without further ado, here's Week 3:

elusin13's 55 crate giveaway ended, winners being teeth420, Lavendel and _hunt3r

Yes, this was a boring week, basically nothing else happened.

Weekly Notable Thread
@Swrds dropped the Milestone Mystery Crate, giving you a 25% chance at an SVA, instead of 5%.

This week's interviewee: @Surzy
1. When and why did you start playing Manacube?
I first joined Manacube back in late 2018. At the time, I was looking for a new survival server to play on with my friends. I played for a few months, but my friends had made a different server, so I stopped playing Manacube until around December of 2021.

2. What is your favorite realm and why?
My favorite realm has to be Survival, hands down. I don’t really think the other realms are bad, but I’m not great at PVP, so Factions and KitPVP didn’t really seem super appealing to me. Creative is great, but it’s not updated, which limits some of my ideas. Skyblock and Islands are nice as challenges, but honestly I get bored easily on Skyblock. My dad plays those servers all the time, and it seems difficult to stay organized and keep a good aesthetic. I’ve wanted to play more Earth, but it’s weird playing without any SVAs again. Survival is the server I’ve made the most friends on, and have put the most time into, so it will probably remain my favorite realm for a long time.

3. Who is your favorite forums member?

I don’t really have a favorite forums member. I think everyone on the forums and on Manacube as a whole adds something unique, or adds a new perspective to the community. The server and the forums wouldn’t be what it is without each individual’s contribution.

4. What do you like to do in your free time (other than play Manacube)?

When I’m not playing Manacube, I love writing. I’ve written a lot of things, speeches, short stories, science fiction stories, legal documents, poetry, etc. At the moment, I have two poetry books published, with a third coming out this month. I also enjoy reading books. I recently reread my favorite series of books growing up, “The Unwanteds” by Lisa McMann. I also hang out with a small group of friends in real life, or play other games like Jackbox and 7 Days to Die with my brother and his group of friends. I stay up to date on politics and current events, and sometimes debate those topics (I don’t talk about it on Manacube because I don’t want to cause arguments or damage relationships with others over something ultimately none of us can change/fix on our own). I take online classes and am pursuing a bachelors of psychology so I can attend law school and become an attorney (probably to specialize in contract law). I volunteer in the local community, and over the summer pick up garbage at local parks, or help serve at a local church. I like to go on late night walks to clear my thoughts. And I occasionally dogsit for family friends.

5. What's your favorite video game? (Minecraft can't be an answer)

I’ll have to choose 7 Days to Die, since I can’t get brownie points with Mr. Dacon and say “Manacube Minecraft server” :p I’ve always loved the idea of building up your own fort/base, and then have to defend it from waves of enemies, and while I don’t particularly enjoy horror games, 7 Days to Die is a really enjoyable zombie survival game. Both single player and multiplayer is an extraordinarily fun experience, and it’s given me hours upon hours of entertainment.
Honorable mention would be Clicker Heroes, a free clicker game on Steam. I am top 50 in North America for most hours played, with over 5,500 hours. It’s not necessarily the most groundbreaking game, nor is it always the most entertaining, but it is very funny to tell people I have that many hours in a free clicker game.

6. What's your hot take?

Staying away from topics that might erupt into flame wars, I’m gonna go with these two: I prefer my steak cooked well done, practically burnt, and I eat popcorn with hotsauce and vinegar powder, and it’s so good.

Weekly Meme
View attachment 65500
so sorry about the late interview!