The sad reality of Manacube Parkour

Herobrineapril

Ratings
36 11
Hi,

I'm a Master rank in the parkour server and I've realized that the master rank isn't something that could be determined as a skill marker. In general actually, you could cheese your way through to god rank. I started playing on the parkour a bit before the season 2 parkour update. But i was fine with the of skill to ranks at the time since it wasn't trying to portray itself as such. But season 2 seems to try to take steps towards a more skill based ranking system. However, these steps are instantly taken back once you realize that you can just buy portable checkpoints. And there not even hard to get. Just farm a bit of mana and you can do a trade with someone who bought some. Also there's apparently speed and potions, something thats completely new to me and broken that could be used to ignore many aspects of a parkour map. All these aspects end up coming together to breaks down the integrity of the ranking system. Which is unfortunate...

Last edited:

Dooble

Dedicated Member
QA Team
doobix
doobix
QA Team
Ratings
246 9
the best skill metric is the red checkmark signifying all maps beaten in challenge mode, where these advantages are disabled

you can still cheese them by /prac spamming through them but we dont talk about that

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
While Season 2 took substantial measures to reduce play-to-win and reward actual skill, rather than time or money spent, Manacube will likely never fully embrace skill-based rankup systems like many other parkour servers. It's just the nature of the server, and, in my opinion, a unique aspect of Manacube that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Herobrineapril

Ratings
36 11
While Season 2 took substantial measures to reduce play-to-win and reward actual skill, rather than time or money spent, Manacube will likely never fully embrace skill-based rankup systems like many other parkour servers. It's just the nature of the server, and, in my opinion, a unique aspect of Manacube that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
just because something is unique, doesn't make it a good thing