Accepted The Skeld (Among Us) - Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: Declan254
Helpers: BluePottwal, Jacobsfunparty (Jacob is an equal builder in this map)
Map Name: The Skeld (Among Us) [Note: This name can be changed to just The Skeld, or Among us depending on what works]
2020-10-04_22.29.30.png
2020-10-04_22.29.45.png
2020-10-04_22.29.57.png
2020-10-04_22.30.23.png
2020-10-04_22.30.43.png
2020-10-04_22.31.01.png

Plot Name: /plot visit Declan254 1 or /plot v Declan254 108;5
Difficulty: Insane
Number of Jumps: 123
Description: This is the first Among us Map (The Skeld). It features several rooms including Cafeteria, Weapons, Shields, Administration, Storage, Electrical, The reactors, medbay and storage. It also includes several vents and hallways. I would also like to add, if there are any minor changes that the judge would like such as CP changes, or some jump reworks, please let me know as other people are submitting this map and I don't want mine to be rejected and then not have a chance to improve the map.
Thanks for taking the time to review my parkour map. I hope you enjoy the Jumps and Quality.
Best Regards,
Declan254

Last edited:

SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
Damn, this was an idea of mine, but I am making too many maps RN!

good luck on it though man

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
This is an amazing map!

• Great build - it's very detailed and it stays true to the intended shape.
  • Awesome parkour! There's a lot of variety and interesting jumps, so good job there.
  • Theme - creative and very original!

Overall, great job and I'm crossing my fingers that this is accepted!

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
A few things after looking at the map again:
There are some bits where the checkpoints are a little too far apart. Despite some of the rooms being failsafe I would recommend putting checkpoints there because once you fail at the end of one room you have to go back 3-4 rooms. For example, I would make a checkpoint after the cobble wall/fence squeeze from the piston in the next room here.

I will also have to go through with you changing up some of the jumps because the variety just isn't there for some parts of the map. Parts of the map feel unbalanced and just too easy for an insane map. But I like that you added some cool interesting jumps from my plot!

Very Small Things:
Don't know what the intention was here but for this jump, you can get to the left side of the head without doing the neo around it.

These barriers should be moved 1 block forward away from the bed cause it just gets in the way and doesn't really add anything to the difficulty of the jump.

Also, get rid of these pistons and this piston and come up with something different cause you know how pesky these map judges get (jk) but I would just avoid using them cause your map might get rejected cause of it.

I would add a sign here telling to dropdown. Just a small confusion there.
This jump made me wanna cry.

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey Declan254, Jacob and BluePottwal,

I'm very happy to tell you that I'll be accepting your map!

The theme is somewhat original. Even though we already have an among us themed map, we don't have any among us map themed maps yet. The build is very good. There is a lot of detail to be seen in every room, which is great. It also is very accurate to the actual Skeld map, so good job on that! My only concern with the build is that it's quite plain/boring on the outside. This isn't too big of a deal as all of the parkour is inside, but next time I'd like to see some more decoration on the outside too! The parkour is very enjoyable to do, and you've used a lot of block variation. It doesn't feel like I'm just jumping over randomly placed blocks to create variety, but I can tell that you have thought about how to make enjoyable jumps, which is great! The parkour also fits the insane difficulty in both length and difficulty.

Time to be a bit pesky! I did have to get rid of the 2 piston jumps, since pistons don't work in the main world, making the jumps impossible. Changed them to this: https://prnt.sc/uuy2is

Thank you for submitting this map, I'd love to see more maps from you!
Have a great day,
Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.