tabooknot
tabooknot
ELITE
Ratings
86 3
Current trench = bad
Old trench = too good

Background + problems:
In the current state of Olympus when a player talks about trench and getting it, a multitude of people go into chat and warn them not to waste their mana, Why is this? Simply speaking trench is currently a ineffective inefficient and just a plain waste of mana. Even with trenches 70% fortune decrease it does provide a significant amount of money but that money isn't justifiable for the costs. While most players think its 600k mana for more money and is a obvious buy, it isn't. What fails to be factored in and in my mind was failed to be considered by Owners/Devs is when mining with trench you mine at a significantly slower pace than without it, Mining with trench reduces players speed by just a little less than half and takes about the average 60k blocks mined per hour down to 40k more or less depending on the miner. so instead of just gaining more money you lose potential mana and mining xp and can be considered a economic loss. Money is far less significant than mana or mining xp especially in this case when its not a giant amount of money being gained.

Solutions?
I can complain and shout my grievances all day but the fact of the matter is nothing will change unless we as a player base strongly push and advocate for it. That being said I will propose 2 ideas on how we can balance trench and make it good and worth its price without being broken. 1. make trench have a 2x mana and mining xp rate. with this it will still even out to be around the same as mining without trench as far as mana and xp but still increase the amount of money completely allowing players to justify its price and spending 600k. 2. while a bit of a more unorthodox solution a totally valid way to balance it would be return the 3x mana and mining up but raise the price insanely high. putting into perspective of divine and souls about 3 million would be a fair price for trench as a high amount of mana and xp need a high barrier of entry

Feedback?
Id like to hear other PLAYERS perspectives on the matter... am I being too dramatic? whats your opinions of current trench? hate prisons and just on forums? let me know below id love to read all you have to say. thanks for taking the time to read this and for the love of god BUFF TRENCH!

megval02

PATRON
megval02
megval02
Patron
Ratings
Going to be giving trench a mana and mining xp buff
Will it still be possible to increase the height of the mines like mentioned before so that there will be room for more trench miners then? Right now, with so many people playing, many of the mines are overcrowded even with no one using trench.

softham

PATRON
ham666
ham666
Patron
Ratings
the first options seems to be really close to an ideal solution. it keeps trench from being extremely over powered while also making it worth the high cost. the second option also seems valid just a bit more of an extreme solution.

Awpinq

Awpinq
Awpinq
Ratings
13 20
I Completely Agree With Your Statement Here, Trench For 600,000 MANA Is Just Not Worth It, It's Completely Broken. Like Admins Have Mentioned, There Are Buffs And Updates Coming, But Let's Just Hope They Can Do It Justice Because Like You Mentioned, Trench Is Currently In A Trench, Literally.