Rejected The Tidal Wave Map Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Brendanguin
The Tidal Wave
It says that the Screenshots are to big to process.
95;54
Easy
(I am very sorry I was unable to attach the images please do take this submission seriously I spent a lot of time working on it.)

Last edited:

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I would recommend that you check the theme and reading jump requirements before making a map, there is already a map that is very similar to yours, and there are too many jumps for an easy. :(

Build wise, its too wide to be accepted, and the wave was made with worldedit spheres. Typically, you shouldn't be using worldedit for the majority of the build. I do however the like feeling the coast of the map gives!

The parkour is too long, as I said above, and you did have some variation in the jumps, but a lot of the same type were grouped together which is a big no no. Additionally, the parkour is way too hard for an easy, and I do wish that you got to parkour around the wave more rather than going under it for the entire map.

Please don't let this discourage you from making maps, a lot of new people, and even experienced people use themes that have already been used.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Brendanguin,

It pains me to have to tell you that I've REJECTED your map.
  • Theme: We have a map called "Tsunami" which is incredibly similar to this one both in theme and build, which is why I think this is an unoriginal map.
  • Build: As I mentioned earlier, there is already a map with a similar theme that does this same build but better. This one just feels lackluster. It lacks proper detailing, focus, parkour integration. And, all of these things hinder its attractiveness. Furthermore, you don't even utilize the main build, the wave itself, at all. The player, for the most part, is inside this sandy dome within the wave.
  • Parkour: The PK was way too long and difficult for the easy difficulty. Not only do you have to cut back on the number of jumps, but you also have to cut back on the difficulty by a lot. There were multiple neos and double neos (even sometimes back to back), which just aren't right for a map in the easy difficulty. On another note, the variation of the parkour was also not superb. There were too many neo's, head hitters, and ladder jumps. You have to be creative and make the parkour enjoyable, not just some repetitive hard course.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.