Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey Sil!
I am here to give you my review of the map!
Firstly, I think the theme is GREAT since I don't think there are any other Lord of the Rings maps. I could always be wrong though! Good job on the theme!
I have never seen any Lord of the Rings movies (please don't kill me) so I'm not very sure about the build. Looking at google images of the black gate it seems to be quite accurate to the real thing! GREAT build.
The parkour of your map is OKAY. It is well varied, mostly fun, fits the length and has an appropriate amount of checkpoints but I think it might be a little TOO HARD for a Hard map. In my opinion anyway, I could be wrong. The parkour is overall just quite difficult, but there's a specific jump that I think should be adjusted.
2020-05-26_12.42.27.png

The map is going to be flipped to be X facing side if it gets accepted, which will make this jump harder than it is in your plot. I recommend nerfing it. The jump to the vine after it won't be the easiest thing either when the map is X facing.

There's also two skips in your map that I found that should definitely be patched. Check them out! (Red Arrow: Skip Green Arrow: Correct Path)
2020-05-26_12.48.37.png

You can run here from the start and skip all the parkour in the start. Easy to patch with barriers.
2020-05-26_12.51.41.png

Once you exit the cave you can scale the mountain to get up back on the gate. This doesn't skip much, but can be fixed by adding just one barrier.

There's also a part that I found quite uninspiring and repetitive.
2020-05-26_12.51.52.png

This room is literally just glass pane jumps. I know it's the idea of the room, but I find it boring and unfun to do. However, I don't think this is that big of a problem and it doesn't need to be fixed :)

Good luck with your submission! :D

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Thanks for your feedback y'all! Fixed:

-Some hard jumps (+Facing)
-Exploits
-Room with panes

Last edited:

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hey Sil,

I will be putting your map into Reviewing for the following reasons:
The theme is original, and the build is good, it's accurate to the theme and built nicely.
The parkour is well varied. You used a nice variety of blocks and items, creating original and enjoyable jumps.
The only issues I think that there are is I do find the map a bit confusing at points, and there are a few jumps that could be too difficult for a hard map. Feel free to message me and I will send you screenshots of specific areas that I mean.
If the jumps are a bit easier and the parkour is a bit easier to follow, I will happily consider accepting this map.
Once these changes have been made, message me in-game, on the forums or on discord (madi#5198) and I will re-test your map.

Thanks!
- Madi

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hey Sil,

Now that these changes have been made, I'm happy to tell you your map has been Accepted!
Like I previously mentioned, the theme and build are good. You also used a great variety of jumps to make the parkour interesting and enjoyable.
After changing a few jumps and making the parkour path clearer, the jumps suit the hard difficulty well.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.