First Name
Daniel

Country or Timezone
New Zealand

Discord username
DanPlayz#9261

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I believe that there is many reasons why someone may want to become staff. Some are bad such as griefing or exploiting then there is things that are good such as "I want to help people". Now this is my reason:

I love this server. I was in a not great place. I was worried about school and exams because of Covid 19. At the end of the day I would normally read a book or something alike such as a comic. I went on to my PC, typed in Minecraft Launcher. When I was at that menu to choose which server I chose ManaCube as I remembered how much fun I had about a year ago. So I launched it up and I noticed that they had finally updated it so that you can get the new Neither Items such as Ingots and Armor. I talked in chat and made a party people joined it I helped new Players and before I realized it, it was a week later and I wasn't upset anymore. My parents even noticed my change in attitude (Didn't change my play time).

What I'm trying to say In my very own lengthy way is that I want to give back to the Community that helped me so much. I simply couldn't think of anything better to do than help Moderate the server. I have often noticed in these past few weeks that when I'm online (New Zealand Time btw) there aren't many or any mods online at all. I have been told about griefing to my party's base from party members and have even been told about griefing towards in game friends. If I was staff I would be able to try stop this as well as so much more.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
This is a hard question as the last little while as gone to fast. I would have thought about a month maybe more. I did play quite a lot a year ago with my friends but the exact amount of time.....I wouldn't have a clue.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
No this is very dependent on my parents are how nice they are feeling. If is normal time allowed then it is: 1-2hours each work day and about 2 hours each day on the weekend. So - about 14 hours+

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I am a genuine nice person. I actuary asked my mum to answer this one for me because she probably knows me better than I know my self so here's the list she said.

-Resourcefulness
-Trustworthy
-Selflessness
-many many more (That's what my mum said but I'm thinking that she might have not known what to add to the list)

I am also the type of person because I want to give back to the server then If some one says "Mod or Staff" in chat I will drop Everything to see what they need and make sure there issue is resolved quickly and that it won't happen again (If possible).

Edit; Trustworthy because if u say something I will stick to that and won't break people's trust. I am also a very good team player because I like people in general. Selflessness because if someone needs help with work at school and they don't understand then I will help them do it even if I don't hand my homework in on time. Resourcefulness, I think out side of the box to get things done. Such as if I try to do a puzzle and fail then I will just rewrite the puzzle so that it's in my favour. I did this on a survival server once where I tricked a hacker into fighting me and I was going to kill him and he flicked on hacks and I caught it on video.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
My friends LOVE minecraft and so do I! We have played on multiple survival servers that we created. Even though I was not the owner I was always the Admin / Mod and no one else was based on what my friends called "Trustworthiness". Mainly they thought that I wouldn't abuse my power as the sole Server Admin. Not once to my recollection did I abuse my Moderator Powers.

Edit; My friends always wanted the server to be public and a big community such ManaCube so they never white listed (server has since shut down). People joined and hacked and x-rays but I caught and banner them all. Such as watching an x-rayer for 45 minutes to get enough evidence to prove there hacking. Btw me and my Mum both agreed these are quality's I have.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
- I'm trustworthy, If something needs to be keep a secret then it will stay that way. I have never told someone else someone's secret unless it was more unhealthy for them if no body found out.
- Thoughtful, I will be infinitely fair. If someone thinks that something is really unfair and that something is wrong the I will understand what they feel and defend there opinion to a certain extent. Only if them saying "It's not fair" is actually valid.
- When people have gone "Mod" when mods aren't online then I come and help them. If I was a Helper or Mod then that would make it that much easier for me to help them.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
To go out play the game normally, be a good person try resolve problems. Just instead of helping people out but being limited to what a normal player you can do the things that you might need to such as ban someone griefing or help someone that's been scammed by taking items out of peoples inventory's (Video Evidence would be needed for /invsee powers)

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes - Every computer has 'Windows - G". Opens game bar very quickly and has record option. Best option if you want to capture something quickly.

Edit; When I say every computer I meant every 'Windows" computer.

Anything else we should know?
If this is excepted then, I will do everything I can do to become a good trusted mod. That is known to help people when help is needed.

Ps; Hope this wasn't too long.

Edit; I have kind of come back but I'm not sure but I have been here for Like 3+ weeks I think. I did play a year ago though for a couple of weeks. I have played on ManaCube for something like 36hours. Even though answering Blurpy, I may have "Come Back" but I think that should not influence anyone's decision. I have played on Minecraft Servers Like this one, Public and Private for over 750hours. I have knowledge, I know commands. So I may have come back reasonably recently I still know lots of things , even more than some people who have been in ManaCube for 150hours. I pick up ManaCube commands instantly and don't forget them.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

Last edited:

BigFloppa96

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
VIP
BigFloppa96
BigFloppa96
ELITE
Ratings
+1

Dan is very willing to help, kind and really fast to respond, I noticed that he likes to help new players who because of his willingness like to stay on this server. For example, I am one of those who dan helped a lot and I absolutely recommend him and know from experience that he is very suitable to be one of the staff members.

Blurpyfied

ELITE
MVP+
VIP
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
704 327
Hey Dan, I'm not really a survival player, I main parkour.

I know you asked your mom the question about it, in "What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?" You should go more in depth as to why your mom or you (personally you should be answering that, not your mom IMO) thinks you/yourself are what you named in the list.

I'm going to say a few other things aswell.

"Are you able to use recording software?"
Yes - Every computer has 'Windows - G". Opens game bar very quickly and has record option. Best option if you want to capture something quickly. "

- For this question and answer I would like to point out to you that not everyone has access to a windows computer, or they simply like Mac/Linux over it. I recommend using OBS Studio for recording as it tend's to be easier IMO to get to since you can create a dedicated folder for recordings (I have mine set into my minecraft folder, so if I need an ss and screenshot at the same time, I can just go in one folder.

IMO you should put some more reason into the "What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?" , like putting in what you did as a staff member on your friends/ other server's that you were staff. IMO you didn't give much of an experience like what was it like?, what did you do? If you were to put some more depth to that, I really think you could have a chance.

If you put more depth into what I said above, I'll change my -0.5 to a +1.

You meet the requirements, I just feel this application could have more of a reason. This application is based on YOU, remember, don't doubt yourself, you could possibly get it, but since it feels like you recently came back, I honestly think you should wait a little longer. I just don't think you're quite ready as this app makes it sound like you've gotten back into the game recently (correct me if I'm wrong please) and really think that you have a chance if you do what I said above.

TheRealDanPLayz

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
VIP
TheRealDanPlayz
TheRealDanPlayz
ELITE
Ratings
7 1
Hey Dan, I'm not really a survival player, I main parkour.

I know you asked your mom the question about it, in "What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?" You should go more in depth as to why your mom or you (personally you should be answering that, not your mom IMO) thinks you/yourself are what you named in the list.

I'm going to say a few other things aswell.

"Are you able to use recording software?"
Yes - Every computer has 'Windows - G". Opens game bar very quickly and has record option. Best option if you want to capture something quickly. "

- For this question and answer I would like to point out to you that not everyone has access to a windows computer, or they simply like Mac/Linux over it. I recommend using OBS Studio for recording as it tend's to be easier IMO to get to since you can create a dedicated folder for recordings (I have mine set into my minecraft folder, so if I need an ss and screenshot at the same time, I can just go in one folder.

IMO you should put some more reason into the "What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?" , like putting in what you did as a staff member on your friends/ other server's that you were staff. IMO you didn't give much of an experience like what was it like?, what did you do? If you were to put some more depth to that, I really think you could have a chance.

If you put more depth into what I said above, I'll change my -0.5 to a +1.

You meet the requirements, I just feel this application could have more of a reason. This application is based on YOU, remember, don't doubt yourself, you could possibly get it, but since it feels like you recently came back, I honestly think you should wait a little longer. I just don't think you're quite ready as this app makes it sound like you've gotten back into the game recently (correct me if I'm wrong please) and really think that you have a chance if you do what I said above.
I have done as you suggested, The play time is not an issue I have easily player over 750 hours on severs just like this with the same'ish player base and same commands.

turt7

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
VIP
turt7
turt7
ELITE
Ratings
58 1
+1 dan is super nice and would be an amazing addition to the staff team<3!