Things To Improve (In my perspective)

Ratings
9 2
More selfish requests... :p

As your probably aware I like using my bows over swords, for a variety of reasons, mainly the emphasis on a bow only being useful if you can manage to hit your opponent, and therefore skill garunteeing victory so long as you choose the right location. But I've found that it takes too much durability from my good bows to be worthwhile.

The numbers behind why bows are not effective as of now...
As it is, with a power 4 bow, it is the second strongest bow in Minecraft, only 5 damage weaker than a power 5 bow, yet only power 5 cannot even three hit kit fight. I've enchanted 4 bows at lvl 30 and have yet to get power 4 and flame at the same time, and as the anvils at spawn cannot be used by players without building rights at spawn, I have to get it from a single enchantment. The odds of this are 37.5% so I'm just misfortunate in that aspect, but ONLY people with build rights at spawn can get power 5, keep this in mind.
As I hit targets from 120 blocks away in most cases, the flight time per shot is ~2.8 seconds, I watch for a moment, taking note of direction, and getting a feel of how my arrow's shot will land within its conicular 13.75% spread, which without any compensative measures taken into account, means a 8.9 x 9.6 block area is were my arrow will hit, and I must make sure a moving target lands at a randomly chosen 1 x 1 x 2 portion of this rectangle, 2.8 seconds after I take my shot. I also must be aware that as a sniper, only my first shot has the, for lack of a better term, "Element of Suprise", and my second shot may too have that, assuming they are not overly faith at I on a lot aware. Though uncommon, the third hit may be apon an unsuspecting target, and extremely rarely will I have the opportunity to fire a fourth shot before I have to change positions on the map entirely. As a result, with even the best bow I can legitamently obtain, it takes all four shots to kill a kit fight user. As I said landing four hits before being spotted takes an insanely inexperienced target, and extreme amounts of luck, as there is a 70% chance of me missing the shot entirely, which tells them the direction the shot came from, and immediately blows my cover. As it is now, even with my absurd, and unexplainable ability to be able to consistently predict the randomly generated path of the arrow, and landing all four hits, killing my initial target, and wounding a second target before having to change positions to avoid being surrounded, I still can't kill a team of 2 or more players as the second player is likely to see my second shot.

My selfish solution to the pointlessness of sniping...
There are plugins that can detect were the arrow hit the target and return a digital broadcast similar to that of a crit from a sword. You could use a similar plugin to cause being shot in the eyes to give blindness, to be shot in the head to cause a critical hit damage, which does a portion of bonus unlockable damage, potentially allowing power 4 to one shot players in kit fight with a headshot, legs to cause slowness, and stronger slowness from the kneecaps, rending them susceptible to a headshot in their weakened state, weakness from being shot in the arm, and reducing the durability of armor by hitting it in its weak spots, I.E. the point on a chestplate wear the shoulder plates are joined to the breastplate and back plate, and even causing the target to drop their weapon if they are shot in the hand... And seeing as your face, and neck, and arms are exposed, even when fully equipped with armor, hitting the unprotected areas could bypass the armor ratings altogether? I'd enjoy the one shorting everyone from just outside their render distance.... But I think this raw, in balanced version of my idea would only benefit me, as I'm the only long range sniper I know of on minevast... Just some ideas, though I'd love to see them implemented :-D

Edit: The anvils at spawn do work, but unfortunately it isn't reliable, I combined 3 bows, and once I noticed my exp was gone, but the combinations were reverted, I relogged only to find that 2 of the three combinations went through, gf 11 more levels to this bug... And I had baselessly assume it was a build rights problem, but instead there is something else wrong causing anvils not to work 100% of the time, please investigate... And as a human being I still want the advanced hit detection plugin so that way I can 1 hit people in kit fight, and 10 hit players in p4 diamond... Assuming they are all headshots with a single legshot to start the battle to prevent escape and make the other 9 hits more likely to land.... But as the impartial, distanced voice of equality I pretend to be, I think headshots need to deal crirt damage, and that the other critical types should have a % activation chance based on the distance the further the shot, the higher the chance, as most people cannot hit their targets from 30 meters if they are moving back and forth... And also scaled down for the over powered effects, but the blindness from a <<Bullseye>> should be 100%, after all, your hitting a 2 x 1 pixel target from at minimum 6 blocks away, at maximum 200 blocks away, that should be worth attempting... As for legs, perhaps 30% chance? After all, ~70% of legs are fat and marrow storages, or bones if you call them that, and only a few places, such as main arteries and the tensions in your kneecaps, would cause terminal damage to the limbs... And the arm shot should only be 20% max, after all, the only crucial areas are once again main arteries on the inside of your elbow, the tensions in your elbow itself, and your should... The rest is muscle, and in some cases fat storages, as in non essential for limb functionality tissue.. :p

Last edited:

Itchin(Qhysics)

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
281 37
Well, You should have read Jns lastest post saying that most people are not going to read your post because it is time consuming. So it would be more helpful to the people in the forums that you don't just leave rants about stuff and they have no idea what to say about what you wrote because no one really wants to take the time to read what you wrote.

mckeeni

Donator
Ratings
48 2
What Jns and Zero said. I've read almost every post on the forums. Why almost? Your posts. I see them, and I just skip them. It's like youtube videos, you see a 5-10 minute video and you watch it. But you see and hour video, and you're like screw this. I see multiple sentences seperated and possibly a lot of words seperated, and I read it. I see 1 or 2 paragraphs with a hundred plus words, and I don't read. Just a heads up, most attention will be given for shorter paragraphs. We're okay with 5-10 paragraphs, you're not limited to your paragraphs. Happy writing!

Dynsalir

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
Ratings
509 22
it would really help if you divided things into paragraphs to separate the similar ideas and points you're trying to make.
Just a tip; You don't have to do it, but if you did I would probably read your posts lol :hat:
Actually Jns said that IF he divided his posts into sections and paragraphs inside of having it one long continuous paragraph that he'd be more inclined to read his posts, it had nothing to with the length of the post but how it was structured.

Jack

Dedicated Member
Retired
Ratings
178 3
Yes they're much better now, but still very TL;DR
I see you have a lot of facts and numbers, maybe if you just simplified things into one liners, rather than explaining them prosaically.

Ex.
Diamond Prot I - 83%
Diamond Prot IV - 97%

Or whatever the data is that you're trying to explain.
Images/graphs/charts are always good too.

I can't really be bothered to understand these charts, they are just examples.

And don't forget to cite your sources.
Especially things like "my arrow's shot will land within its conicular 13.75% spread" (conical?)
Whereas I could not find any official data, let alone any data, for arrow spread - which I would assume would be in degrees?
If you are shooting from 120 blocks away, as you said, then a 13.75% spread would be 16.5 block spread?

:hat:

Last edited:

Dwiniveer

The Moderator
Ratings
29 7
@oberus123 You have many good points and a lot of numbers that make my head hurt when it comes down to it all though skill and tactics will almost always win I've taken down many Sponsors who are just normal players who like to support the community but other point I would like to make is towards the donors who donate not to support the community but to gain an advantage and then they abuse it and cause things to be taken from all the donors what makes me the most upset is that there are donors that will pay about $10.00 or $20.00 for a rank and then hack so there just buying advantages and then hacking cause they have no skill this makes me mad cause they think that cause there a donator that they can't get ban and to this I say no you will be ban if you hack even if your a donor. donors won't get over looked when we watch for hackers. now that is my sad little point I like the idea for the bounty hunter system but it could be come very complicated and cause more lag for the server but we shall have to see in the future.

Ratings
9 2
A: I structured my posts as requested, yet it seems they are still too long and are causing our ever vigalent moderators headaches.... Duely noted.

B: I'm sorry about the typos, I try checking for them, but autocorrect is frankly something that should be toggleable.

C: i specifically labeled the question able portion of my post as "more selfish requests" due to the fact that, of the people on the server,at the time I posted it, I spent the most time kill-stealing with my bow. Now this doesn't work, because about half of the map has been redesigned to no longer have choke points nor does it have vantage points from which to snipe those hot spots. My point was archery is dying, and I gave you the unreasonable extreme solution, that would cause the bow to dwarf any grade of enchanted sword.

D: The 13.75% spread is just a part of an convoluted formula that roughly equates to arrows drifting 1 pixel away from the target every 7 and one quarters blocks. I don't know the original formula, and I'm not sure if it even exists as I've stated. But what I do know is when aiming at targets 100 blocks away, you have a ~28 pixel spread centered around your cursor. If I'm wrong in any way, please tell me! I'd rather know my numbers were slightly off than keep using faulty data.

E: if skill and tactics truly could beat numbers and donator kits, then please tell me the skills I have greatly fallen short in?

Long range archery: exceptional
Melee hit ratio: above average
Parkour: slightly above average
Popularity with ranks admin+ : Lacking
Team size: 1 out of 1

Seriously, if you tell me, I'll practice and get back to you. I'm all ears on the elusive cure for my spontaneous death syndrome :p

Jack

Dedicated Member
Retired
Ratings
178 3
B: I'm sorry about the typos, I try checking for them, but autocorrect is frankly something that should be toggleable.

D: The 13.75% spread is just a part of an convoluted formula that roughly equates to arrows drifting 1 pixel away from the target every 7 and one quarters blocks. I don't know the original formula, and I'm not sure if it even exists as I've stated. But what I do know is when aiming at targets 100 blocks away, you have a ~28 pixel spread centered around your cursor. If I'm wrong in any way, please tell me! I'd rather know my numbers were slightly off than keep using faulty data.
Some browsers have the autocorrect built in.

And about the spread:
There are many different types of screens, all with different resolutions and pixel densities.
So I don't really understand how you could measure that sort of spread using pixels, because if my screen has a higher PPI than you, then that means I would have less spread?

Ratings
9 2
Pixels on the BLOCK dude. 16x16 pixels so pixel I was referring to is 1\16th a block... You do play Minecraft, right?

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
Pixels on the BLOCK dude. 16x16 pixels so pixel I was referring to is 1\16th a block... You do play Minecraft, right?
If Jns didn't play minecraft, he wouldn't be Co-Owner of this server, right? :p