Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey f1nd1ay,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: You didn't really pick out a theme for your map/none is really portrayed through it given what was built. I recommend that in the future when you submit maps that you pick out a valid theme first and then work from there. If you need help or have to double-check that your theme hasn't been taken, utilize this guide/list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ceq24iMH_3Ax3revUO3yzO0a6YkCEDuMWxCbIj6Mg2Q/edit#gid=0 .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build was executed very well. The issue is that there is no build. It's all parkour. It's your first map, so errors are bound to happen, it's okay. You must never forget the build when making maps on our server, it is one of the three important things that we look for. First, choose an original theme. Second, create a central build that portrays that theme. Third, create parkour and integrate it into your build (it can't just be floating parkour). If you haven't, please look at this thread that talks about map submissions: https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ .
  • Parkour: If you were not aware, each one of our map difficulty's have a certain jump range and level of difficulty that they must meet. This one has parkour that is as difficult as a medium or an easy hard but it was way way too long. You want around 40-60 jumps for a medium and 60-80 jumps for a hard. This map has roughly 100 jumps. It does not fit either of the two. Please, choose a difficulty beforehand and mold your parkour to it. Furthermore, there was another major issue with the parkour: variety. The parkour was composed mostly of repeated stone/glass block jumps that differed slightly. You need to be more creative! Use a bunch of different jumps/blocks, spice things up!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.