This skyblock is kinda bad...

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
Now before you get to far thinking this is a rant, its not. I'm just someone who has played skyblock at the bare minimum and enjoyed it immensely. I'm someone who enjoys the grind and need to have an upkeep of an entire island.

I'll list my issues and why i think its an awful thing to have on skyblock.

I guess I'll start with the main issue:

The Iron Golem spawner. Now the issue with this is, you shouldn't be able to get one of these and be pretty much set. What I mean by this is, you can afk farm them for their iron and sell it for buku money. Or, the most absurd part, you can let them stack up and wait for the server to reset(as they count as "naturally" spawned) then farm them for Swords, Axes, Archery, Taming Mcmmo levels in no time at all. Being able to hit 1 thousand Swords level in 30 minutes is honestly just ridiculous. I'm sure there are more ways to farm a stack of 1 million IG's for more Mcmmo stats.

The Second issue is:

1 chunk loaded at a time. The issue here is, it eliminates any kind of farm from skyblock outside of the chunk you are in. Now i do understand it's probably for lag purposes. But maybe if there wasn't 1 billion spawners on the server being afk'd, there just might be less lag. Whatever happen to building and entire layer of sugarcane/melon/pumpkin farms? And whatever crap someone said about this causing lag is crazy, as i do remember Dacon being able to tune down the growth rate of cactus in Skyblock 2.0.

The Next issue is:

The Ore gen plugin. This plugin is amazing, no lies. But when it leads players to be able to create 350 block long gens, that activate ~4000 pistons every second or so. I think it's a tad ridiculous. AND the fact that ores pushed by pistons STILL count towards MCMMO experience. That is the most absurd, without a doubt.

I had a few more, but as i was typing this, they slipped my mind :p

All in all, i just need to ask. Where is the fun? Skyblock use to be such a great thing back in the day. But now its just come down to sittin in 1 chunk and afk'ing for months. That's no fun.

The players here are great, the server is still great. But the skyblock is just not enjoyable.

On the upside, i will admit some of the stuff added is cool, like the custom enchants. Glad to see Dacon finally got around to that. *cough*

I'm not looking for hate, or negative responses. But maybe the next skyblock reset, we make it a throwback and show these new kids what its all about to actually play :)

EDIT: the 400x400 option. Like people wonder why the server has lag spikes, umm idk. ask the people with super huge ore gens LEL. Seen a dual one yesterday, thats about 8k pistons going when it turns on.

Last edited:

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
The Ore gen plugin. This plugin is amazing, no lies. But when it leads players to be able to create 350 block long gens, that activate ~4000 pistons every second or so. I think it's a tad ridiculous. AND the fact that ores pushed by pistons STILL count towards MCMMO experience. That is the most absurd, without a doubt.
school this kid @AkSpeed

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
@AdamP2 What could he possibly say that would "school" me?

Literally nothing. Because he knows the fact that he has 9k+ mining level is absurd, he even said mcmmo could be removed altogether and it wouldn't bother him at all. He KNOWS the stuff I listed is out of control and needs fixed, because he has exploited them all to the highest degree.

And as for the term "kid", one of many things that I am not.

Last edited:

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
I was very clearly joking. Those of us who know Ak know how much he loves his big ore gens and how much time he spends on them, I was just making a stupid little joke about it. No need to get your panties in a jumble over a small and insignificant post on a forum. Also, I know what Ak thinks about this kind of stuff. I may not have been a part of the community for very long but I have been around for long enough to know what Ak thinks, and to an extent I agree with it.

In case I needed to clarify this too (Pretty sure I do since you don't seem to grab the concept of humor too well), I wasn't actually calling you a kid. It was a part of the joke. In the future, I'll be sure to stay away from this topic since it seems like a pretty touchy one for you.

Do yourself a favor and take a chill pill. The world isn't out to get you ;)

Last edited:

Scuzz

MVP
Quawk
Quawk
MVP
Ratings
98 3
I mostly agree with this thread, in my opinion, custom enchants are a problem like the others, they aren't balanced at all, all you need is a god set and gapples (which people carry stacks of when they PVP) and you're pretty much immortal. I'd love to have a skyblock where it was still possible to die in the void and to have a survival feeling when playing but everyone wants something easy.

Ratings
I feel like the main problem of the server is that there isn't much to do except get more money on the server. It feels like a complex version of cookie clicker sometimes..

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
@Scuzz I do see where that would be an issue. Maybe if the custom enchants didn't have a PVP side to them, they might be better.
@LightCyan Yeah, it just seems its a fight to see who can afk the most farms tbh

GoldenGaming

Dedicated Member
Ratings
136 2
Now, speaking as a player that hasn't played Skyblock too much after the reset. However, I played a lot before the reset (200+ hours). I can see where you're coming from. Obtaining ig's was the goal during the time I played and grinding mcmmo wasn't too common. However, I think having some fun plugin that could activate itself once a week and would give all players a handicap. As in (Iron golems don't drop iron. Only poppys, mcmmo can't be earned at all for the day, or the afk command is removed for the day. These handicaps would happen once a week. Say Friday, and it would make Skyblock less grindy and more interesting/appealing to others.

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
@GoldenGaming thats just one day a week people dont have to play lol all that would do is give them time to go do something else becuase 90% of them wont be online if AFK is taken away.

sparkypi

MVP+
sparkypi
sparkypi
MVP+
Ratings
I don't think the problem is the plugins, per se, but how people use them. This has a lot to do with money, actually. On other servers I've been on they had similar or slightly less advanced plugins, but the people on that server were more fun and communal with their supplies. On that server it wasn't a waste of time to build a shop that gets a $35 profit from a stack of iron, rather than a 25% profit shop. The only problem this server has is that it's too easy to get money. If we earned only 1/10 the money from things, but everything still cost the same, then there would be more of a reason to make your island a shop, or to save up a ton to finally get an ig, or to actually use the "bid" option in the auction house rather than just selling things. It would be more challenging to buy simple things like a stack of oak logs, and thus more fun to be on the server.

Ratings
8 2
I'd like to make a comment on the super long ore gens.

Ak was ofc one of the main pioneers of this, but you don't see any gens longer than 100 really any more that fire the pistons off the main clock. If you have a small gen, there are also easy fixes using 1.8 block detector redstone mech to update piston walls. If you don't like that (which I personally don't because it requires you to mine every single block, so you can't just randomly destroy stuff (something I occaisionally do) you can opt to use the solution that I've been applying on the most recent 5 or so builds, in which the player simply just wires up 2 seperate clocks. The math is fairly simple and it's an effective solution. Chewy's 400 long gen that I built him has a lot of pistons, but if you are investing enough time into making a 400 long gen, you with *generally* (hehe) not take any shortcuts.

Btw, big gens are very useful if you've got a blast/haste leg pick and turn on your speed. It's annoying to have to stop every 2 mins to wait 5 for a gen to refill.

I agree that skyblock may have a bit of an overinflation problem, with the season only being around for like 2 months, but I disagree that big gens are useless and there are some inconsistencies in your argument.

Ratings
2 1
Ok so as I was reading this (this is Game_Cloud_1_1) I realized if you don't like these commands then why play the game? There are lots and lots of other skyblocks but yet instead you have to make comments about this one (my favorite)

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
Ok so as I was reading this (this is Game_Cloud_1_1) I realized if you don't like these commands then why play the game? There are lots and lots of other skyblocks but yet instead you have to make comments about this one (my favorite)
Little late on the reply there bud lol i adopted the saying "if you cant beat em, join em".