Octaviene

VIP
Octaviene
Octaviene
VIP
Ratings
32 5
Fishing is currently not viable.

Aside from the fact that luck of the sea is practically useless due to the unique fishing plugins, it is very difficult to make money off of fishing. It takes almost 20 minutes to net a full inventory of fish which sells for hardly 2-3k, along with a few measly orbs of exp.

The one item which makes fishing a worthwhile option doesn’t even work properly (Legendary Blue Shark).

Thoughts:

I think fishing needs to be completely overhauled. Fishes should be selling for 5x - 10x their current price so as to make fishing an actual risk worthy activity.

Ratings
7 5
Fishing is not worth it at the current state it is at, especially when you actually do fish a full inventory and somebody kills you totally not worth the risk.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
The fishing is so unrealistic. Like, how the heck can I catch both freshwater AND saltwater fish in the SAME pond????
I never have to use any bait? what? no! and if you say it's cause it's a lure, NO! It's not, you can tell since you DONT REEL IT IN!!
Not to mention that you can catch shark/tuna/WHALES, crabs and shirmp on the same rod?!?! NO! You can't catch shrimp on a rod unless you snag them! in which case, they'd die before you get to sell them to the penguin. smh
Why don't I reel it in? I just flick it into my backpack? so it's still living, scales and all, flopping around, bleeding?
How do I keep 30 fish in my hot backpack with no ice and then sell it?
How do I catch deep water fish from shore?
How do I catch whales with my 14' bait caster??? I customize my rod btw, it's SO nice ;D
You can't eat a whole blue shark, or tuna, or most of the fish you catch! It's just simply too much food for one person!
There's no limit to fish to stop overfishing?
I don't need a license?
Why is there no boat I can use to be commercial?
Why can't I catch the crustaceans?

So freaking unrealistic. ugh!!
I'd like to speak to the manager

Conver

Ratings
75 25
The fishing is so unrealistic. Like, how the heck can I catch both freshwater AND saltwater fish in the SAME pond????
I never have to use any bait? what? no! and if you say it's cause it's a lure, NO! It's not, you can tell since you DONT REEL IT IN!!
Not to mention that you can catch shark/tuna/WHALES, crabs and shirmp on the same rod?!?! NO! You can't catch shrimp on a rod unless you snag them! in which case, they'd die before you get to sell them to the penguin. smh
Why don't I reel it in? I just flick it into my backpack? so it's still living, scales and all, flopping around, bleeding?
How do I catch whales with my 14' bait caster??? I customize my rod btw, it's SO nice ;D
You can't eat a whole blue shark, or tuna, or most of the fish you catch! It's just simply too much food for one person!
I don't need a license?

Uh, not sure if you're noticed, but Minecraft isn't the most realistic game. I hope this post was meant as a joke

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Uh, not sure if you're noticed, but Minecraft isn't the most realistic game. I hope this post was meant as a joke
This is very serious!
I can not support any organization that is comfortable with the mass speciesist genocide of marine aquatic life. The improper handling and moderation of fishing resources has MASSIVE impacts on every part of all life, including your life. Every ecosystem we know of will fail without the stable life and diversity in marine species.
It is important, that we as citizens of Manacube, step up to take charge of and fix what is wrong.

With a more stable marine ecosystem, there will be greatly improved benefits for the community: more sharks, more tuna, more whales. Fishing will become a more viable way of sustaining the expensive lifestyle that is so common on kitpvp. Not to mention that the reduction in the cost of fish will reduce the number of cows slaughtered to feed you the steak you swallow whole every life. Fewer cows will mean less methane gas released into the atmosphere, and methane is 21 times more potent as a greenhouse gas than CO2 which we know to cause a profusion of problems globally.
Please join sides and support the fixing of fishing on Manacube kitpvp.

RedHoodieOn

Ratings
9 19
if you make 2k an hour then you can make around 56k a week if you devote your time to fishing. If you can get a gset every week from easy work, then that seems like a pretty good deal to me. Also, like zHappa said, minecraft is unrealistic. If you don't like that you can catch a salmon and a shark in the same pond, go play GTA or something.

RedHoodieOn

Ratings
9 19
if you make 2k an hour then you can make around 56k a week if you devote your time to fishing. If you can get a gset every week from easy work, then that seems like a pretty good deal to me. Also, like zHappa said, minecraft is unrealistic. If you don't like that you can catch a salmon and a shark in the same pond, go play GTA or something.
especially if you are bad at pvp but like to kill people.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
uhm... sir, salmon are anadromous.... why wouldn't I be able to catch a shark and a salmon in the same body of water?

RedHoodieOn

Ratings
9 19
I don't need a license?

last thing, you can buy a boat from the bone dealer

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47

Conver

Ratings
75 25
20 kills, which takes about 5 minutes for a kit fight on average, will make you more than 1 hour of fishing does