4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Hello! So for the longest time I've wanted to start some kind of creative singleplayer build. It would be in a world that I would just work on from time to time, one that would take a long time to complete (maybe 5 or 6 months if I work on it 30-45 minutes a day). This is the first time I've done something like this so to be honest I don't really know where to start.

For those that have maybe done giant builds in the past how do you come up with what to build and map out what you're building? Where do you get inspiration or start building? Do you just start building or do you draw out/sketch out what you're gonna do before you start? Like I said I have a lot of questions, so if you have any tips or suggestions let me know by replying here!

On another note I want to complete this build with no worldedit, voxelsniper, etc, so everything would have to be done by hand.

Please let me know by replying to this thread any tips you have before I start!
4thForce

Ratings
I usually start with a base idea or concept such as "candyland" or "gigantic volcanic hole" then I usually let the idea bounce around my head for a while until I've come up with a solid base. I then sketch it out like the picture I've added below.

As for inspiration for designs, houses and the likes I usually search around on pinterest or I watch some Youtube timelapses of the specific built/idea I'm going for.

Most of it is pretty vague though and I come up with a lot of it along the way, see whatever fits best. It's mostly just a ton of improvising tbh.

But gl on your project! I'm looking forward to checking it out! :D

wkkwk.png

Dnho

Ratings
38 2
Ik I'm late but usually I just memorize what I want here and there, It lets me choose how big I want something in case I want to make it bigger in the long run. Maybe that's why I have a B lol