Tips for a New Skyblock player?

TrueEnigma

Ratings
36 1
I primarily play islands is it pretty much the same? Getting established and making money and all that? What makes Skyblock different minus the obvious. How often do those seasons restart?

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
I'm not really sure about skyblock seasons but I think most last 9-12 months. (My experience from other servers)

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
They usually last 9-12 months as Anxi stated. Skyblock and Islands are incredibly similar, there aren't many differences at all from what I have noticed. I guess it comes down to if you'd rather play on an island with water being poisonous or on skyblock where falling into the void will poison you. If you ever get around to playing skyblock let me know and I'll happily help you out!

TrueEnigma

Ratings
36 1
They usually last 9-12 months as Anxi stated. Skyblock and Islands are incredibly similar, there aren't many differences at all from what I have noticed. I guess it comes down to if you'd rather play on an island with water being poisonous or on skyblock where falling into the void will poison you. If you ever get around to playing skyblock let me know and I'll happily help you out!

Will do and THank you both for the input, I like Islands more in the sense if I fall off I can get back up quickly instead of dealing with the falling time lol

menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
I primarily play islands is it pretty much the same? Getting established and making money and all that? What makes Skyblock different minus the obvious. How often do those seasons restart?
Hello!

There are a decent amount of differences to skyblock, for example, I'm not sure that Islands has a set up for ancient trials like Skyblock does. There are also top competitions, such as the top island, the top balanced players, etc. and being in the top 3 at a certain time will allow you to earn actual money (Cubits or Paypal $)

There is also the floating islands compared to the water that poisons you. Personally, I prefer skyblock solely because the water on Islands can make it very very frustrating when it comes to making farms for certain things, such as cacti farms and mob farms, etc.

There are also different kits, some different rewards, different gifts, different things within the seasonal crates, etc.

Regarding tips, I think your best way to start out is with a team. If there are new players who are looking for an island, offer them to join yours. Start by making an island, expand upon it and make a cactus farm to start your way to earning money. It's also a good idea to redeem keys, e.g. your monthly keys if you are a donor, or buy keys from the store, etc. as the crates are sure-fire ways to earn money to get you set up.

Alternatively, you can also focus on getting mob spawners to make profits from selling food and drops as well, but the more expensive the drops, the more expensive the spawners. Iron golems are the most frustrating, but most profitable of all the spawners. I suggest working towards those, since they're going to do you the most possible good in terms of money.

And as for things you can do, there are quests, trials, you can help players out with working on things, you can expand your island, work on getting custom enchants, work on making mob grinders to earn experience for said custom enchants, there are also /jobs which are a really helpful way to get you started with money. I personally think farmer is the absolute easiest job, along with fisher, and somewhat hunter. I used to be a level 50 hunter before I gave up on skyblock, you know?

In general, I think skyblock is a very fun server to turn to in terms of receiving some fun, and the community, while it has it's ups and downs, is generally pretty friendly especially the further into the season it goes.

As was stated above, seasons last about 8-12 months, depending on the progress. Season 7 was really wonked up, to be informal. I'm surprised they didn't reset it earlier, but it's honestly fair that they didn't. It just built up hype and earned a lot more opportunity for the server, and the bugs that they were able to fix!

Sorry to go on such a rant, but I hope this helps you get some insight into the server, and I, again, apologize for this response being rather late, but it's better later than never, right? Have fun, and enjoy your time on Skyblock!