woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
I think Titan rank should be below God because in greek mythology titans are weaker than gods because they are slower and they size is a huge disadvantage ,they are faster than humans but slower than gods ,but demi-gods are a little weaker than titans .
As we know from some movies and greek books there were lots of titans vs a number of gods and the titans army lost to some gods .

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The titans are the parents of certain gods and the older siblings of others. They're older than the gods and stronger. They were only defeated because of Zeus's cunning- the titans were never defeated by the gods in a physical battle.

I'm curious what source you're getting this information from. Are you citing the actual mythology, or are you thinking of Attack on Titan, or Percy Jackson?

Anyway, I think titan being above god makes lots of sense.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
You say that "a lot of titans lost to some gods". This simply isn't true. The gods weren't capable of defeating the titans alone; they were only able to with help from the Cyclopses and the primordial giants.

It's also worth mentioning that there was a prophecy that Rhea and Chronos were doomed to be overthrown by their children. So they were hardly defeated by the gods - the gods were destined to win before they were even born.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
You say that "a lot of titans lost to some gods". This simply isn't true. The gods weren't capable of defeating the titans alone; they were only able to with help from the Cyclopses and the primordial giants.

It's also worth mentioning that there was a prophecy that Rhea and Chronos were doomed to be overthrown by their children. So they were hardly defeated by the gods - the gods were destined to win before they were even born.
Titans are an older generation of gods and these are specified by being weaker than the new generation of gods.
As you said the gods were destined to win.
I want to say something about demi-gods too.
Demi-god is some made by a god and a human or you can be a human and become a demi-god yourself by being chosen to be one and after you can become a god.
The most powerful god is Zeus.
The fastest god is Hermes.
And more and more...
The point is the titans are the fathers and mothers of the gods themselves. And titans were destined to be defeated even Kronos checked after their born if they were a titan or a god.
Gods were helped by cyclopses and giants that true but you didn't specify that their souls were absorbed so Hades became stronger.
Only gods to match Hades's strength were Zeus and Poseidon.
And the cyclopses and giants sided with titans they didn't side with gods. Hades absorbed their souls with the help of Poseidon and Zeus struck a lightning and he used the blade of Olympus to unleash the great power so Zeus could ban the Titans to Tartarus.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It's cool that you like mythology as much as I do! I'm just not sure how much is actual mythology and how much is movie/ book adaptation.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Fun fact: In season one of Olympus, God was actually higher than Titan rank, but due to a mass of people saying it was historically inaccurate, it was swapped around - so, it’s quite ironic to see this thread now, haha.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
Fun fact: In season one of Olympus, God was actually higher than Titan rank, but due to a mass of people saying it was historically inaccurate, it was swapped around - so, it’s quite ironic to see this thread now, haha.
Yeah, true but they probably reffered as how titans were older than gods.
And as we know or as I know titans are an older generation of gods.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
It's cool that you like mythology as much as I do! I'm just not sure how much is actual mythology and how much is movie/ book adaptation.
Can't say I like mythology too much but since I've played god of war I began to be a little interested in gods and titans.

Last edited:

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
Now I've seen through forum and what can I say interesting.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
I'm not a huge mythology buff so I could be mistaken, but by themselves, the Titans are stronger than the Gods. However, after the Cyclopses gave the Gods their weapons (such as Zeus' thunderbolts), the Gods became stronger than the Titans (and were able to defeat them with the help of Giants and, as mentioned, the Cyclopses).

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
This is a fun debate topic, really.... but in all honesty, I don't think it'll be changed. And hallow is right, in season one it was Titan then God.
At this point, I cannot provide my own thoughts because I only read TWO of the Percy Jackson books and a few other Rick Riordan books.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
This is a fun debate topic, really.... but in all honesty, I don't think it'll be changed. And hallow is right, in season one it was Titan then God.
At this point, I cannot provide my own thoughts because I only read TWO of the Percy Jackson books and a few other Rick Riordan books.
Whilst I liked Percy Jackson its not really a accurate reflection of Greek Mythology. However it was a fun introduction to it as a child.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Whilst I liked Percy Jackson its not really a accurate reflection of Greek Mythology. However it was a fun introduction to it as a child.
At some point I was thinking to myself "I want to learn more about Greek Mythology..." I still have yet so much to learn. I don't know, I think it's cool, but I have a lot of other stuff on my plate.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
At some point I was thinking to myself "I want to learn more about Greek Mythology..." I still have yet so much to learn. I don't know, I think it's cool, but I have a lot of other stuff on my plate.
Theres some great tales, most of the ones I have run into seem to vary wildly depending on whose account. In all honestly I haven't looked into too much detail but its hugely interesting and definitely another world compared to Percy Jackson. In saying that Percy Jackson was a great introduction to the world.