Too many changes to Olympus

Danger_Actual

MVP
Danger_Actual
Danger_Actual
MVP
Ratings
ManaCube friends, players, and staff,

The massive scale of changes that have been affecting Olympus is ruining the community. I understand the Staff/Owner's intentions are good for the server, but certain things at this point can't be changed like they have been without massive repercussions.

For example, changing mining with trench from 3x3x2, where each swing gets 18 mana, and 18 mining experience, to 1, is a huge disadvantage for players that didn't grind mining right away. If a player with trench were to grind for 10 hours 2 weeks ago, I would have to grind for 180+ hours to achieve the same results now. That an impossible disadvantage. 10 hours is just an example, but there were players that mined for hundreds of hours with the "old" trench.

Additionally, the players that had masses of spawners, effective grinders, and made smart money making decisions early are light years ahead, and even though the new changes affect them too, there is no possible way to catch up.

If the intent is to lose active players and force the players that stick around to buy alt accounts, keep doing what you're doing. I've seen a lot of good people leave the server, because the changes being made are too much.

I don't mean this as a gripe session, I hope this serves as a reality check and a motive to think about the changes being made before pulling the trigger on them. If more preparation for the season was had, these changes could have been established before the reset and everyone would be on a level playing field, and it would be okay. At this point, there is too much progress to be making changes of this scale. I've donated several hundred dollars to this server along with many others, and it feels like our voices aren't being heard. We are told they are, and then changes come around and slap us in the face. If you look through the Olympus forum feed, its complaint after complaint after complaint.

Other players, let me know if you agree.

Iliux

MVP
Eliux
Eliux
MVP
Ratings
I agree with what your saying. So many changes are made that it just can't be handled anymore. A lot of the changes seem to benefit the rich as well...something I find very annoying. Olympus needs to be made fun for everyone. Not just a select few.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
The point of the new season was to introduce new changes, and primarily the main goal was and still is to make grinders less redundant and make mining the main source of income as Olympus is still a prison server, which in season one a lot of people seemed to forget. If you have suggestions you’d like to share that you feel would help improve the server and would make it more enjoyable for players, then head over to this website and suggest them, https://manacube.featureupvote.com. The entire point of the feature upvote website is for players’ voices and opinions to be heard, hence why Dacon has introduced a new bi-monthly thread dedicated to player suggestions, here on the forums (https://forums.manacube.com/threads/feature-friday-1.40307/).

I understand the frustrations of the players completely, and we want to make Olympus as enjoyable as possible for everyone, however there are a lot of bugs, and we are very much aware of them, some of the recent changes are being introduced to help solve some of the issues, like the current temporary state of Trench for example. I understand there are also issues with the new AFK timer, however the point of Olympus (referring to just Olympus here as this thread is directed towards this specific gamemode and is under the Olympus sub-forum) is not to go AFK 24/7, it’s a Prison server, where the idea is 'grinding is encouraged and there are secondary options (grinders/cacti farms) to make income’ not the other way around. You can still use console clients if you want to go AFK as there has been no discussion from the higher-ups regarding the ban of them.

For example, changing mining with trench from 3x3x2, where each swing gets 18 mana, and 18 mining experience, to 1, is a huge disadvantage for players that didn't grind mining right away. If a player with trench were to grind for 10 hours 2 weeks ago, I would have to grind for 180+ hours to achieve the same results now. That an impossible disadvantage. 10 hours is just an example, but there were players that mined for hundreds of hours with the "old" trench.
As I mentioned previously, trench is still currently being worked on, the way it is currently does not mean it will be this way permanently - If in fact it’s decided that it will change to be this way, it’ll be announced, but for now it is still a priority and is still being worked on.

We do appreciate the players’ opinions and concerns, however the issues that are constantly being brought up are being looked into, worked on and reconsidered constantly. Nearly a month ago, Olympus went through its first ever total progress reset, nothing like this has happened on the Olympus server, so things will go wrong and will need to be changed, removed, etc. I guarantee you that the first reset of any of the other gamemodes on ManaCube didn’t go down 100% smoothly either, however it’s part and parcel of a huge change like Olympus has recently experienced. During this current period, we ask for patience and your trust that your concerns are being listened to, as I stated before if you’ve got any suggestions regarding ManaCube, the store, Olympus, etc. submit them on Feature Upvote.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback, we greatly appreciate all of it. Even though new changes are coming and some have already came, YOU GUYS can still voice your opinions. The forums is a great place, but if you’re wanting to make direct suggestions, using the suggestions website is an amazing way to keep everything organized. Also, being active in the suggestions website is very important. A lot of the changes that you guys ask for have already been suggested, please visit the site and show support for the suggestions you love by upvoting or commenting. I know multiple staff check it daily, I for one try to check it AT LEST 3 times a day. I try to keep my personal thoughts out of conversations like these, but I personally do agree with you on some aspects of your post. I support all of you haha,

Also, if you ever want to talk or just rant about your frustrations feel free to message me in game, on here, or on discord. I’m always happy to listen.

Arenzo

PATRON
Ratings
As I mentioned previously, trench is still currently being worked on, the way it is currently does not mean it will be this way permanently - If in fact it’s decided that it will change to be this way, it’ll be announced, but for now it is still a priority and is still being worked on.

[/QUOTE]
So I what I heard from staff is that it's not being worked on right now and it might even take a while because priorities are elsewhere (survival).
Ans yet you keep telling us it's being worked when it's clearly not.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
So I what I heard from staff is that it's not being worked on right now and it might even take a while because priorities are elsewhere (survival).
Ans yet you keep telling us it's being worked when it's clearly not.
It is being worked on, but Olympus is not the only server and Trench isn’t the only thing being worked on, and expecting it to be the only priority and to be worked on 24/7 is, in my opinion, unreasonable. Currently Trench is usable and is stable, not the best quality - but it is usable. There are more servers that have issues too, besides Olympus.

Thanks for your patience.

Arenzo

PATRON
Ratings
It is being worked on, but Olympus is not the only server and Trench isn’t the only thing being worked on, and expecting it to be the only priority and to be worked on 24/7 is, in my opinion, unreasonable. Currently Trench is usable and is stable, not the best quality - but it is usable. There are more servers that have issues too, besides Olympus.

Thanks for your patience.
I know theres more servers and more problems, but saying its being worked on when theres other things being worked on is lying.
It's going to get worked on, but for now theres other priority's. That's fine but you litterly said its still being worked on, even though work hasn't restarted on it yet and you said it's still a priority, and it's not. it's on the sideline for a bit until the other things that need fixing are fixed (wich makes sense because those problems probably also had people waiting for a fix.

It's just that saying it's a priority and that it's being worked is false information or at least it gives players a completely wrong idea on the progress of trench getting fixed.

And yes it's useable but you'd be a fool if you did, I'll gladly lend you mine (if you're mining 70/75) and you can see for yourself, it's very not good right now.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I know theres more servers and more problems, but saying its being worked on when theres other things being worked on is lying.
It's going to get worked on, but for now theres other priority's. That's fine but you litterly said its still being worked on, even though work hasn't restarted on it yet and you said it's still a priority, and it's not. it's on the sideline for a bit until the other things that need fixing are fixed (wich makes sense because those problems probably also had people waiting for a fix.
It’s being worked on, just not 24/7. Trench is a priority, and is still being looked into, but for now it’s working and while you may not be happy with it’s current state, it is enabled. If in the future Dacon decides nothing can be done to change the current state of the enchantment, or any other updates regarding it, it’ll be announced in the #updates channel, or in #announcements.

While you may only play Olympus, and while there are issues with Olympus currently, it doesn’t mean no other server should be worked on because players aren’t happy with the current state of Trench. It will be and is being looked into, but just because it’s not the only thing being fixed, doesn’t mean it’s not a priority and not being worked on/looked into.

Currently Trench may be on the back-burner for a little due to some issues with spawners or on other gamemodes entirely, but that doesn’t mean Trench is being scrapped altogether. It’s a priority, but there are issues that either need fixing straight away or that can be fixed easily - Trench isn’t going to be an easy or immediate fix, therefore we require patience while it gets looked into. The way the enchantment is right now does not mean it’s going to be that way permanently, as I mentioned before if it does get changed to be that way permanently, then it’ll be announced. Other servers have been put to the side so Dacon and the other developers/admins could work on the issues with Olympus, now that Trench is at least stable and working, they’re taking this opportunity to fix the other issues with the server(s), and also working on the spawners.

Arenzo

PATRON
Ratings
It’s being worked on, just not 24/7. Trench is a priority, and is still being looked into, but for now it’s working and while you may not be happy with it’s current state, it is enabled. If in the future Dacon decides nothing can be done to change the current state of the enchantment, or any other updates regarding it, it’ll be announced in the #updates channel, or in #announcements.

While you may only play Olympus, and while there are issues with Olympus currently, it doesn’t mean no other server should be worked on because players aren’t happy with the current state of Trench. It will be and is being looked into, but just because it’s not the only thing being fixed, doesn’t mean it’s not a priority and not being worked on/looked into.

Currently Trench may be on the back-burner for a little due to some issues with spawners or on other gamemodes entirely, but that doesn’t mean Trench is being scrapped altogether. It’s a priority, but there are issues that either need fixing straight away or that can be fixed easily - Trench isn’t going to be an easy or immediate fix, therefore we require patience while it gets looked into. The way the enchantment is right now does not mean it’s going to be that way permanently, as I mentioned before if it does get changed to be that way permanently, then it’ll be announced. Other servers have been put to the side so Dacon and the other developers/admins could work on the issues with Olympus, now that Trench is at least stable and working, they’re taking this opportunity to fix the other issues with the server(s), and also working on the spawners.
I think we could go one like this forever and ever about this but I get it, I'll just keep waiting on any updates but a little poke here and there can't hurt. Some take it to the extreme by litterly spamming the forums discord and in the chat of olympus not saying any names (*Kuche uche* V4B *uche*).
Manacube doesn't have the biggest staff team but theyre doing what staff is supposed to do so that's a good thing.
(and as mentioned in the previous message I understand theres other problems other than trench, with that I ment problems outide of olympus aswell)

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
@Arenzo, I really do completely understand the frustrations as I’m working my way up to level 75 for both the rebirth and for Trench, but we do really appreciate the patience.

Hopefully it can be resolved soon, along with the current spawner issue(s).

Arenzo

PATRON
Ratings
@Arenzo, I really do completely understand the frustrations as I’m working my way up to level 75 for both the rebirth and for Trench, but we do really appreciate the patience.

Hopefully it can be resolved soon, along with the current spawner issue(s).
Ah you thought that was the end of our conversation (I thought so too).
I'm just wondering, what spawner issues are there now? because it's all messed up right now

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I'm just wondering, what spawner issues are there now? because it's all messed up right now
In all honesty, I am confused too - but that’s because I don’t get involved with the spawner side of Olympus, haha. I think there’s just a lot of issues regarding the new spawner changes in #announcements (http://prntscr.com/n94r7v). I believe the new radius is 22 despite it saying 32, and there’s some bugs/glitches to bypass this that are being looked into.

Sil or LiLKalya would be able to explain it better as I believe they are both more informed about spawners, whereas I deal with everything but, because the whole spawner system goes wayyyy over my simple little brain. I’d DM either one of them with any questions about the new spawner changes, I’m still just catching up on all the information about them.

HyDr0KT

PATRON
HyDr0KT
HyDr0KT
Patron
Ratings
97 5
wait isnt that 1 mana trench gletchere going to be fixed? isnt it going to give 9 mana anymore? tf is this
Hello.

This is still being looked into. I doubt this is intentional but for now please be patient.

Servers went downhill drastically.
I understand you’ve had some issues regarding your personal situation but like I said, there isn’t much us staff can really do about it. It may be unfortunate but dropping a comment like this is unnecessary.

Also if anyone has any questions/concerns regarding spawners feel free to PM me on discord @HyDr0KT#4433 and I would be glad to assist you.

JackyJohnny

MVP
JackyJohnny
JackyJohnny
MVP
Ratings
38 2
Hello.

This is still being looked into. I doubt this is intentional but for now please be patient.

I understand you’ve had some issues regarding your personal situation but like I said, there isn’t much us staff can really do about it. It may be unfortunate but dropping a comment like this is unnecessary.

Also if anyone has any questions/concerns regarding spawners feel free to PM me on discord @HyDr0KT#4433 and I would be glad to assist you.
Just stating my opinion on the server.

xEricL

MVP+
xEricL
xEricL
MVP+
Ratings
80 5
Staff—excluding admins—need to stop thinking everything is directed towards them. #Newsflash : it isn't. We're complaining on here because that's what the forums are for, and that's where we've been told to go if we need to speak our thoughts.

Nobody is saying "Hallow, you need to fix this!" or "Hydr0, why is this broken?!" We're simply voicing our opinions, hoping that @xDacon will see them and make changes to satisfy his player base.

Coming back at us with the same arguments over and over and over again is incredibly unproductive, since it clearly isn't making anyone feel better, nor is it preventing top donors from leaving the ManaCube network.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Staff—excluding admins—need to stop thinking everything is directed towards them. #Newsflash : it isn't. We're complaining on here because that's what the forums are for, and that's where we've been told to go if we need to speak our thoughts.
None of the staff feel like you’re “directing your complaints” towards us. There has been occasions where it has happened, but none of the staff members have said this, yes - we have said “there’s not much that we can do” because it’s the truth, we can only go as far as to report the issues directly. We’re responding to these threads to let players know that the issues they are ‘complaining’ about, are the ones that have been reported and that are either currently being or are planning to be looked into. No one has told you that you cannot use the forums to express your thoughts (as long as they follow the forums rules, of course), however staff members also have the right to respond to these threads when either there’s; misinformation, people wanting updates/asking questions, and also to share our own opinions on situations.

We’re also directing you to the Feature Upvote website, where you can post your suggestions to help out the server in a more productive place, also where other players can express their opinions/suggestions/ideas. We appreciate your opinions here on the forums too, but a lot of players seem to think they have an answer to every one of the issues the server is experiencing, so we’re pushing them to suggest them and share their opinions.

nor is it preventing top donors from leaving the ManaCube network.
If players are willing to leave due to bugs/issues, then I wish them luck finding another server that has absolutely zero issues all of the time, and that if ever an issue does arise, they have an “instant fix” like most (or a relatively large amount) of the players 'threatening' to leave, expect. :)

JackyJohnny

MVP
JackyJohnny
JackyJohnny
MVP
Ratings
38 2
None of the staff feel like you’re “directing your complaints” towards us. There has been occasions where it has happened, but none of the staff members have said this, yes - we have said “there’s not much that we can do” because it’s the truth, we can only go as far as to report the issues directly. We’re responding to these threads to let players know that the issues they are ‘complaining’ about, are the ones that have been reported and that are either currently being or are planning to be looked into. No one has told you that you cannot use the forums to express your thoughts (as long as they follow the forums rules, of course), however staff members also have the right to respond to these threads when either there’s; misinformation, people wanting updates/asking questions, and also to share our own opinions on situations.

We’re also directing you to the Feature Upvote website, where you can post your suggestions to help out the server in a more productive place, also where other players can express their opinions/suggestions/ideas. We appreciate your opinions here on the forums too, but a lot of players seem to think they have an answer to every one of the issues the server is experiencing, so we’re pushing them to suggest them and share their opinions.

If players are willing to leave due to bugs/issues, then I wish them luck finding another server that has absolutely zero issues all of the time, and that if ever an issue does arise, they have an “instant fix” like most (or a relatively large amount) of the players 'threatening' to leave, expect. :)
Players don't expect stuff to be done instantly, they mostly complain as there has been a large amount of bugs recently which seem not to be getting fixed. Also just saying "good luck finding another server" isn't addressing any issues, that's just another none of your usual sarcastic responses. You're exactly what's wrong with the server.