Rejected Tower Escape - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
acanniz11
Tower Escape
Plot # 5;101
Difficulty: Medium
# of jumps: 75

Hopefully, this map was better than my last one! I worked very hard and please lmk if there is anything I can improve on to get accepted!
Minecraft 1.16.1 - Multiplayer (3rd-party Server) 7_10_2020 2_52_02 PM.png
Minecraft 1.16.1 - Multiplayer (3rd-party Server) 7_10_2020 2_52_15 PM.png
Minecraft 1.16.1 - Multiplayer (3rd-party Server) 7_10_2020 2_52_31 PM.png
Minecraft 1.16.1 - Multiplayer (3rd-party Server) 7_10_2020 2_52_47 PM.png
Minecraft 1.16.1 - Multiplayer (3rd-party Server) 7_10_2020 2_52_58 PM.png

Attachments

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: Your parkour theme by the looks of it is 50/50 on originality, I've seen some tower maps but not really any modern looking ones, for your parkour detail it's pretty basic, you did a decent job on the outside but it still feels kind of plain and basic for a tower.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For your parkour difficulty I would say it's a medium parkour map submission, nearing the end of your map you've got an insanely hard parkour jump which I don't even know if it's possible or not, you'll know it when you see it, it involves a slab parkour jump, I recommend changing that. Your parkour looks messy as a majority of it is necessarily floating throughout the interior of the tower, your parkour variety is very basic and you didn't really use any memorable or unique parkour jumps, I recommend adding flower pot jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, etc to spice your map up.

Good luck!

Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: Your parkour theme by the looks of it is 50/50 on originality, I've seen some tower maps but not really any modern looking ones, for your parkour detail it's pretty basic, you did a decent job on the outside but it still feels kind of plain and basic for a tower.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For your parkour difficulty I would say it's a medium parkour map submission, nearing the end of your map you've got an insanely hard parkour jump which I don't even know if it's possible or not, you'll know it when you see it, it involves a slab parkour jump, I recommend changing that. Your parkour looks messy as a majority of it is necessarily floating throughout the interior of the tower, your parkour variety is very basic and you didn't really use any memorable or unique parkour jumps, I recommend adding flower pot jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, etc to spice your map up.

Good luck!
Thanks for your feedback! I changed the slap jump and i added some enchantment tables and other blocks.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey acanniz11,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of skycraper/tower-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. This is due to its unoriginality and unattractiveness. We have loads of skyscraper maps, and this one doesn't look very different. It's very plain and average, it doesn't bring anything new to the table. We've seen it done better before.
  • Parkour: The parkour was way too long for a medium, although it did fit it difficulty-wise. You should be striving for 40-60 jumps for a medium map, so you're gonna have to cut back on a couple of jumps. Yet, you had a bigger problem with the parkour, this being how repetitive it was. You used too many ladders, it felt like half of the map was just ladders. And, the parkour was also very repetitive not in its block usage but in its jump usage as it was just constant spiraling up the building. You need to be more creative when making parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.