Toxicity In Parkour Chat

Ratings
So i have noticed a lot as of lately that there has been a lot of toxic things said but people on pk dont seem to care or very few do. AutumnIsKool and i are 2 of the very few that are offended by this. These things include people making "gay" jokes or jokes about the LGBTQ+ community and i myself know many people and am myself a part of that community and i wish something could be done about people who do this because it does disturb me when people do this. It mainly bothers me because i had to talk one of my closest friends out of suicide because they were being bullied about this and i hate to bring that up but its the truth and to be honest i hate to say this but if it does not get fixed i dont know how much longer i can deal with it because i am very emotional, as well as many others and i get offended very easily. There also tends to be a lot of racism jokes even with the filters, and as well as that there are TONS of jokes about self harm and i think this should really be monitored closer. I also think all of the drug talk needs to stop because that is a genuine problem some people do struggle with. I think i speak for most of the people who play parkour when i say that this matter has crossed the line a very long time ago.
Thanks, Caitlyn and Autumn

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello <3,

Thank you for addressing this concern. If you see any scenarios ingame where sensitive topics are being mentioned, and you or others feel uncomfortable, please report it with screenshots in discord or via /helpop (when it's fixed). We will get them to stop talking about those topics, or to talk about them privately.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Cait, (and Annie too), I know I often miss you two in-game (it seems like I always sign off for the night just as you're logging on..), please feel free to talk to me or any other moderator on Discord, or in-game. Remember that any mod can mute for chat offenses, not just parkour staff, so once helpop is fixed please report.

There's a time of night that gets hairy. It's right around the time you made this thread. I wish I could be on at this time, but I just can't. But screenshots make the difference! If you get a good capture of some hate speech, or some "kys", or anything like that, staff can mute anytime. It doesn't have to be as it's happening. We get player reports, and sometimes mute people days after it happened.

But mainly, if you ever feel personally attacked or seriously upset about something some idiot said to you, talk to someone about it. Talk to a friend, talk to a staff member. It'll make you feel better and we can probably deal with the situation.

♡♡♡

E-54 Ganymede

MVP
_SaladeVerte
_SaladeVerte
MVP
Ratings
Put an additional caracteristic for recruiting Chat Mods : They must understand and talk 2 Languages at least. So much french haters and others in chat. When SHinx isn't there, it's a mess..
"Quand les chats dorment, les souris dansent" :p

Yeah can something be done about this, I feel like it is not okay to make jokes about this matter Period. Please mods can u do something about it?

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Yeah can something be done about this, I feel like it is not okay to make jokes about this matter Period. Please mods can u do something about it?
I do my best to make sure that when these topics are being discussed, they are being discussed politely and I will warn and/or mute anyone who is making others feel uncomfortable. I empathize with feeling uncomfortable with these topics, and I will do my best to make sure these topics don't make you guys feel upset. <3

Ratings
I feel like this also applies to the other, more understaffed servers such as islands -- we should try to get more active staff on islands to deal with these problems.

LeiSkule

Dedicated Member
Mapper
LeiSkule
LeiSkule
Ratings
50 2
So i have noticed a lot as of lately that there has been a lot of toxic things said but people on pk dont seem to care or very few do. AutumnIsKool and i are 2 of the very few that are offended by this. These things include people making "gay" jokes or jokes about the LGBTQ+ community and i myself know many people and am myself a part of that community and i wish something could be done about people who do this because it does disturb me when people do this. It mainly bothers me because i had to talk one of my closest friends out of suicide because they were being bullied about this and i hate to bring that up but its the truth and to be honest i hate to say this but if it does not get fixed i dont know how much longer i can deal with it because i am very emotional, as well as many others and i get offended very easily. There also tends to be a lot of racism jokes even with the filters, and as well as that there are TONS of jokes about self harm and i think this should really be monitored closer. I also think all of the drug talk needs to stop because that is a genuine problem some people do struggle with. I think i speak for most of the people who play parkour when i say that this matter has crossed the line a very long time ago.
Thanks, Caitlyn and Autumn
Hello noskillzjustcait,
I am sorry to hear about this but this will never change. People will always be mean or rude no matter what you do. If this is a continuous problem, try turning off your chat.

cammdden

VIP
cammdden
cammdden
VIP
Ratings
4 1
I've said this a few times, but people don't care about anyone. It will always happen. I've seen so many people not care about anyone getting hurt or getting in trouble. They will be as obnoxious as they want and still not care if they get in trouble. It's sad, but there is nothing you can do besides watch it get worse.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
I've said this a few times, but people don't care about anyone. It will always happen. I've seen so many people not care about anyone getting hurt or getting in trouble. They will be as obnoxious as they want and still not care if they get in trouble. It's sad, but there is nothing you can do besides watch it get worse.
You can always report them, and even if some people dont find it offensive, some other people might. That's why the filter has been put in place.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Why is everyone bumping old parkour posts? Glad pk posts are getting some love, but it's not necessary.