Not open for further replies.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
  • Username
    • _fleto_
  • Map Name
    • claustrophobe
  • Photos of your parkour (not required but recommended)
    • ss1.PNG
    • ss2.PNG
    • ss3.PNG
  • The warp to your plot
    • /plot h _fleto_ 2
  • Difficulty
    • Easy - Medium (probably easy)
  • Number of jumps
    • ~20-30

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: For your parkour theme I'm quite certain that this theme is original, I've never really seen a tripwire parkour map submission before so I guess that's a plus. For the detail you didn't really put much effort in, (my opinion) It looks very simple and seems like it took 15 minutes max, I suggest because it's such a simple item in Minecraft making it much larger so it can have more detail, just my suggestion.

Parkour difficulty/variety: For your parkour difficulty it's very hard in my opinion, these type of parkour jumps would be quite hard for medium or easy level parkour players, most of your map is quite hard head hitters, for your parkour variety it's very simple, you only really have some blocks and ladders, I suggest adding ice/soul sand jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, fence jumps, flower pot jumps, etc.

Good luck!

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hello o/

Unfortunately I have to agree with pro.. Neither the build nor the parkour are executed right. Since my comfort zone is building I will give you my opinion on that. First of all, the main issue with the build is that the proportions are not right. What I mean by that is that the size of the tripwire (hook) doesn't have the correct analogy with the string. If you take a look at how a tripwire looks compared to the string (place a tripwire hook on a wall and have string next to it), you will see that the difference in size is big. This is not the case here. I understand that you can't make the wire smaller. What you can do to compensate for that is making the tripwire hook bigger to match the analogy needed for it to look right. By making it 3d (instead of having a 2d stone floor with no depth) and/or by placing the tripwire on a wall, you will be able to tell the difference regarding size comparison, also allowing you to have parkour on the tripwire too. Whenever building, always have a reference image, look at it and try to copy it.

I hope you understood my point :D Good luck with your submission nonetheless

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
ok, I'll work on all of that. If you're a map reviewer, please wait until later tonight for an update.

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
(I AM POSTING A NEW THREAD ON THIS, DO NOT EVALUATE OR JUDGE THIS SUBMISSION UNDER THIS THREAD
)

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello _fleto_,

I will close this submission as you have opened a new one.
In the future, feel free to delete your thread using the three dots at the top corner of the thread if you would like to resubmit your map.

Thanks!
- Madi

Status
Not open for further replies.