MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
-1. This seems rather similar to Pipe (in terms of build/theme), and the inside of the tunnels remind me of another map as well, so I wouldn't say the theme is particularly original.
The build has nice block variation, but as the shape is just 6 cylinders, it's very hard to make it look appealing.
Lastly, the parkour is far too easy for an insane, it's more suited as a hard (in terms of difficulty, that is; it's too long for hard). It's also rather repetitive.

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I like the build and the theme. It looks nothing like Pipe in my opinion. If the parkour is good then I hope it's accepted. I know you've submitted this a few times in the past.

WolfAndRyan

ELITE
WolfAndRyan
WolfAndRyan
ELITE
Ratings
-1. This seems rather similar to Pipe (in terms of build/theme), and the inside of the tunnels remind me of another map as well, so I wouldn't say the theme is particularly original.
The build has nice block variation, but as the shape is just 6 cylinders, it's very hard to make it look appealing.
Lastly, the parkour is far too easy for an insane, it's more suited as a hard (in terms of difficulty, that is; it's too long for hard). It's also rather repetitive.
Hi. I submited this map before. You can see the thread here.
https://manacube.com/threads/tube-insame-map.42246/#post-127606
Shinxray said that this theme is "kinda original". Also, he also said this previous map is "WAY too hard", so I neffed it a bit. Don't know why you said it's too easy.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hi. I submited this map before. You can see the thread here.
https://manacube.com/threads/tube-insame-map.42246/#post-127606
Shinxray said that this theme is "kinda original". Also, he also said this previous map is "WAY too hard", so I neffed it a bit. Don't know why you said it's too easy.
Because I suck at parkour and was able to do everything first try without speed (except for one jump which took like 40 tries, but that's because I wasn't doing it right)

WolfAndRyan

ELITE
WolfAndRyan
WolfAndRyan
ELITE
Ratings
Because I suck at parkour and was able to do everything first try without speed (except for one jump which took like 40 tries, but that's because I wasn't doing it right)
Tbh, I think that the map is too easy too. But Shinxray is the map judge, not me. If he thinks that the map is too hard, then I have no choose but to neff it.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Tbh, I think that the map is too easy too. But Shinxray is the map judge, not me. If he thinks that the map is too hard, then I have no choose but to neff it.
Not sure, we'll have to see what the outcome of the map is.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Theme:
Originality: 8/10. I can't think of any maps with similar themes (Pipe is not the same theme, lol).​
Creativity: 9/10. I really like this theme, it has a lot of potential and it's not something I would think of right away.​
Build:
Attractiveness: 7/10. Although they are just plain cylinders, they look good. The water especially is a really nice touch.​
Palette and variety: 9/10. Very grey, very nice. The palette matches the build very well.​
Detail: 5/10. I would like to see more detail inside the pipes. The water and blank walls are fairly repetitive. Perhaps some mossy growth, cracks and holes in the wall, etc. This would be a way to vary the parkour a bit, too.​
Parkour:
Difficulty: 5/10. This is undoubtedly an Insane map, but I think it may be a bit hard. If you don't want to nerf the jumps, I'd suggest adding some more checkpoints. The parkour was also at times confusing.​
Variety: 9/10. One might argue that there could be more variety and depth with the parkour, but with this map I think the abundance of normal jumps and wall jumps matches perfectly. And there is variety in many parts.​
Fun: 9/10. This map was really fun to play. The parkour matches and blends with the build very well and I love how it moves through the tubes. I also really like how you used white glass in the water, it stands out nicely.​
Verdict:
8/10. This was overall a very good map. I think if you add some more checkpoints and improve the inside of the pipes, this would be hard to reject.​
Good luck, and I hope you keep making maps!​

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
so i'm giving you a +0.5 c:

Theme: it's original, pipe is somewhat similar but these are different enough. +1
Build:
it's okay, somewhat bland but there isn't much you can do about it due to the theme, and the water does improve it. 0
Parkour:
it's hard for an insane, like Tas said, you should consider nerfing it or adding checkpoints. the variety is decent, thought. 0

if you nerf the parkour, i'll change my review to a +1. good luck c:

WolfAndRyan

ELITE
WolfAndRyan
WolfAndRyan
ELITE
Ratings
Theme:
Originality: 8/10. I can't think of any maps with similar themes (Pipe is not the same theme, lol).​
Creativity: 9/10. I really like this theme, it has a lot of potential and it's not something I would think of right away.​
Build:
Attractiveness: 7/10. Although they are just plain cylinders, they look good. The water especially is a really nice touch.​
Palette and variety: 9/10. Very grey, very nice. The palette matches the build very well.​
Detail: 5/10. I would like to see more detail inside the pipes. The water and blank walls are fairly repetitive. Perhaps some mossy growth, cracks and holes in the wall, etc. This would be a way to vary the parkour a bit, too.​
Parkour:
Difficulty: 5/10. This is undoubtedly an Insane map, but I think it may be a bit hard. If you don't want to nerf the jumps, I'd suggest adding some more checkpoints. The parkour was also at times confusing.​
Variety: 9/10. One might argue that there could be more variety and depth with the parkour, but with this map I think the abundance of normal jumps and wall jumps matches perfectly. And there is variety in many parts.​
Fun: 9/10. This map was really fun to play. The parkour matches and blends with the build very well and I love how it moves through the tubes. I also really like how you used white glass in the water, it stands out nicely.​
Verdict:
8/10. This was overall a very good map. I think if you add some more checkpoints and improve the inside of the pipes, this would be hard to reject.​
Good luck, and I hope you keep making maps!​
Ok I will try to add more checkpoints. Thanks for the advice :).

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey WolfAndRyan,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. The theme is original, as the other tube/pipe themed map is "Pipe" which doesn't resemble this at all, so good job! The primary reason I have rejected this map is due to the build. I'll get to that in a second, I'd like to talk about the PK first. The PK length and difficulty definitely fit the insane difficulty, fantastic job! I found it to be very balanced, with a few exceptions (some of which I'll show below). The variation and build integration were also superb, I honestly had a great time doing the parkour. The main area where the PK is lacking is in its confusion at times, I really think adding more signs and carpet paths to help the player out would elevate the map quite a lot (examples below). Now, the build: I, personally, think the water looks great and the whole thing does, indeed, look like tubes. The issue is that the build is very plain and, ultimately, is just these big floating cylinders in the sky. This map really has great potential, the build's just hindering it quite a lot. I hope you find a way around it and are able to elevate the build. If not, I'll be waiting for more great maps from you to come! :)

p.s I also found a skip and an error with a tp sign, will add below

Difficult jumps:

Skips:
(red is correct path, blue is skip)

Confusing parts:

Wrong TP sign:
(coords you meant are in the top left)

Status
Not open for further replies.