Tutorial

DaveLenno

Donator
Ratings
I think there should be a detailed tutorial in each server for the new people that come to minevast. I really like the way that the skyblock /help is setup as and the wall of signs that's there. If it could somehow get implemented for each server that would be great, so instead of their being only books it could be a wall of signs and a command that brings you to a menu of helpfulness like what skyblock has.

Arckrai

Forum Expert
Ratings
128 2
I feel the books are useful and goes through a lot of information that you wouldn't be able to go through if you had the normal /help command. It highlights its commands and describes but it does however its just my opinion

DaveLenno

Donator
Ratings
I feel the books are useful and goes through a lot of information that you wouldn't be able to go through if you had the normal /help command. It highlights its commands and describes but it does however its just my opinion
There is an incomplete thought at the end there
Also yes it goes through a lot of good info but none that makes a ton of sense to a new player. when I first logged into prison I had no idea how to get a plot or that you could sell thing to the signs I had to ask for help. Also in kit pvp I have no idea what's going on it talks about plots in the book but their are no plots (as far as I can tell.) you just get thrown into it and hope for the best. I still don't know what I'm doing there

DaveLenno

Donator
Ratings
I think it would be a good idea to have a tutorial for all the donators about how to use their commands and what they can access. It could either be in the hub in a donater area, or on YouTube on Dacon's channel (not necessarily done by him)

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
There is an incomplete thought at the end there
Also yes it goes through a lot of good info but none that makes a ton of sense to a new player. when I first logged into prison I had no idea how to get a plot or that you could sell thing to the signs I had to ask for help. Also in kit pvp I have no idea what's going on it talks about plots in the book but their are no plots (as far as I can tell.) you just get thrown into it and hope for the best. I still don't know what I'm doing there
I think it would be a good idea to have a tutorial for all the donators about how to use their commands and what they can access. It could either be in the hub in a donater area, or on YouTube on Dacon's channel (not necessarily done by him)
True, this would be a good idea for some servers. Some other servers are self-explanatory.

DaveLenno

Donator
Ratings
I agree some of the servers are self explanatory and don't need a much work done for a tutorial but others are kinda hard to understand what to do. when I was in prison I had several people ask how to get a plot and how to get money and what you actually do in it so their is still something that needs to happen in the way of that. the skywars books work nicely it tells of what it is and what you do in it not much work needs to be done there but I didn't quite understand the scope of it all until I played a few games so a little work to be done. maybe transporting you to an example island and have text explain it (you mine, survive, and kill don't fall off) sort of thing. however it isn't required because it is explained well enough.

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Yeah, I had this problem, until I helped build a cops and robbers map! It was really confusing at first, but then I knew it was the easiest thing in the world!