Unfair Treatment From the ManaCube Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Backstory:
Near the end of 2019, I had gotten into an argument with some people who were at the time friends. There was extreme harassment that continued for three months until there was some kind of punishments handed out. After that, I thought we were all settled. Unfortunately, the others who were attacking me didn't think so. They continued to make attacks towards me, use hate speech towards me, and tell me to die. Eventually, I gave up on trying to solve it and blocked them.
But during this time, a player on Aether who was a huge part of the start of spreading this hate towards me created an account called SSM_DOG. My first reaction was that it was funny and a play on my name. But soon, I realized that typing "/hug ssm" hugged that account instead of me. This was really annoying as in the first week I lost out on over 400 hugs. And for a /hugs top player like me, that's a big hit. So I asked several staff members if this was allowed or considered impersonation and/or trolling, and they said: "as long as he isn't using it to impersonate you or harm you it's okay.". Alright then. That's fine, but I must return this annoyance until they stop. So I created an alt account named Derpylatio. Now, keep in mind that I had permission to do this, and I was not breaking the rules.

Today:
Today I got a message on discord asking for Derpylatio to be removed. I declined because this person has told me to kill myself and said he wishes I die. I will not compromise with a person who thinks this is okay.
But I digress.
Later, a staff member messaged me on discord asking for me to change the name or keep it offline. I declined for the same reasons listed above: me refusing to compromise for someone whos put me through a lot of pain, and for not having broken the rules.

Discussion:
Now I ask you, how come when I reported and asked for SSM_DOG to be taken care of, was it ignored and pushed away. But now that the owner of SSM_DOG is complaining about it, it should be taken down?
There were multiple cases where the owner of SSM_DOG had said things like "... ssm_god is gross... don't hug him..." with this account. I consider this an attempt to harm my leaderboard positions and image on the server.
I have never said anything in chat using my Derpylatio alt.

Remarks:
I know this seems petty. But I am tired of this person doing what they do and the staff on ManaCube not having the same basis for their punishments and treatments for players. This is not a shot at the staff member who messaged me today.

I wanted to make this situation public because I feel it is unfair.

Last edited:

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Firstly there really shouldn't be a reason hugs should be a big deal I get it but the disagreements that happen especially on Aether over hugs is ridiculous along with the alternate accounts hugging. Secondly if you believe the situation is unfair make a player report/staff report and it will be dealt with accordingly. No amount of community support or whatever you think this post will garner will change the fact that you need to use the proper channels for reporting.

Kind regards,
Raptor

Edit:
I'll add to this in saying you should provide evidence of every instance as if what you say is true there is context to this account and its name that has not been observed by staff. Also you have provided 0 evidence in this post. To me it seems your biggest issue is that you are losing out on hugs. Thats just how I see it currently with no proof.

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
This was not a report but to inform that I do not agree with what I am being told to do. There have been reports made and settled but now I am being told to change my account name. I was hoping that by making it public that the staff member who told me to take it offline would realize that they can't get away with unfair treatment.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
This was not a report but to inform that I do not agree with what I am being told to do. There have been reports made and settled but now I am being told to change my account name. I was hoping that by making it public that the staff member who told me to take it offline would realize that they can't get away with unfair treatment.
Obviously theres a time and a place with that sort've stuff from how you present it, it appears as if the issue is very unresolved. Like I said before no amount of community backlash will change this and presenting a maligned and biased perspective on the issue isn't helping you either. As we saw with the Volcano exploit the staff team aren't going to back down from an issue they've come to an agreement with. Also your account name whilst not offensive is impersonating unreservedly.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Obviously theres a time and a place with that sort've stuff from how you present it, it appears as if the issue is very unresolved. Like I said before no amount of community backlash will change this and presenting a maligned and biased perspective on the issue isn't helping you either. As we saw with the Volcano exploit the staff team aren't going to back down from an issue they've come to an agreement with. Also your account name whilst not offensive is impersonating unreservedly.
I didn't want to include images like this, but you aren't getting it. I have reported this before and it was dealt with. The account SSM_DOG was allowed to stay on because it was and is not considered impersonation or trolling. The rules have not changed so it remains the same today. So why do I have to take my account down?

Attachments

Jessup_

PATRON
Jessdown
Jessdown
Patron
Ratings
28 1
Its kind of upsetting you're creating a post over hugs, the person was not impersonating you they were making a mc account named Super Smash Mob Dogs! They are a big fan of dogs and if you're going to complain about that than maybe change your name if you've got an issue with it? Creating an account named DerpyLatio is obviously impersonation but that is my input, but yk my input doesn't matter. Also leaking shit between other people and sending shock messages and images should not be allowed, so I'd like to personally say that if you do you should not be able to own a forums account as you are spreading shock images and promoting terrible things that have been said to you. Might I add you have no room to talk about shock images and messages as you've sent pictures of you doing terrible things to yourself to other players. So please don't bring that up, I also have proof of that. Thank you.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Its kind of upsetting you're creating a post over hugs, the person was not impersonating you they were making a mc account named Super Smash Mob Dogs! They are a big fan of dogs and if you're going to complain about that than maybe change your name if you've got an issue with it? Creating an account named DerpyLatio is obviously impersonation but that is my input, but yk my input doesn't matter. Also leaking shit between other people and sending shock messages and images should not be allowed, so I'd like to personally say that if you do you should not be able to own a forums account as you are spreading shock images and promoting terrible things that have been said to you. Might I add you have no room to talk about shock images and messages as you've sent pictures of you doing terrible things to yourself to other players. So please don't bring that up, I also have proof of that. Thank you.
This is NOT about the hugs. It was not about what he sent to me. It is about the account being named in order to get at someone and now I'm being told to change it. I was told this is okay before, but now the owner of SSM_DOG wants it gone, so I have to get rid of it? The point of this thread was to share that someone else got away with having a name to impersonate/troll me because it wasn't against the rules for him, but it is for me?
That's not fair.

I'm outside the matter here. However this appears to be a very inappropriate post harassing another player. I would recommend taking this down before someone else does.

Jessup_

PATRON
Jessdown
Jessdown
Patron
Ratings
28 1
No clue why you're making a post about this go ahead and send it to player reports, no one really wants to read your messages in this situation because no one cares about your hugs. Sorry but i'm being honest.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
This thread has been locked due to flame wars.

Please file a player report if you wish to report a player, or file a staff report if you wish to report a staff.

Have a great day
Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.