Unspoken rule which I was warned about

Ratings
So I was on the Olympus Atlas server and went to the volcano after I just ranked up to Hero. When I was getting magma, I was killed by another player (not a problem it IS a pvp area) and was immediately told "reported." Took me about 5 minutes to learn that I had /d on (without a clue) as it was apparently against the rules. It's a fair rule no doubt... but when I checked the rules there was nothing about /d in the volcano, and nothing relating to the volcano. I logged on today to see I was warned by a mod about it, so I'm just saying if it's an actual rule you guys need to change it so it's an actual written rule. Not just a unspoken one which people learn about the hard way.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
So I was on the Olympus Atlas server and went to the volcano after I just ranked up to Hero. When I was getting magma, I was killed by another player (not a problem it IS a pvp area) and was immediately told "reported." Took me about 5 minutes to learn that I had /d on (without a clue) as it was apparently against the rules. It's a fair rule no doubt... but when I checked the rules there was nothing about /d in the volcano, and nothing relating to the volcano. I logged on today to see I was warned by a mod about it, so I'm just saying if it's an actual rule you guys need to change it so it's an actual written rule. Not just a unspoken one which people learn about the hard way.
I mean I don't play Olympus but if this is indeed a rule it'd be nice if the forum's rules are updated. Do keep in mind a lot of these things are common knowledge it does suck that a player didn't give you a heads up. Ultimately you know now and won't make the same mistake!
Other then that how've you been finding the Volcano?
Raptor

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Hey!

Thank you for making this post! First of all, a bit of info on why the disgsuise function isn't allowed in the volcano. It gives an adva tage to the player using it as the armour they wear can't be seen. This means that the attacker doesn't know if you actually wear it or not. On top of that, some disguises are harder to spot and have a smaller hitbox because of their size. This would ne the biggest advantage.

I will check on the rules and suggest it is added it if isn't. I'll also check if there are any other "unwritten rules" like that. My tip to you about disguises: when you used a disguise, do /ud and relog before going into the volcano. /ud will not be enough because players will still see you disguised unless you relog.

Have a great day!

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Hello,

I am so sorry that this confused you and that upon checking the rules, you could not find it. This rule is clarified under our Skyblock Specific rules but was not listed under Olympus.
Thank you for letting us know that it was not listed, I have since added it so that it is clearer to yourself and other players.

If you come across any other rules in the future that you do not believe are listed on the page, please do speak to a member of staff so they can double-check and report if required. Our rules do not list absolutely everything and absolutely every circumstance of each situation but they aim to provide a brief but full overview of what you need to know as a player.

Best Wishes,
Sunset

Ratings
Hey!

Thank you for making this post! First of all, a bit of info on why the disgsuise function isn't allowed in the volcano. It gives an adva tage to the player using it as the armour they wear can't be seen. This means that the attacker doesn't know if you actually wear it or not. On top of that, some disguises are harder to spot and have a smaller hitbox because of their size. This would ne the biggest advantage.

I will check on the rules and suggest it is added it if isn't. I'll also check if there are any other "unwritten rules" like that. My tip to you about disguises: when you used a disguise, do /ud and relog before going into the volcano. /ud will not be enough because players will still see you disguised unless you relog.

Have a great day!
Oh I completely understand, I know that it should be a rule (at that time I didn't even know I was disguised) I just wanted to bring it up because it is rule which should be under the olympus specific. Thanks for understanding :)

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Oh I completely understand, I know that it should be a rule (at that time I didn't even know I was disguised) I just wanted to bring it up because it is rule which should be under the olympus specific. Thanks for understanding :)
Ofcourse! We're here to help. And feedback like yours brought a nice little positive to the rules!