sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
727 81
ManaCube and forums has been around for many years and although I haven't been on it for as long, I believe the forums needs some sort of update since most pinned/important threads date back to 2014-2016.

A big problem that seems to be going around recently is players bringing back old forum posts and replying which confuses other players and brings back the thread. Maybe before a player's message is sent, there can be a pop-up that asks the player if they want to reply to the thread although it is 1 month old, or 1 year old. (similar to what other forums have).

Another thing that should be updated is possibly the staff application requirements and tips. A lot of players apply for staff but don't take the time to read the requirements which is quite repetitive, especially when it occurs in 99% of applications submitted. With the fact most players don't take the time to read the requirements, maybe it's time to update them possibly?

(i'm not saying that updating staff applications will make players read them, i'm bringing up 2 separate ideas that 1. they should be updated. and 2. there should be a way to get players to notice it more and read them before they apply)

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I don't know how updating the staff requirements would really change things- if they didn't read them before why would they read a more recent updated version? However, I understand what you mean. There's an issue with necro-posting and it often causes confusion. Perhaps after a certain amount of time, the thread can be archived? I'm not sure.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
727 81
I don't know how updating the staff requirements would really change things- if they didn't read them before why would they read a more recent updated version? However, I understand what you mean. There's an issue with necro-posting and it often causes confusion. Perhaps after a certain amount of time, the thread can be archived? I'm not sure.
well updating the staff applications and getting people to read them are 2 different ideas im trying to bring up.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
well updating the staff applications and getting people to read them are 2 different ideas im trying to bring up.
Ah, alright. I definitely agree that there are many people who don't read over the requirements- perhaps when you go to submit an application it puts a reminder to read all the requirements before submitting?

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
In terms of players not taking the time to read requirements, it is most often younger players or players who have just joined the server that day.

I personally don’t think the requirements need updated at the moment, as I believe they are quite fair. I understand the forums posts can be quite gruelling - but it shows patience and dedication to helping out, which are great qualities to have when staffing. Being active on the forums is also a huge part of staffing from the role of Mod and upwards, so it is definitely important to be active here too as an applicant!

As for necro-posting, we used to have a rule against it but now it is just sort of advised against. It isn’t really harmful to have responses to older threads - especially for forum games for example. Most times it is players looking for an answer to a question or a problem they are having, will find a similar thread, then respond there. Locking threads isn’t entirely necessary anymore, as we want to encourage people to use the forums.

You do have some good ideas, and I do personally really appreciate your dedication to the forums as an avid user myself (hehe), but I just don’t think it’s the most necessary at the moment. But that’s just my opinion! <3

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
727 81
In terms of players not taking the time to read requirements, it is most often younger players or players who have just joined the server that day.

I personally don’t think the requirements need updated at the moment, as I believe they are quite fair. I understand the forums posts can be quite gruelling - but it shows patience and dedication to helping out, which are great qualities to have when staffing. Being active on the forums is also a huge part of staffing from the role of Mod and upwards, so it is definitely important to be active here too as an applicant!

As for necro-posting, we used to have a rule against it but now it is just sort of advised against. It isn’t really harmful to have responses to older threads - especially for forum games for example. Most times it is players looking for an answer to a question or a problem they are having, will find a similar thread, then respond there. Locking threads isn’t entirely necessary anymore, as we want to encourage people to use the forums.

You do have some good ideas, and I do personally really appreciate your dedication to the forums as an avid user myself (hehe), but I just don’t think it’s the most necessary at the moment. But that’s just my opinion! <3
I completely see your point, just feel like ManaCube is missing something. After talking with most players they don't entirely find ManaCube fun anymore, especially with staff offering all these new seasons and saying they're going to help the server grow but they either keep it in it dark til the idea passes, or nothing happens whatsoever. I love Manacube and i love all of the friends i've made on it, but it's not always fun to play when everyday feels the same. Its always the same worn out community that just wants more to do. Manacube has so much potential already to be this amazing server but it only focuses on the servers that get the most money and they're the ones getting all the attention and hype leaving the smaller servers to die. Creative is a fun place to be, building, talking to your friends, experimenting, etc, but it can't be all that because of the lack of attention it gets. It took months and months to get a creative crate and its an elite chest. Members have to rely on scramblers to get mana because voting it down, its either that or they beg a rank to place armorstands or item frames for them. Manacube is just going backwards at this point and I feel like something has to change.

OakiiDoakie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
OakiiDoakie
OakiiDoakie
ELITE
Ratings
112 11
Hello Sophia!

These are some great suggestions to be honest. Reading the requirements is something you have to do yourself. If you do apply, you should make sure to follow the guidelines and take responsibility for looking up information regarding the position and requirements.

The ‘2nd’ suggestion you mentioned regarding making it easier to find is a lovely idea. But how? Well I have a suggestion that could make it easier to see when you are not following the requirements.
Perhaps it would be possible to get a message like:
Hey, you’ve not followed the requirements. You need 700 words in your application.
That would eliminate most new players that just submit an application. Perhaps would be possible to have in game stats on forums, so if you do not have 50h you cannot apply either. I believe this would eliminate a lot of players rapidly submitting applications.

Sincerely,
Oak