zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Username: zzykrkv
Map Name: UpwardsJourney
Plot 1
Difficulty: Insane
Jumps: ~168 (counting easy transition jumps)

This is my first time submitting a map. The idea is that you traverse up a steep cliff until you reach the peak. Although the map is very much a nature build, I haven't seen any others that are like this one, so in my opinion it should be considered an original build. I have made this map really challenging (It took me quite a while to verify). Some people have told me that the map is too hard because of a few technical jumps in the level. If that is the case, I am more than happy to nerf and redesign the gameplay. 168 may seem like a lot of jumps, but I have included easy 1 block jumps, and other simple jumps with the sole purpose of transitioning to another part of the level. In reality the actual jump count is more like 130.

Hopefully I get accepted!
2020-06-08_15.51.10.png 2020-06-08_15.52.03.png 2020-06-08_15.51.28.png 2020-06-08_15.51.10.png 2020-06-08_15.27.46.png 2020-05-29_09.53.26.png 2020-06-08_15.50.58.png 2020-06-08_15.21.07.png

2020-06-08_15.52.03.png
2020-06-08_15.50.58.png
2020-06-08_15.21.07.png
2020-06-08_15.51.28.png
2020-06-08_15.51.10.png
2020-06-08_15.27.46.png
2020-05-29_09.53.26.png

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Note: I can confirm everything is possible both x and z facing

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
I'm gonna tell you I love this style of parkour, it's very fun and challenging. It looks good and is also varied, but not too a point where it's just random blocks like most new maps are.
However I'm scared the the judges will reject the map due to "pArKOur flOaTinG tOo mUch" but that would just be a dick move of them.
The build looks good aswell, the only downside is that the theme may be unoriginal but I hope that it's not.
+1 Good luck!

Kubikit

MVP
Kubikit
Kubikit
MVP
Ratings
Very nice map, the build does the job quite nicely, although i feel like the palettes used are a little too wide, it's good overall.
The parkour is one of the best I've played in a while, it has a strong rankup vibe to it, i really liked it !
I had never seen adv hh nor bwmm on Manacube parkour before so I'm quite scared as to how the judges are going to want to nerf those (please do not).
There still are some bs jumps and over the top parts imo, which a "quality of life nerf" would help with.
I also believe that the 45 strafe jump needs a dedicated checkpoint.

Overall a very good map that is for sure getting ruined by nerfs ! :-:
Very good job though, this was quite refreshing to play.
+1

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
There still are some bs jumps and over the top parts imo, which a "quality of life nerf" would help with.
I also believe that the 45 strafe jump needs a dedicated checkpoint.
Hi, thanks for playing my map. If you don't mind, could you run me through which jumps you think need nerfing?

khirina

Dedicated Member
VIP
khirina
khirina
VIP
Ratings
130 6
I just wanna say you can make the map much more enjoyable if you add more checkpoints. As it is there aren't many checkpoints which makes the map significantly harder (mentally). You could preserve the parkour (which I think is incredible btw) with more checkpoints, and I think the map judges would like that. A rule of thumb is 1 for every 10-15 jumps.

On another note; I think the build is lovely. However, the underside of the cave section looks really lop-sided. If you extended the grassy bit at the beginning around the cave, I think the build would be much better. This isn't necessary, but i think it would add a lot to the visual appeal of the map.

+1

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Update: I have made a few changes to the gameplay to make it more enjoyable

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
Hello, I would give this a +1, but I still don't get the theme, but the parkour is good, but some areas are floating, and let me tell you, our map judges sometimes hate floating blocks in maps.

Why? : Well imo if this is a Journey to the top of the world/floating island map it would be unoriginal
Parkour?: Cant say anything about it but some areas are still floating and should be changed, also maybe a little more block variation.

Good Luck oh and my rating is a 0 for now.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Update: I Have made a few minor changes
-Fixed a jump that was not possible or at least too big of a pain in the ass when x facing (yea sorry)
-Patched an exploit
-Added an instruction sign at the 4.5 at the start of the volcano bit
-Moved a checkpoint 1 jump back

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Also I didn't know that your map could have spaces in between (silly me) if this does get accepted please add a space between the 2 words ty.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Update again: Remade a Jump to make it more enjoyable

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hey! This is gonna be a long review....

At this current moment, the course is being rejected. Unfortunately, the technical jumps are too much for this server. Adv hh and the one 45 strafe jump are alright in my opinion (the 45 strafe might take a while to get to this server). However, things like the bwmm jump and the one jump that seems like rex bwmm (I actually don't know how you're meant to do this jump, but rex bwmm is not good for this server, let alone normal bwmm) aren't really ready to be introduced here. I personally like the build. I agree with kub on the palette thing, it could look way less messy if the palette was less widely used. Some of the jumps could be nerfed still imo. Basically, the server just isn't ready for this map and the technical jumps that are on it. Some of them are cool and could stay, but if this map was to be revamped a few would have to be removed. Also, the build would need to be edited so the palette is less widely used and therefore makes it look less messy. It just looks like someone took a worldedit brush with some percentages and painted it currently. I am familiar with these techniques and rankup parkour and one jumps that use these techniques. However, this server is not for the most part. I believe some techniques on this course could be introduced at a later time, but right now they just cannot be introduced.

TLDR: The jumps are too hard for this current time on the server. A revamp would have to include nerfing and changing of the build to make it look less messy.

Thank you for submitting this map! I have a feeling you're going to have some questions or something to say, so feel free to message me on discord! I deeply apologize for the time this took to review! I can walk you through things with this map if necessary.

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.