Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Its just pointless tbh
Disagreed. Helpers should help people out, and it's important that they have forum posts. If you don't wanna take your time to help people out on the forums, or if you're not active, maybe then you just shouldn't try to get helper rank yet.

Ratings
1 4
I would disagree as someone who is really dedicated and wants to be helper would already have 20 posts and there needs to be something to sift out all the people who want to become helper.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Hey!

I understand 20 quality posts sounds like a lot, I've been there myself. But a staff member should know his way around the forums, which is shown in the posts. On top of that, it also gives a view on how the person communicates. As staff member, communication is a very important thing. By having the 20 posts and the discord activity, the communication can be checked.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
As a person who *loves* forums as a platform, I strongly disagree...
Forums give a place for people to share ideas that aren't really limited by a word count (like social media such as Twitter, and minecraft chat max length). I wish Manacube's forums could be more active outside of people trying to "farm" forum posts. The people that do make up the active forum community here are really great and have good discussions! I find it worthwhile to read and learn about the people here. It'll probably help you out in general.
Of course, with forums as with most things in life, you'll get out of it what you put into it. When you put in posts that are less than a sentence long, you probably aren't going to get much out of the experience and feel like it's "just pointless tbh". So try to put some thought into your responses to others and threads you make! It'll be more fun for you.
A small sidebar with 20 being the minimum requirement, you will see that it is suggested you try to exceed these requirements to make yourself stand out. Before you apply for staff again, I'd say you should try to put in more than 20, thoughtful, full responses or threads.

Ratings
Forums are a huge part about getting your message out there whether it is requesting for help or even just reading guides. The forum minimum should stay.

CosmicLunaBunny

Forum Expert
MVP+
JoinVC
JoinVC
MVP+
Ratings
90 9
I believe the 20 forum post requirement is a good requirement, because it shows that the player is actually putting effort into becoming a staff member. If we remove this requirement there would probably be more staff applications, because player can put less effort into the staff application, while others actually put a good amount of effort. The forum post requirement isn’t just too see if you active or not, my based on your loyalty, “how much effort are you going to put into this if we do give you a chance” That is what they are asking.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It's definitely annoying to have to get 20 posts in a day, as you apply for staff, but 20 posts is not hard at all in a month or even a week, which is at least how long you should be active before applying.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I disagree. I notice that @iiBigPoo was spamming to get 20 posts for his staff application. He seems really immature and impatient. Also his username is also a little immature.

lightningblade

Babaram_KISS
Babaram_KISS
Ratings
I disagree, people who do not take the time to talk and get to know the community on all platforms should not be considered for staff besides most other servers require a lot more posts so feel lucky that this one only requires 20

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I disagree, people who do not take the time to talk and get to know the community on all platforms should not be considered for staff besides most other servers require a lot more posts so feel lucky that this one only requires 20
I agree with you. Would YOU hire someone who only posted one message?

Yagami

ELITE
Plomph
Plomph
ELITE
Ratings
I think that the minimum amount of posts is fine as it is. It's not a hard goal to reach and shows that you are active as a ManaCube player.

Last edited:

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I have more than 500 posts and I wasn't even trying.

BestDiamondAxe

ELITE
jTogglesAura
jTogglesAura
ELITE
Ratings
32 9

jv_01

MVP+
jv_01
jv_01
MVP+
Ratings
19 3
To become a staff is patients talk to the community know the community, honestly the manacube community on discord is very nice and kind I’ve been quite active on discord for 3 days and there amazing

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
I think it's quite essential for staff applicants to have at least 20 forum posts. Having over 20 forum posts shows that you are familiar with the forums and the forums community, I do feel that 20 forum posts is possibly even too little but it's not my decision to make. If you have under 20 forum posts it shows that you haven't interacted with the forums community as much as necessary.

CammX

MVP+
CammX
CammX
MVP+
Ratings
82 4
Being active in the forums is a very good thing and should be a requirement for staff. It gives you a chance to get familiar with the staff and players alike and build a reputation that you would want as a staff member. When/if you get helper, people will remember you from the forums and already know that you are approachable and willing to help.

DrPhilThanos

MVP
DrPhilThanos
DrPhilThanos
MVP
Ratings
I wouldn’t say it’s pointless because there are reasons to it which people mentioned above, but personally I do feel like I’m the worst at being active on the Forums compared to being active on the Discord or server, but I still try to post and talk to people whenever I can on here. Anyways it’s only 20 forum posts lol so it’s not super hard