MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm giving this a -1.
Negatives:
  • There is no build. It's just four walls made with worldedit
  • Since there is no build, there is no theme. Flat walls aren't a theme.
  • The level is too easy for an insane map
  • The jumps are boring and repetitive
  • Barriers are unfairly used in multiple places. In one place it even looks like a troll, This is specifically not allowed and is mentioned in the map submission guidelines
  • Redstone is allowed, but pistons are not. This level has multiple sections that use pistons. Once again, pistons are specifically banned in the map submission guidelines
Personal preference negatives (Things that won't get your map denied but I just didn't like)
  • The heads of the creators are everywhere on the parkour, which really makes me feel like this map was made for the purpose of getting attention. Whether or not this was the case, it's what it feels like.
  • Just in general I don't think this map fits on the server. It feels like it was made in less than an hour.
Granted, I might be a bit harsh on this one, but when a player submits a map of this poor quality, I get seriously suspicious if it's a joke submission. Now I'm not accusing you, I'm just saying it feels like I'm being bamboozled.

The theme of this map is not original enough to be saved, so I'm not going to leave suggestions for improvement. I still like to see people make new maps, so here's some advice on what to do in the future:
  • Pick a better theme that people can connect with more. A wall themed map is not very exciting. For themes you could recreate areas or characters from other games you like, create interesting architecture and recreations of real life buildings, or just pick a random object... like shaving cream, for example.
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder towers) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Add more detail to your course to make it feel more like an environment instead of blocks on walls.
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
Good luck with any courses you submit in the future!

Danyuul

ELITE
Danyuul
Danyuul
ELITE
Ratings
I’m gonn have to give this a -1. Most of the parkour is just in the air. Basically the only building you did was the four walls around the map. I do see where you were trying to go with this. As Dubinzi said you should try and not make any blocks floating in thin air. Overall an alright map. Hope it gets accepted.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi NoBlatant and Flue83,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
There is not really a theme in my opinion (I can't really count "Walls" as a theme), so please pick a theme next time ! The build is not good, it's pretty empty and unattractive, your map is also way too big, please build something smaller next time ! The parkour could be better, it's really varied, but was confusing sometimes (Mostly because of invisible blocks, please avoid overusing them and if you use them on your parkour, add something on it because we can't see them in survival !), I also think the map is too easy for an insane, but way too long for an expert.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.