Warn system

Ratings
i have being playing MV for about a month, and i still cant seem to understand how the warning system works, can someone give me some insight?

Matthew794

Donator
Ratings
28 4
i have being playing MV for about a month, and i still cant seem to understand how the warning system works, can someone give me some insight?
The warn system is basically a system to tell someone to stop doing something as to where only staff and the player can see it.
This is normally the first stage to punishments, in regards to spam, caps, excessive swearing, etc. Staff then go on to the regular punishments such as kicks and mutes.

Summed up in three words, it means: stahp it nao.

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
The entire punishment system is designed to get players to follow the rules so the game is fun for everyone. Warnings are given first to make sure players are aware of the rules, or more often, to remind them of the rules. For most offenses, the warning is given in the public chat. Staff can choose to give multiple warnings in chat, or move to the /warn command. When the /warn command is used only staff and the player involved see the warning. So, just because you don't see a player being warned, muted, etc. doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Staff decides how many warnings a player gets (before other punishment) based on their behavior. A common misunderstanding is that players feel they have the right to be warned a certain number of times before being punished. This is not true. Players do not have the right to a certain number of warnings, or the right to free speech. They do have the right to be treated fairly. If players feel they are not treated fairly than can make a player report on the forums.

On all servers /rules give the list of general server rules. On Skyblock, where I typically see you, the Skyblock specific rules can be found at /warp rules. As you've probably noticed, we are more strict on Skyblock. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Purpz

Matthew794

Donator
Ratings
28 4
The entire punishment system is designed to get players to follow the rules so the game is fun for everyone. Warnings are given first to make sure players are aware of the rules, or more often, to remind them of the rules. For most offenses, the warning is given in the public chat. Staff can choose to give multiple warnings in chat, or move to the /warn command. When the /warn command is used only staff and the player involved see the warning. So, just because you don't see a player being warned, muted, etc. doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Staff decides how many warnings a player gets (before other punishment) based on their behavior. A common misunderstanding is that players feel they have the right to be warned a certain number of times before being punished. This is not true. Players do not have the right to a certain number of warnings, or the right to free speech. They do have the right to be treated fairly. If players feel they are not treated fairly than can make a player report on the forums.

On all servers /rules give the list of general server rules. On Skyblock, where I typically see you, the Skyblock specific rules can be found at /warp rules. As you've probably noticed, we are more strict on Skyblock. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.

Purpz
tl;dr
much description
such purple
wow

Ratings
Hey Purpz! thanks for the in depth explanation, it really cleared a lot of things up for me and helped me understand it better! but there is still one question i have, why are some rules and guidelines different among servers rather than just having one baseline? for example, on parkour where swearing is allowed, and to some extent caps, but on sky block its so different. is there any reason for this?

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
I've been playing on MineVast for more than a year, and it has been that way the whole time. One of the reasons is because Skyblock tends to have younger players. But some players like Skyblock because of the restrictions on cussing.

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
Another reason is... Well... Parkour... Y'know... Insane courses... :eek::mad: