We Need To Talk...

Awpinq

Awpinq
Awpinq
Ratings
13 20
So lately ManaCube Olympus has been gaining a lot of members to the list of "trench" pickaxe owners, and I am one of those myself. And throughout my use of the trench enchantment, I have noticed a large flaw within it that I'd like to discuss. (and before you think It's just going to be about mana/xp or other commonly reported bugs/wanted buffs, this is a personal one that I haven't seen any players discuss.)

The thing that I think should be added to the trench enchantment is allow for use on plots. Breaking blocks on plots do not gain you mana, so there's no way it could be exploited, and it would allow for much more extensive work done on plots. I think this is an easy thing that could be added, and it does no harm to the server, and does not allow for any exploitations or glitches. Just a much more efficient way of clearing a plot.

I know there are a lot of good builders on ManaCube Olympus, and I think that they don't realize how much more could be done if we had trench enabled for our plots. I think this is a great addition, it's harmless, and it's for the community. Let me know what you guys think, should it be added into the game?

illiterate_

PATRON+
illiterate_
illiterate_
Patron+
Ratings
52 8
So lately ManaCube Olympus has been gaining a lot of members to the list of "trench" pickaxe owners, and I am one of those myself. And throughout my use of the trench enchantment, I have noticed a large flaw within it that I'd like to discuss. (and before you think It's just going to be about mana/xp or other commonly reported bugs/wanted buffs, this is a personal one that I haven't seen any players discuss.)

The thing that I think should be added to the trench enchantment is allow for use on plots. Breaking blocks on plots do not gain you mana, so there's no way it could be exploited, and it would allow for much more extensive work done on plots. I think this is an easy thing that could be added, and it does no harm to the server, and does not allow for any exploitations or glitches. Just a much more efficient way of clearing a plot.

I know there are a lot of good builders on ManaCube Olympus, and I think that they don't realize how much more could be done if we had trench enabled for our plots. I think this is a great addition, it's harmless, and it's for the community. Let me know what you guys think, should it be added into the game?
Hi Awpinq!

There are separate trench tools that can be won from crates, and elite gkits that have trench on them. These tools are able to be used on plots!

Awpinq

Awpinq
Awpinq
Ratings
13 20
Hi Awpinq!

There are separate trench tools that can be won from crates, and elite gkits that have trench on them. These tools are able to be used on plots!
I am aware of the gkits, I am speaking primarily of the enchantment that is purchased via mana, the Trench enchantment.

Awpinq

Awpinq
Awpinq
Ratings
13 20
Only gkit

@original poster
You don't need trench on plots. Plenty of space to build already. Trench used to be enabled, was disabled because it was too op.
Also there is bug to get mana from mining on plots
Yes there is plenty of space on top, but what about below? Emptying layers upon layers can be very time consuming, and trench would be a great addition. I don't believe there is any mana bug, and if there is I am sure we can work together to solve it, but I don't believe that's the case. I appreciate your input though, SSM.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Yes there is plenty of space on top, but what about below? Emptying layers upon layers can be very time consuming, and trench would be a great addition. I don't believe there is any mana bug, and if there is I am sure we can work together to solve it, but I don't believe that's the case. I appreciate your input though, SSM.
64 block below you is 25% of what you have to build. you dont need more, but if you want more, then dig it. from an aesthetic point, im against it. there is a mana bug and ive already reported it. but adding trench ability to plot worlds adds additional conditions which would lead to more issues. from a technical standpoint, im against it. it taking long is part of the game. mining a 99x99x64 area takes a long time no matter what. from a time management standpoint, im against it. the game is meant to take long in places where people might squeeze any last bit of profit they can. from a maxed grinder creator/user standpoint, im against it. as someone who enjoys mining with the monotonous back and forth walking holding mouse button, its fun to mine plots. further, taking on a project like clearing a plot is a milestone project. its rewarding when you complete it because youve experienced the time it takes, but yet you kept going.

what i will agree on is that trench tools need to be made more available. the only way to get them is from Elite gkit mystery which is once every 5 days. and then you have 20%* chance of getting a trench shovel (the only one that works for clearing plots). they should be added to some shop or crate. ancient crate, leg crate, gotg, trials shop, kilton shop, or maybe manapond

*= there are hidden rewards in the mystery tool and the drop rates are not equal

also forums tip: you can quote multiple people in a single reply. also highlighting someone elses text will allow you to quote that certain section

Awpinq

Awpinq
Awpinq
Ratings
13 20
64 block below you is 25% of what you have to build. you dont need more, but if you want more, then dig it. from an aesthetic point, im against it. there is a mana bug and ive already reported it. but adding trench ability to plot worlds adds additional conditions which would lead to more issues. from a technical standpoint, im against it. it taking long is part of the game. mining a 99x99x64 area takes a long time no matter what. from a time management standpoint, im against it. the game is meant to take long in places where people might squeeze any last bit of profit they can. from a maxed grinder creator/user standpoint, im against it. as someone who enjoys mining with the monotonous back and forth walking holding mouse button, its fun to mine plots. further, taking on a project like clearing a plot is a milestone project. its rewarding when you complete it because youve experienced the time it takes, but yet you kept going.

what i will agree on is that trench tools need to be made more available. the only way to get them is from Elite gkit mystery which is once every 5 days. and then you have 20%* chance of getting a trench shovel (the only one that works for clearing plots). they should be added to some shop or crate. ancient crate, leg crate, gotg, trials shop, kilton shop, or maybe manapond

*= there are hidden rewards in the mystery tool and the drop rates are not equal

also forums tip: you can quote multiple people in a single reply. also highlighting someone elses text will allow you to quote that certain section
Exactly, so since you made the report the bug can be fixed, so that's out of the equation. I think It would be a great addition, it's harmless!

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
I have to agree with the points brought up, the Trench enchant for mines is intended only for mines and there are other rewards such as the plot trench tools that do allow you to more quickly modify your plot. The addition of mine trench to plots would definitely require some technical work arounds and would defeat the satisfaction of working hard to build a serious grinder (which can be done above grass as well)

I think this is an excellent idea and would love to hear what you guys think and if you have any suggestions of how/where to get them fairly.

Awpinq

Awpinq
Awpinq
Ratings
13 20
I have to agree with the points brought up, the Trench enchant for mines is intended only for mines and there are other rewards such as the plot trench tools that do allow you to more quickly modify your plot. The addition of mine trench to plots would definitely require some technical work arounds and would defeat the satisfaction of working hard to build a serious grinder (which can be done above grass as well)

I think this is an excellent idea and would love to hear what you guys think and if you have any suggestions of how/where to get them fairly.
My Idea Is To Add Trench To Plots Overall. I Am Not A Developer Myself So I Am Unaware Of Coding Or Any Sort Of Computery Things, But I Believe The Community Will Be Patient.

lavi

Dedicated Member
ELITE
tabooknot
tabooknot
ELITE
Ratings
86 3
Here's my take rq, I think ideally the best and only fair way to implement trench pic's on plots is if it doesn't give any mana or xp, realistically that would be very hard to code and seems unlikely so here's my solution, just put trench tools in kilton 1k souls for 2k uses (adjust to make it fair as needed) This puts everyone in the same playing field and seems like a realistic and non game breaking solution. LMK if you agree!

Awpinq

Awpinq
Awpinq
Ratings
13 20
Here's my take rq, I think ideally the best and only fair way to implement trench pic's on plots is if it doesn't give any mana or xp, realistically that would be very hard to code and seems unlikely so here's my solution, just put trench tools in kilton 1k souls for 2k uses (adjust to make it fair as needed) This puts everyone in the same playing field and seems like a realistic and non game breaking solution. LMK if you agree!
Trench Tools Already Don't Give Mana On Plots.

FireRocket33

Mod
FireRocket33
FireRocket33
Mod
Ratings
124 10
In my opinion there are way more important things that need to be fixed on Olympus, there already are trench tools for plot world so why do we need to waste the devs time on making another?

Bingo Bango

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
@Awpinq I think the main point brought up is that there already is Trench on plots, but it's not through the mine pickaxe and doesn't have to be if we can make the plot trench tools more available, which we're totally open to. Reacting disagree on every post that thinks like this isn't very cool!

I'll pass on some different ideas for plot trench tools in the mean time - Kilton + Pond?