Welp olympus is really in the shitter rn

Ratings
15 4
Wincho and (probably) Forceragepage - both s1 legends - are gonna quit and its not because they're burned out or anything, its probably because of
a)
Spawner limits
Seriously only 120 spawners per plot?
You use to be able to get like 6k spawners in a single grinder and rn its not even close to that, yea you might make maybe aroudn that amount but you need multiple grinders and they take up more space.
I have more to say on this but i just can't rn.
b)
Trench (any promise for new features in s2)
most the stuff that got added are things that nobody really asked for like kilton and the volcano pvpmine and the ones people were excited (trench for example) has been disabled for most of the 2nd season, like what even? why would you announce a new "blast" and then remove it basically at the start.
c)
Lag
this one is getting fixed i think but still holy crap is everything just slow on here, like tps is good but... does it matter when you lag out every 2 mins?

Conclusion:
I understand that olympus is "new" but for fucks sake its been broken since the start and its been a MONTH, like that should be more than enough time to patch things out that are shitty. Olympus is a hot shitshow rn and if this stuff doesnt get fixed soon the server is gonna die out, well at least the s1 community.

big momma

MVP
thegreattodd
thegreattodd
MVP
Ratings
"new" season I feel like more stuff is broken/lost and we havent really GAINED anything for a "NEW" season.

I can understand the spawner thing etc but some stuff have been broken for a long time?? how long do we have to wait for stuff to be added or fixed? Lag is unplayed sometimes

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
1) Olympus is a prison server, the point of prison servers are typically mining and JUST mining, however Olympus gives you more leeway and allows you to create farms, grinders, essentially secondary sources of income. People are FAR too used to the way season 1 was, and the ungrateful attitude towards limiting the spawners is getting a little out of hand, the point of Olympus is not to AFK 24/7 to make progress, it’s a prison server where you’re supposed to grind to get anywhere. I could maybe, somewhat understand if the spawner limits were a shock and went unmentioned til the release, but spawner limitations are something that was KNOWN before the reset even happened. I highly doubt people joined Olympus to begin with to AFK 24 hours a day, as that is not the point of any prison server you find, if you wish to AFK and use grinders etc. There’s always Skyblock, islands, survival, etc.

2) There are far more issues to worry about than just Trench, currently the main concern is the network lag (which seems to be almost cleared up), then after that there will be players complaining about a million other things besides trench. Would you rather Trench was left as it was and the server was unplayable? I don’t even know why there are so many complaints about Trench, it somewhat defeats your whole argument in the first point. You want Trench to mine, yet you would rather AFK grinders to get anywhere rather than mining? The issues you’re constantly reporting to us - we are beyond aware of. Not all of them have been broken since the release of season 2, and are being worked on/looked into.

3) As I mentioned above, they’re being looked into. However, less than a month ago Olympus went through a complete and total progress reset, HUGE new additions were added, of course there is going to be issues! These are things that we NEVER had in season one, and they add so many new opportunities into the gamemode! I could understand if nothing had changed since season one, but something you need to realise is things don’t always run perfectly immediately. You don’t know what is going on behind closed doors, but I can gurantee you that we’re doing everything we can. If the only complaint that people really have against Olympus is that there’s bugs, then I think we’re doing pretty good? There is no server that runs smoothly and perfectly immediately after release, it’s just an impossible standard to set.

Conclusion:
If you dislike the fact in season 2 you have to grind rather than go AFK, ManaCube has plenty of other game modes in which you can do this! If you’re unwilling to wait for the current bugs to be fixed on Olympus, again there’s other gamemodes!

We understand your frustrations, but you’ve got to realise these things do take time to fix. It’s been less than a month, and some of the bugs/issues are only recently known, if you expect immediate fixes, then I wish you luck finding anywhere that can deliver that.

big momma

MVP
thegreattodd
thegreattodd
MVP
Ratings
I get where you are coming from Hallow, and I agree with you on spawners I did think that was ridiculous as back when I joined it was really a prison server. But what "HUGE Additions" have been added? The volcano? which I dont see anyone using because its really not that good/worth it at all? Kilton is a good addition and I like that but they are really not "HUGE" additions? Not what I would expect for a new season....

And people wouldnt keep reporting things if we were told? All it takes is a broadcast in discord to say you are looking into the lag issues please stop msging staff - keep us up to date with what you are doing so then we know instead of keeping us in the dark?

And I dont see why you are complaining that people are complaining about trench especially when it was an item that people had to SPEND MONEY on last season to buy? Fair enough not everyone had to purchase it, but players last season that spent money on the item to get it and then being told to wait months to use an item they have they paid for??? thats shit lmfao. If you bought an item on a game that you wanted to use that did give you a bit of an advantage you would want to use it.

I also understand that Dacon is busy and there is a lot to do but its a server that a lot of people play on and i understand that it has many different sections (skyblock etc idk what to call it) and I dont know what happens behind the scenes etc but it might be good to keep people updated more on what is happening? But fair enough its been LESS then a month but still maybe someone who is more active in the community who works on this like a olympus manager or something might be good? idk worked on other servers ive played on... Just a suggestion I think it might be good?

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
I get where you are coming from Hallow, and I agree with you on spawners I did think that was ridiculous as back when I joined it was really a prison server. But what "HUGE Additions" have been added? The volcano? which I dont see anyone using because its really not that good/worth it at all? Kilton is a good addition and I like that but they are really not "HUGE" additions? Not what I would expect for a new season....
While these additions may not seem entirely “game changing!” or totally different to how things were last season, they are still relatively big additions, even if they weren’t, there’s still a lot of them, like; tempfly, Kilton, Hades’ Volcano, new NPCs, ancient trials, spawner limits, stackable spawners, slayer level, changes in sell prices in /shop, stricter plot limits, god crates, trench is obtainable in-game without spending IRL money (which is entirely different to blast, hence why it’s taking a while to find a proper and permanent solution) - all of these things add up, and all of these things will and are having issues that will have to be fixed and looked into.

And people wouldnt keep reporting things if we were told? All it takes is a broadcast in discord to say you are looking into the lag issues please stop msging staff - keep us up to date with what you are doing so then we know instead of keeping us in the dark?
Screenshots from the #Updates channel in discord in regards to the lag, which everyone has complete access to viewing at any time, if you do not have discord, /updates in game, or use the “updates” tab here on the forums (I strongly, suggest looking in these channels) - https://prnt.sc/n6p6n6 and https://prnt.sc/n6p6l8.

And I dont see why you are complaining that people are complaining about trench especially when it was an item that people had to SPEND MONEY on last season to buy? Fair enough not everyone had to purchase it, but players last season that spent money on the item to get it and then being told to wait months to use an item they have they paid for??? thats shit lmfao. If you bought an item on a game that you wanted to use that did give you a bit of an advantage you would want to use it.
No one that I’ve seen recently at least is complaining about this, and this is not why I brought that up or what ‘complaints’ I was referring to. They’re complaining that it’s disabled as it was causing TPS to drop. They’re also complaining that it’s changed temporarily while it’s being worked on, despite it still being enabled and usable, also there are complaints that Dacon “never updates us” yet when he tried to give a rough estimate, and exceeded it people didn’t let it go. Last season, is last season - I personally did spend money last season trying to get blast also. However, I think a little gratitude that in this new season you don’t have to spend IRL money to purchase an enchantment similar to blast, would go a long way. Dacon enabled it last night, and currently it’s dropping the items mined on the floor, mining EXP and mana aren’t updating the way it normally would, but it is still being worked on. The way it is now, does not mean it will always be like this, it is still a recent addition and enchant (http://prntscr.com/n6p80t).

I also understand that Dacon is busy and there is a lot to do but its a server that a lot of people play on and i understand that it has many different sections (skyblock etc idk what to call it) and I dont know what happens behind the scenes etc but it might be good to keep people updated more on what is happening? But fair enough its been LESS then a month but still maybe someone who is more active in the community who works on this like a olympus manager or something might be good? idk worked on other servers ive played on... Just a suggestion I think it might be good?
Boomclaw was promoted to Admin yesterday, so there are now 4 admins - The reason that Boom was promoted, is "Boomclaw has been one of our main developers for over a year, his role as admin will be to continue developing for ManaCube, with more time dedicated and involved than before” (taken from the #announcements channel in discord).

If you have suggestions of how to improve the server, post them on feature upvote, but from my point of view I fail to see how claiming ‘ManaCube is dying’ and ‘Olympus is in the shitter’ are “making suggestions for improvement” - the original thread, just seems (in my opinion anyway) like a way to complain about very well known issues (which, here on the forums you are entitled to your opinion as long as it is within the forum rules - however, I also have the same right to share my opposing opinion), and jumping on the bandwagon of “ManaCube is dying” because there are issues within one gamemode.

Thank you, for sharing your opinions however.
-Have a nice day/night.

Ratings
15 4
If you dislike the fact in season 2 you have to grind rather than go AFK, ManaCube has plenty of other game modes in which you can do this! If you’re unwilling to wait for the current bugs to be fixed on Olympus, again there’s other gamemodes!
You kinda misunderstood or i didnt say it in this but im for the afk stuff, its just that with the 1million mana enchant giving 1 mana per swing its not like a good mining system, other prison servers either avoid custom enchants alltogether or they make a better custom enchant choice, currently there is like 7 of them and 2 are useless (autoblocking and trench) for their rediculous price vs preformance output.

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
Search "Olympus" in the #updates channel in the Manacube discord and then search "Creative". Be thankful you get new stuff ;-;

I understand that olympus is "new" but for fucks sake its been broken since the start and its been a MONTH
1554293653374.png

^That's the last Creative update, how long ago was that, hmm

iFlame

ELITE
iFlame
iFlame
ELITE
Ratings
113 4
Honestly I understand that Dacon wants more focus on the mining aspect of the gamemode. But since everyone who already did purchase Trench has a huge disadvantage at this point, it is not reliable for us to mine.

Also:
We understand your frustrations, but you’ve got to realise these things do take time to fix. It’s been less than a month, and some of the bugs/issues are only recently known, if you expect immediate fixes, then I wish you luck finding anywhere that can deliver that.
In response to this, it just makes the player base feel like as if the new season was not tested enough. When you launch something as big as a new season, everything comes down to the first couple of days after launch - and what did we see then?
Poor performance..

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
the 1million mana enchant giving 1 mana per swing its not like a good mining system.
It’s not been stated yet that this is how it will be permanently - it’s still being worked on, so temporarily it is like this. In the future, it may go back to the way it was in season 1, however at least it is working, and at least an effort is being made.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
In response to this, it just makes the player base feel like as if the new season was not tested enough. When you launch something as big as a new season, everything comes down to the first couple of days after launch - and what did we see then? Poor performance..
Any issues during testing were reported by staff members and fixed by Dacon/the dev(s). It’s possible that during the release, things changed and went wrong, but they are being worked on.

From my experience, there wasn’t much wrong as soon as the server was released, it’s always been playable besides the lag spikes that have since been fixed and the issues weren’t really noticed ‘til further on (keep in mind this is just from my experience as I was on vacation and was unable to get on as often to check it out for myself but I was active on discord and any issues, although relatively limited at the beginning from what I remember, were definitely reported). It’s possible that the issues developed as the season went on, and as soon as they were recognised they were reported immediately, and continue to be reported immediately.