Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I'm late to the thread but oh well!

My pet peeve is maps that have too many jumps that just "go around" things. Like oh boy! I get to finesse my way around this random build! A lot of 2020 medium maps are like that. I like different types of movement in my parkour-- some fast, some bounciness, and even some slower paced areas if it makes sense.

Kiri

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ParthenonSys
ParthenonSys
Patron
Ratings
53 6
Blips... or should we call them glips. Always seems to break in some way every month. Please don't put blips in maps until they're fixed <3 love you

Zavman

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Zavman
Zavman
ELITE
Ratings
64 23
Hi everyone!

Merry Christmas!!!!

I have made this forum post to find out what annoys you the most on parkour maps when you come across it, whether that would be a certain type of jump or a certain aspect of the map!

I'll go first,
These barrier markings are really ugly and clash with the map!

Solution to this issue: /hdb search *your block colour of choice* pick the 'X' block and use that instead so it blends in and marks that barrier!
Let me know what your pet peeve's are!
anything that has stupid barrier blocks I gave up on multiple maps cuz I didn’t know where to go

borababie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
borababie
borababie
ELITE
Ratings
196 3
When I lag on a slime block ;-;

It's the worst feeling ever!

guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
When maps have too much floating text or player heads. They not only make me drop frames but like, do you really need that much people on your map. Another thing is directional signs, i'm sure most people have learned about showing not telling, but I still see signs with arrows and what not. If your path for parkour is not clear enough you probably used the wrong path.

nickclosed

Forum Expert
PATRON+
nickclosed
nickclosed
Patron+
Ratings
306 10
Dooble maps are my pet peeves.

balls_12

Dedicated Member
ELITE
balls_12
balls_12
ELITE
Ratings
93 5
my pet peeve is when i see this player head at the start

1644286436544.png

wKia

VIP+
oKurumi
oKurumi
VIP+
Ratings
surprised that no one has mentioned stuff like luck vines yet

but really anything that is inherently inconsistent can create really unfun parkour experience (also looking at you lagback)
You can actually make "luck vines" not luck by using coords, basic strat it's something like .3/.7 Y .99 (You can get to this Y level by just bouncing agaisnt the vine) f90/0/180/-90 and jam WD (hold)

guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3

bluebear99

VIP
bluebear99
bluebear99
VIP
Ratings
When maps have broken blips that lag you back. There are 2 insanes that I can't beat rn bc of laggy blips and I have had to use speed 5 on a bunch for them to be possible in the first place. Also water jumps are buggy.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
When maps have broken blips that lag you back. There are 2 insanes that I can't beat rn bc of laggy blips and I have had to use speed 5 on a bunch for them to be possible in the first place. Also water jumps are buggy.
Manacube moment