What i think about the Manaray Anticheat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zithmane

MVP
Zithmane
Zithmane
MVP
Ratings
16 1
Hi, Community of KitPvP!

First of all, note that I'm not making this thread to complain about anything, i'm simply trying to express my own personal opinion here!

So as some of you might know, even though i first logged into the server a few years ago. Yet, i didn't play at all, my playtime was nonexistent, i just started playing a month ago when i found out that some of my old friends from other servers are playing here, so yeah i started playing as well and made my first Introduction in the forums in 22/12/2021 last year!

But Since then i've already been banned twice by Manaray Anticheat for the same reason and in the same situation which is during fights, which made my experience throughout this timeframe something worst than a nightmare for me!
Thankfully i'm always recording my gameplays using the shadowplay replay feature. However, and unfortunately, even when i provided solid evidence that clearly shows that i had no unfair advantage over any other players and wasn't using any Hacked Client since i was on Lunar Client and Badlion Client in the second time, my Appeal just got rejected for reasons that staff aren't willing to share with me and wants me to accept a punishment on something i haven't done, i know that Ghost Clients can be injected into Lunar or Badlion but the staff refused to do a screen share even when i requested it seconds after i got banned, therefore and even at this point i don't even know what i did wrong to get punished

The Manary Anticheat isn't that bad and can be reliable sometimes, when there's a lack of KitPvP staff members,it is really a pleasure to have such a feature in the Manacube Network, but it just needs a rework and a lot of tweakings all over it, if it false banned me twice in a row during a timeframe of a month, i assume it unfairly banned many others, and once this second ban duration is ended it'll ban me once more cuz i don't even know what's causing it, the only way for me to prevent that from happening is for me to never play again!
It has a few flaws here and there that can be easily fixed if you can search for what's causing it! I know there's a lack of KitPvP staff members, but at this point, i just don't think it is something we can depend on when it comes to performing such a duty!

(if you would like to watch The Clips i recorded of me getting banned, send me a private message on my Discord: Zithmane#5514)

SOLUTION:
I've been thinking since the first time i got banned about a solution for this issue, and what i came up with was:

Instead of making Manaray completely Tempban a player from the Entire Network and make them leave the server, make it ban them only from KitPvP and send them to the Main HUB, when the player is kicked to the HUB he is not free to move around, instead make them frozen and send them a message in chat to wait for a staff member who is SS Verified to perform a full-screen share, in mean-while make the Manaray sending Alerts to staff members that there's a player who's waiting to be screen shared at the HUB, if the player just straight leaves the server then it's as easy as making him banned for whatever reason he was frozen for, there are two main reasons why I'm requesting this:

First Reason: if you have performed a full-screen share and found nothing illegal and the player was Legit, then you're preventing someone from being unfairly punished, also you can easily check what made the Anticheat think that this specific player was cheating, it's a very effective way to test the Manaray's accuracy and precision when it comes to making decisions!
Even though it requires more effort on the staff team's part to be done, this is what the staff team is for, giving fast and 100% accurate decisions!
Second Reason: if the specific player was sent to the HUB and left the server after that, he can instantly be banned without any staff member doing anything, and if a screen share was performed and cheats were found during the screen share the staff member can ban the player for a longer duration or even permanently ban the player since he refused to admit since the start and wasted the staff member's time, this is also a way to know the strong points on the Manaray and to know what it can properly detect and what it can not!

Last edited:

Lil_Marvin

ELITE
Lil_Marvin
Lil_Marvin
ELITE
Ratings
20 19
100% mana ray can be good but it bans a lot of people when there chugging gaps or jumping

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
1642784286596.png

After looking at the bans, page, I 100% agree with this, They should be kicked to hub, but honestly I don't believe they should be instantly banned if they leave, some people have shit pcs, and can only have a few things opened at a time, so they would have to quit the game just to log into whatever app, remember some people don't have other devices like phones or tablets, I think instead of an instant ban, every time the player logs in after being kicked to the hub waiting for a SS, they should just stay frozen until a staff member does the SS.

I kind of miss it to where bans page was filled up with staff and not just console, Sometimes imo Staff bans are actually more reliable than the anti cheat.

3Clicks

PATRON+
3Clicks
3Clicks
Patron+
Ratings
39 23
Manaray anticheat is good in its own ways. Blatant cheaters mostly get banned. I've seen a few closet cheaters get banned also. A revamp in involvement to anti cheat would be amazing for us but I don't think it'll happen. I've been mana rayed for bow boosting before but not since. I also don't think scerensharing would work as we don't have the active staff right now.

Zithmane

MVP
Zithmane
Zithmane
MVP
Ratings
16 1
Manaray anticheat is good in its own ways. Blatant cheaters mostly get banned. I've seen a few closet cheaters get banned also. A revamp in involvement to anti cheat would be amazing for us but I don't think it'll happen. I've been mana rayed for bow boosting before but not since. I also don't think scerensharing would work as we don't have the active staff right now.
I kinda agree with you, the Manaray Anticheat can easily detect blatant cheats most of the time, and is good in its own ways otherwise, Manacube wouldn't have implemented it in KitPvP. What i think the problem is that it is very sensitive to some specific actions made by players during or out of fights, also not taking into consideration that the server itself is lagging a lot of times, and a lot more bugs with the game itself

Last edited:

superflyGreeeee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
superflyGreeeee
superflyGreeeee
ELITE
Ratings
50 14
Hi, Community of KitPvP!

First of all, note that I'm not making this thread to complain about anything, i'm simply trying to express my own personal opinion here!

So as some of you might know, even though i first logged into the server a few years ago. Yet, i didn't play at all, my playtime was nonexistent, i just started playing a month ago when i found out that some of my old friends from other servers are playing here, so yeah i started playing as well and made my first Introduction in the forums in 22/12/2021 last year!

But Since then i've already been banned twice by Manaray Anticheat for the same reason and in the same situation which is during fights, which made my experience throughout this timeframe something worst than a nightmare for me!
Thankfully i'm always recording my gameplays using the shadowplay replay feature. However, and unfortunately, even when i provided solid evidence that clearly shows that i had no unfair advantage over any other players and wasn't using any Hacked Client since i was on Lunar Client and Badlion Client in the second time, my Appeal just got rejected for reasons that staff aren't willing to share with me and wants me to accept a punishment on something i haven't done, i know that Ghost Clients can be injected into Lunar or Badlion but the staff refused to do a screen share even when i requested it seconds after i got banned, therefore and even at this point i don't even know what i did wrong to get punished

The Manary Anticheat isn't that bad and can be reliable sometimes, when there's a lack of KitPvP staff members,it is really a pleasure to have such a feature in the Manacube Network, but it just needs a rework and a lot of tweakings all over it, if it false banned me twice in a row during a timeframe of a month, i assume it unfairly banned many others, and once this second ban duration is ended it'll ban me once more cuz i don't even know what's causing it, the only way for me to prevent that from happening is for me to never play again!
It has a few flaws here and there that can be easily fixed if you can search for what's causing it! I know there's a lack of KitPvP staff members, but at this point, i just don't think it is something we can depend on when it comes to performing such a duty!

(if you would like to watch The Clips i recorded of me getting banned, send me a private message on my Discord: Zithmane#5514)

SOLUTION:
I've been thinking since the first time i got banned about a solution for this issue, and what i came up with was:

Instead of making Manaray completely Tempban a player from the Entire Network and make them leave the server, make it ban them only from KitPvP and send them to the Main HUB, when the player is kicked to the HUB he is not free to move around, instead make them frozen and send them a message in chat to wait for a staff member who is SS Verified to perform a full-screen share, in mean-while make the Manaray sending Alerts to staff members that there's a player who's waiting to be screen shared at the HUB, if the player just straight leaves the server then it's as easy as making him banned for whatever reason he was frozen for, there are two main reasons why I'm requesting this:

First Reason: if you have performed a full-screen share and found nothing illegal and the player was Legit, then you're preventing someone from being unfairly punished, also you can easily check what made the Anticheat think that this specific player was cheating, it's a very effective way to test the Manaray's accuracy and precision when it comes to making decisions!
Even though it requires more effort on the staff team's part to be done, this is what the staff team is for, giving fast and 100% accurate decisions!
Second Reason: if the specific player was sent to the HUB and left the server after that, he can instantly be banned without any staff member doing anything, and if a screen share was performed and cheats were found during the screen share the staff member can ban the player for a longer duration or even permanently ban the player since he refused to admit since the start and wasted the staff member's time, this is also a way to know the strong points on the Manaray and to know what it can properly detect and what it can not!
Good subject, I have also been falsely banned twice, one thing I noticed it that it bans me when I'm very laggy, so that may be what's happening in your case

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,718 83
We're aware of the capabilities and potentials for false positives with our anticheat - @CullanP makes adjustments as needed, in this case we don't see the need to

Other people in this thread who were false banned in the past was related to speed, which all have been fixed (Speed is one of the hardest checks to maintain)

Zithmanes ban was for one of our most reliable checks. Gameplay footage does not prove innocence because there's closet clients that hide it so well youtubers can use it in their videos.

Also you've been recently banned in other games such as battlefield for aimbot lol.. so your record is also not on your side

Status
Not open for further replies.