What is your favorite part about Islands?

PippyLI

ELITE
PippyLI
PippyLI
ELITE
Ratings
What is your favorite part about Islands?

I feel like islands doesn't get enough love, since it seems a good majority of Manacube members hate on it, but I don't think it deserves any (well, most) of it D:. So why not talk about some positive things about the game mode! This can be for new or old players!

To be honest, for me I'm not sure what my one favorite thing about islands is, so I'm gonna say a couple. I like the little things that make it unique from skyblock, because imo the regular one gets boring fast, but added things like the toxic water and it being, well, and actual island makes it interesting. I also love the community, as I have made many amazing friends there <3 (a pro of it not being as active compared to parkour or survival is that you actually have a chance to talk to people, and there isn't as many jerks aha)

What about y'all?

AbiXChew

SrMod | Events Manager
Senior Mod
AbiXChew
AbiXChew
Senior Mod
Ratings
262 7
Its just a chill, less toxic place to hang out and do fun skyblock stuff. I don't understand why it gets a bad rep either. I love it :D Plus the builds are fun and its a new twist on an old fav. Plus Pip is kinda awesome to play with too...

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
It has the old skyblock mechanics, I don't like the new sb system :/

DylanB_666

Dedicated Member
ELITE
DylanB_666
DylanB_666
ELITE
Ratings
70 4
It's just a great place to vibe, however it has became a bit boring to me as I cant find much more to do, and if I do I can usually never be bothered, like you said it has great people and I usually just go to islands to talk to the people as they're all (usually) quite nice

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Well, the reason why I think aztec or oasis is better is because of slayer warps, but that's the only feature that I like there. Islands has a nice community, but it's super dead most of time... it's unfortunate, it could be better if it were less dead. Though, bcuz it's so dead it tends to have less toxic community which is nice I guess.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I don’t hate on it in anyway. Actually I played islands back in November 2019. The thing about islands is, it is dead. I love talking to people and helping people. On Islands there are simply no people to help or to even talk to most of the time. I sincerely hope they revamp islands and they make it a cool unique type of gamemode this time. Over the past few seasons it has been more of a ‘dead skyblock’ then it has been ‘islands’. I hope they get us good updates so I might eventually find joy again in playing islands :D

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
I feel like the best part is being able to chill out with others and really enjoy my time. The community comes together to help new people and it's just a great feeling. Also agree with @kxe I do enjoy the nostalgia surrounding the old sb mechanics <3
Also *cough* Let's ignore how LATE I am :D

lavi

Dedicated Member
ELITE
tabooknot
tabooknot
ELITE
Ratings
86 3
going on there once and a while to cf cubits then leaving again <3

ibes1508

Mod
ibes1508
ibes1508
Mod
Ratings
I just love the chilled vibe and the friendly conversations. Also the building projects are a lot of fun. Also also getting into the game mode was so easy (big thanks to kmoore who supported us in our first season of playing).
I kinda feel like hating on it has become a meme at this point and I definitely dont mind it lul

pestolicious

Forum Expert
ELITE
pestolicious
pestolicious
ELITE
Ratings
410 14
my favorite part about islands is everything. it is my favorite gamemode and i spend hours there daily. the community is a vibe, the plugins are a vibe, the basic theme is a vibe; its all a vibe. I've been here for almost 2 years and i love it so much. I've met my closest friends playing this gamemode and i've also met some of the worst people playing this gamemode, but I genuinely love it so much.

Also mb for responding to this so late !!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
my favorite part about islands is everything. it is my favorite gamemode and i spend hours there daily. the community is a vibe, the plugins are a vibe, the basic theme is a vibe; its all a vibe. I've been here for almost 2 years and i love it so much. I've met my closest friends playing this gamemode and i've also met some of the worst people playing this gamemode, but I genuinely love it so much.

Also mb for responding to this so late !!
I remember when we first met, such a vibe! I'm pretty sure we started talking because you seemed nice so I decided to message you xD

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I am thonking of joining islands.